The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flite by Steve Thompson (79 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..20~21~22 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Ah, I see. I wonder why people rush this process as it's very simple to do and takes a second. I simply address the audience while doing the dirty work and take my time clipping the ring. It's a nice casual process that goes unnoticed.

But as far as quality, agree, RFR is the King.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
When using a reel method, here’s no need for misdirection and there are no timing issues if you take the approach that I mention in this thread.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
For me there are many things I never liked about a reel. The safety of the ring, the noise, the loading onto the the clip, the clothing restrictions, angle restrictions, and the price!

I would use RFR in a professional sitting. I’m wanting something for casual situations where I won’t be too worried about having it on me all day.

Madison
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I totally agree with everything Madison just said Gaz 🙂
JETlivesOn
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of JETlivesOn
RFR is for magicians who want spectator's to think they own a luxury car.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2020, JETlivesOn wrote:
RFR is for magicians who want spectator's to think they own a luxury car.

Sure, why not?
Magic is all about deceiving your audience. 😃
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I probably have about 10 versions from the past 35 yrs. RFR is the best reel version but i’ve always hated the load onto the clip in every reel version i’ve owned. It just doesn’t look natural. That’s why my go-to has always been the Morelli Ring from Collector’s Workshop and, more recently, Nick Einhorn’s fantastic version. I got bored and picked this one up because of how clean the load looks.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Wow, I am surprised to hear the comments with the RFR. It is always one of the effects that everyone remembers when they see me again at a different venue. They always ask me to do that ring trick again. I'm not sure I understand about angle issues because I do this one with people all around me. Also with RFR there is not any sound that is ever heard made by the reel. At least not with mine, it is super silent. The loading of the ring is a little finicky at first but after practicing with it and performing with it the loading just comes natural. Not to mention the vanish of the ring is so much more magical than with using misdirection.

But I'm always on the lookout for non-reel ring flight so I will definitely be waiting for some reviews on this.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Oh don't get me wrong, I LOVE RFR. To me it's the gold standard hands down. But couldn't resist this either, for all the same reasons Madison said.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Does your RFR make noise nathan? The only part I agree with Madison on is the loading of the Ring but as I said over time that problem goes away.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2020, MadisonH wrote:
I bought it. I’ve been looking for a reliable ring flight that can take a beating. Hopefully this is the answer.

Madison

You mentioned keys being in play here....how has this version changed your thinking?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
The difference is here it’s on your key ring and actual appears on it rather than a secondary loop of yours attached to theirs . Plus you have placed your keys into another spectators hands before even vanishing the ring ( from their perspective ) Gaz 🙂
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Yes, but Madison mentions keys in play prior to appearance, which is what this appears to be. I was just curious of his thinking on this based on his comments on the thread I linked in my comment.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I know he does but as this is not on a secondary key ring this solves all his concerns in my opinion . It certainly solves mine , I am looking forward to some reviews on this one as it looks really good Gaz 🙂
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Plus in one of the performances, he doesn't bring the keys in play until the end at all, just like other versions.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Exactly Nathan , you have to bring the keys in play at some point even in RFR which you can with this too . People only buy RFR in essence for the vanish but if done well its totally invisible to a layman without reels and is far more practical imo Gaz 🙂
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Guys, I was asking madison a question. Thank you for your input though. Gaz, ofcourse the keys have to come into play.....for the reveal. Smile
Madison said he only wants the keys to come into play at the end, so I was wondering (if you will let me explain myself better) if any of the other demos of this item changed his thoughts about the key ring NOT being in play until the end. Other than that, looking forward to your reviews.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes because it’s not on a separate ring will be his answer as that makes a huge difference imho . Pm Madison if you want him to answer more promptly lol Gaz 🙂
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2020, RNK wrote:
Does your RFR make noise nathan? The only part I agree with Madison on is the loading of the Ring but as I said over time that problem goes away.

If I may jump in here. I have a rfr. I wont use it because of the noise. Now, I'm not a worker where I might be in a noisy environment (wedding reception) where it might not be much of a problem. The reel itself is not noisy but the process is as it flies back, bounces off of pocket and then into pocket then hitting the device and rattling keys. All of that makes a lot of sound for me and definitely audible to a spec.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree it does make a noise when arriving home so to speak , and having a silent reel becomes irrelevant when it’s final destination is noisy unless gigging in noisy
environments . That’s the appeal of these non reel methods and casual use occasions rather than having clothing restrictions as well etc Gaz 🙂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flite by Steve Thompson (79 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL