We Remember The Magic Cafť We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ Anverdi's Mental Die (132 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1514 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2020, Puzzlemaker wrote:
I recieved mine today. Very beautyfull! But he didn't talk about how to turn the dice off. I watched the instrucrions twice.

I have been wondering the same thing. It may be different from Mental Dice because the t*****r has both an on-off switch and an activate/sleep button. There doesn't seem to be a facebook group for MD users.

Mike
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5526 Posts

Profile of RNK
I don't believe you have to turn off the die.
tomd
View Profile
Special user
729 Posts

Profile of tomd
Yeah you don't, just turn off the thumper.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1567 Posts

Profile of elimagic
I agree with Drew. This is clearly a direct copy of Craig's invention. A fully sealed, normal die that does not go into a box and is send to a thumper is the basis of Craig's addition (and a huge leap forward) to the original principle. This is Murphys, yet again, caring more about profits over ethics and the knowledge of these devices being in the public domain. Money talks and clearly the magic community at large, mostly made of of non performers have voted with their dollars and given Murphys the power.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1780 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2020, KC Cameron wrote:
Anverdi's Mental Die & Dice exposed on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QxXa27gHaM

Not just the dice products.
Always amazes me that magicians think laymen have no idea how many of the tricks are done when it's only a 'google' away.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2020, reignofsound wrote:
Quote:
Anverdi's Mental Die & Dice exposed on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QxXa27gHaM

Always amazes me that magicians think laymen have no idea how many of the tricks are done when it's only a 'google' away.

Here's a piece of advice worth $1000s. Don't make the die the focus of the routine. Use it like a peek wallet, treat it as incidental to the core performance.

That way nobody will think to Google the solution.

Today this advice is free, courtesy of your friendly TV mentalist. Smile

You're welcome.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3368 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2020, Doric wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Here's a piece of advice worth $1000s. Don't make the die the focus of the routine. Use it like a peek wallet, treat it as incidental to the core performance.

You're welcome.

Exactly!!!
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1780 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2020, Doric wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

You're welcome.

👌🏻
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5016 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
To Doric funnily enough itís the people who buy the products cheap like this one for say £130 who do a presentation like . ď Roll the die I wonít look , you picked number 4 right ? ď Ironically those of us that pay the Promystic prices and have had these for literally years before any possible exposure would never ever dream of performing it in this manner even though we could of without fear of technology even crossing the spectators minds . This is what happens when you make things available ie cheap to all , people canít keep their mouths shut imo Gaz 🙂
amirb401
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of amirb401
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2020, RNK wrote:
I don't believe you have to turn off the die.

Quote:
On Sep 24, 2020, tomd wrote:
Yeah you don't, just turn off the thumper.

Quote:
On Sep 24, 2020, Michael Daniels wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2020, Puzzlemaker wrote:
I recieved mine today. Very beautyfull! But he didn't talk about how to turn the dice off. I watched the instrucrions twice.

I have been wondering the same thing. It may be different from Mental Dice because the t*****r has both an on-off switch and an activate/sleep button. There doesn't seem to be a facebook group for MD users.

Mike

So only the thumper needs to be shut down when finishing a product? if so, how long the dice battery lasts before you need to recharge it?
Doric
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
To Doric funnily enough itís the people who buy the products cheap like this one for say £130 who do a presentation like . ď Roll the die I wonít look , you picked number 4 right ? ď Ironically those of us that pay the Promystic prices and have had these for literally years before any possible exposure would never ever dream of performing it in this manner even though we could of without fear of technology even crossing the spectators minds . This is what happens when you make things available ie cheap to all , people canít keep their mouths shut imo Gaz 🙂

Exactly!

Their minds would explode if I told them I use all 3 dice but the spectator is never aware any dice are in play, at any time. Lol.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5591 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:

But to be fair we have all seen top name mentalists such as Banachek and even Craig himself, perform the effect in essentially that exact way in video performances. Well, obviously they were drawing the reveal out a little bit more but only by a few seconds. In fact I would wager that 99% of those willing to pay PM prices way back when and that have been performing this effect for years, were performing it exactly that way at that time, and 98% still do. One of the appeals of the effect is its straightforward simplicity, just a die and nothing else. It was almost propless!

Now I realize that part of reason this basic routine is performed so often on television is because television spots are always pressed for time, so quick and simple effects are favored, but it is also a very strong effect that has tremendous impact. Simply knowing the number or color of an innocent little toy has gotten me some of the strongest reactions of anything Iíve ever done.

So while I agree that exposure has perhaps forced some to use the dice as inconsequential peripheral elements, I donít believe that was the original intention. Nor do I think some of these routines are as strong and impactful as simply telling someone their freakin' number straight out.

https://youtu.be/xAJuQFqu3n8
TomTom59
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of TomTom59
I agree with Doric, I have the three dice set and I am thinking of getting the single so I can add a thumper to my set. I would never Just reveal what colour or number or combination of both as a one line throwaway reveal. If you perform this way then all you have is a very expensive toy, you need to be more creative in how you use these dice, I am an amateur magician who shows my my magic to friends family and parties etc, I have used my dice many times and never had anyone suspect I am using anything other than normal dice, of course this wonít stop those people who must no how a trick is done, but if you disguise the method as much as you can they will have less to go on. All so in the comments some members seem to think that if your not a professional but an amateur we care less about are hobby than they do and have very deep pockets. I work very long hard hours, and any expensive purchase has to be considered and saved for, in some cases many weeks. I do love my hobby and of course try to support the creators as much as possible, but we donít all have £ 1,000 + to lay down on a single item. I do not like the guilt trip that members give me because I have been able to get something that I have always wanted but would never be able to afford, are you telling me to go without and boycott a less expensive alternative so that only the very few and elite can have. I mean no disrespect in may comments here and suspect I may have left a bad taste in some mouths.

Tom.
Mobius
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of Mobius
I think we are going to have to accept that technologies that were once "secret" and "underground" are now becoming a bit more mainstream. Audiences are soon going to be aware of what is possible.
If you have any doubt have a look at this.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/1928372437/......imagined
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2478 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2020, Mobius wrote:
I think we are going to have to accept that technologies that were once "secret" and "underground" are now becoming a bit more mainstream. Audiences are soon going to be aware of what is possible.
If you have any doubt have a look at this.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/1928372437/......imagined

Yes go dice and Bluetooth cubes are always mentioned in these discussions. I feel this product was mention pages before.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4000 Posts

Profile of JanForster
... many times... Smile ... and this is probably also the reason why dices are getting thrown out (and cheap) by others now... as the "thing" might be dead for us very soon , for me it is already. BTW, the guys behind the "Go Dice" are known to us, they produced before "for us"... but trying now to go for profit... although they face more difficulties until now there were expecting. Let Covid aside, they are far behind the originally scheduled time frame... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5016 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I think from memory itís Gidy and the estooge team who are behind Go Dice ? Best wishes Gaz 🙂
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
723 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
Is anyone having problems with getting this device to work?
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Mine works fine. Watch the video, you have to sync the die the first time you use it.

Mark
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1234 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2020, misterillusion wrote:
Is anyone having problems with getting this device to work?

I'm not surprised.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ Anverdi's Mental Die (132 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL