We Remember The Magic Cafť We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Flite by Steve Thompson (70 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21
danHumphrey
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
I really like the simplicity of this gimmick, but I have a problem with using it because it gets caught in my pocket and can't be removed quickly without wrestling it out - am I the only one?.... mine is quite sharp/unfinished which probably contributes to the snagging.

Does anyone have any experience and suggestions to make it easier and quicker to load and remove?

Happy to move to DM to avoid divulging secrets.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Dan
danHumphrey
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
☝I should have said "potential simplicity..." because in practice, I haven't found it simple to use...
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
When you load it, donít load like in the tutorial but load it so the ring drops in the pocket. When you then pull back them out of your pocket your fingers are now in front of the ring (so it canít fall off) and if you now pull up and tilt your wrist downwards it means the potential sharp edge has clearance and wonít snag. Itís also the action you want when bringing around the front anyway as it closes or locks the gimmick (in my case anyway). If the non key is very sharp lightly file that sharp point carefully flat. Best wishes Gaz 😊
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2545 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I keep mine on a clip that hangs from my belt loop so itís not in my pocket at all. The clip easily comes off my pocket. Not perfect but most flexible for me.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1141 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Iíve just cut a piece of plastic off of the cover of a notepad and popped that in my pocket. Eliminates any friction. Simple
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes the plastic is a great idea as long as itís thin like Sean suggests Gaz 😊
danHumphrey
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Yes, the plastic works really well. Thanks for your help folks 😀
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Woke up this morning to find the small key had broken off of my ring. Any suggested fixes for this?
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of leosx1
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2021, AutarchicFlux wrote:
Woke up this morning to find the small key had broken off of my ring. Any suggested fixes for this?

there is glue available by Araldite that can bind metal too works really well in my experience.

https://www.go-araldite.com/de/produkte/......5ml-tube
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
298 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Quote:

JB Weld works nicely. Itís a 2 part epoxy that is super strong. Itís available at most hardware stores
andrew124C41
View Profile
New user
Somewhere near Washington, DC
72 Posts

Profile of andrew124C41
Quote:

I just picked this up on a whim and I must say I was quite surprised by the simplicity yet brilliance of the idea. I have Ring Flight Revolution which of course is a very well made custom gimmick most definitely worth the price.

But one has to remember that this is different. You are looking the ring directly to the ring.

I purchased a metal clip at Home Despot... similar but smaller than what he suggests. I can clip it to a belt loop rather than use a back pocket. He suggests putting a playing card in your pocket and using it to avoid catching the pocket

As for the little key breaking off, I have wonded how careful I need to be. I can see that even though it is welded, it is only attached to a very small surface area so I have consciously been careful with it.

Being a master at gluing things I do not think any glue will work for an extended period fir the same reason...to little surface area to make contact with.

I would suggest contacting the creator about the issue. I would think he would be kind enough to send you a new gimmick.

I have not made up my mind about letting the spec look at it. I have tried dropping it in the specs hand and holding it with the swivel keychain device I am using....kind of letting them do a cursory inspection. My thinking is that by letting them hold it briefly, psychologically it leaves then with the thought that they did hold it..inspect it. I have not done it enough to determine whether or not this is the best handling

Save for the potential weak point where the small key attaches, I really do like this effect. People have been just as impressed with it as Ring Flight Revolution. At least that is my experience. I just hope the gimmick lasts and does not break.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2545 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I have also been clipping to a belt loop rather than putting into the pocket. I got these. The hold on your belt too securely but I found the quicker to remove than spring loaded clips cause there is nothing to open.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KPL......F8&psc=1
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2021, Xcath1 wrote:
I have also been clipping to a belt loop rather than putting into the pocket. I got these. The hold on your belt too securely but I found the quicker to remove than spring loaded clips cause there is nothing to open.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KPL......F8&psc=1

Well spotted. Good idea. Iíve only just realised that this item is available outside of E. thatís great news. Just ordered.
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
No matter how many times I reattach the small key, it just comes off in the pocket. Am I the only one having this issue?
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
I'm using JB Weld too, but it seems like the point of attachment is just too small to make this very resilient as an EDC in the pocket.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Mine is welded strongly as it just came like that. It also is welded with the key ring through the hole of the little key so itís very difficult to break unless you repeatedly sat on it I suppose. Or of course if you got a poorly made one.
I donít get a few people saying itís welded flat to to flat on a small surface area as I have seen at least 10 of these as I modified a locking key gimmick for them and all had the key ring going through the little key hole just stopping flush with the exit side.
Best wishes Gaz 😊
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Flite by Steve Thompson (70 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL