We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Anverdi's Mental Die (132 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5526 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2020, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2020, RNK wrote:

The spectator can roll all three colored dice one time using the thumper that comes with the mental die. You do not have to roll them one at a time using this thumper.

Oh, ok, I see what you’re saying.
Boy, you better hope that all 3 don’t roll high numbers or you better be highly skilled at secretly counting in your head (and accurately!) while still talking and engaging the audience. God forbid that you want to confirm the numbers by going through the sequence a second time. 😃

This a a good example of how Marc Antoine's thumper strategy would make it so much faster and easier.

Honestly I do not see it being a problem if they did. This thumper is good and fast. Also, more than likely you are doing this effect as a mental effect, there is plenty of time because obviously you don't want to reveal it right away.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5015 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Jonnyboy you’re are wrong and I will find the names of infact the 2 I had seen and viewed before Craig’s ever existed . There are threads on here naming before too so you are wrong there . Mark Masons was a wooden die with a thumper but Mark didn’t create it Gaz 🙂
Doric
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Millions of dollars that’s absolute rubbish and completely made up figures . The market isn’t there for it , as it’s only a few of us ie a very small percentage including me who pay the money for his products . Everyone else waits for the cheaper versions later down the line Gaz 🙂

Those were Craig's words on his latest video. Are you calling him a liar?
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Note that I said sealed die with a thumper. No one has ever claimed they had this before Craig’s. It would be interesting to learn of any preexisting ones. I doubt that to be the case, as otherwise, Craig’s would not have exploded in popularity as it did.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1234 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2020, jonnyboy wrote:
I doubt that to be the case, as otherwise, Craig’s would not have exploded in popularity as it did.

As I've said, there's a reason people like Michael Weber swear by Craig and his products. So much so in fact that Weber has literally attached his name with Craig's as part of Promystic's Master Mentalism Summit where the very best of the best come to share the most valuable inner secrets of mentalism.

Michael does not take secrets lightly, his trust in Craig and Promystic is very telling and frankly that's more than enough endorsement for me.
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
569 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
When I read this thread I see a lot of assumptions, misinformation and rationalization. As someone who cherishes magic - it really saddens me.

Quote:
On Sep 23, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Millions of dollars that’s absolute rubbish and completely made up figures . The market isn’t there for it , as it’s only a few of us ie a very small percentage including me who pay the money for his products . Everyone else waits for the cheaper versions later down the line Gaz 🙂

Context is important, Craig said that dollar amount in relation to R&D for his product line OVER THE LAST TWELVE YEARS - so no, it's not "rubbish."

The mention that "everyone else waits for the cheaper versions later down the line" simply highlights the problem at the heart of all this. MAGIC CONSUMERS HAVE CREATED THIS PROBLEM BY ENCOURAGING UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES.

There is a difference between TRUE innovation/advancement and unethically appropriating someone else's intellectual property. A "coded th******" might be nice, but it's not an innovation that gives someone the right to release it along with additional kit that copies nearly everything from an existing product.

The vast amounts of money that Craig, and other genuine innovators, spend in R&D is an expense you can bypass if you're simply stealing product ideas. Within bigger industries, companies protect their IP with patents etc. and take legal action against those who attempt to profit from imitation products. Gaz, you are correct in saying that the magic market is fairly small, therefore its difficult and costly for inventors to take the same measures.

Listen, you can try to justify this product all you want, but at the end of the day you're supporting theft.

If you still oppose that reality, I challenge you to devote the hours, money and energy required to create a unique product and then bringing it to market. Let me know how you feel when you then see your work not only stolen (impacting your own sales) but also flogged over the internet (impacting the ability of all your customers to feel comfortable using your product in a google-happy society).

For those wondering why Craig hasn't joined in on the fun, he's been swamped by the logistics of a new product launch. I've been in contact with him though and have learned even more of the backstory regarding Murphy's "Anverdi Line" and can tell you - the facts are even more incriminating against Murphy's than I first thought.

More details to come.

Best wishes,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX

ELEMENTARY: Now Available!
ALL PROJECTS AVAILABLE AT: www.mindofandrews.com/colleagues.html
Harry Patter
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of Harry Patter
Murphy's got away with Mental Dice because people demonstrated they had no moral or ethical standing.
Now they have made Mental Die knowing perfectly well, only a handful of people will care they are stealing.

Just put yourself in either Marc Antoine's or Craig's shoes and imagine how you would feel.

I don't know what is next but this could be the beginning of the end for independent creators.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5015 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I am not trying to justify these others I actually swear by Craig’s stuff and buy nearly all of it . Plus his customer service is second to none . I was just saying millions of dollars is an over exaggeration imho , and also that there was other versions of a solid die with a thumper before Craig’s die . Regards Gaz 🙂
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
My Anverdi Mental Die (White) arrived today. Everything from the parts to the packaging is first rate. Even the inductive charging unit is nicely designed.

I haven't paired the Thumper with my 3-dice set of Mental Dice yet (they are buried in a box while I remodel my den). But I did watch the instructional video and now understand how the Thumper differentiates between the 3 dice. Clever.

I've played around with the white die (that came with the Thumper) and I'm quite pleased with the speed and efficiency. The Thumper is so small it would be easy to palm it.

Another quality product in Murphy's Anverdi line. Bravo!

Mark
Doric
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2020, Harry Patter wrote:
Murphy's got away with Mental Dice because people demonstrated they had no moral or ethical standing.
Now they have made Mental Die knowing perfectly well, only a handful of people will care they are stealing.

Just put yourself in either Marc Antoine's or Craig's shoes and imagine how you would feel.

I don't know what is next but this could be the beginning of the end for independent creators.

Color Match is next according to a recent product update.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1598 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Intelligent people know whos 'line' this actually is.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1300 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2020, Doric wrote:
Quote:

What do you mean Doric? Which product? 😧 This Anverdi line thing really get on my nerves!
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1300 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2020, KC Cameron wrote:
Anverdi's Mental Die & Dice exposed on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QxXa27gHaM

We can identify the following problems here:

A. The blatantly revealing product trailers!
This guy just need to show Marc Antoines product trailer! 🤦‍♂️
The trailers by Murphys are no exception.

B. That so called “professionals“ like Lior Suchard use publicly available magic shop products and presentations. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
These guys (also attendees of Talent Shows) should use creative, unique and foremost their own stuff!
Do not attend a Talent show or TV show if you don’t have own material or at least unique bullet proof presentations.

C. Google unfortunately matters. Be aware of what you share on the Internet!
Doric
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2020, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2020, Doric wrote:
Quote:

What do you mean Doric? Which product? 😧 This Anverdi line thing really get on my nerves!

Here you go chief, Color Match is first on the list of products coming soon.

https://www.murphysmagic.com/anverdi_products/
maklakmak
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of maklakmak
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2020, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2020, KC Cameron wrote:
Anverdi's Mental Die & Dice exposed on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QxXa27gHaM

We can identify the following problems here:

A. The blatantly revealing product trailers!
This guy just need to show Marc Antoines product trailer! 🤦‍♂️
The trailers by Murphys are no exception.

B. That so called “professionals“ like Lior Suchard use publicly available magic shop products and presentations. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
These guys (also attendees of Talent Shows) should use creative, unique and foremost their own stuff!
Do not attend a Talent show or TV show if you don’t have own material or at least unique bullet proof presentations.

C. Google unfortunately matters. Be aware of what you share on the Internet!

This is all good stuff but point B, about 'so called professionals' is a little harsh. I have seen Dynamo and even the great Derren Brown use magic shop productions
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3368 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
One problem I see is that we tend to be selective in who and what products we complain about when it comes to originality or the "rights" to produce and sell. Certain people can outright blatantly copy and steal others work and get away with it because everyone likes them, while others get crucified. It has been this way for years. Most would be surprised at just how many effects they perform are a rip off of someone else's hard work.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3220 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Could not agree more. Like everything else lately, it is all politics. As long as you are part of the In crowd, your followers will back you in any fight, especially when you are wrong. Let me or you release a ‘similar’ effect and it becomes time to get out the wood & nails.
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
569 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Gaz, in hindsight my use of pronouns was a bit ambiguous. I was using the "royal you" referring to anyone who IS trying to justify/condone this product. You have said a few times that a solid die with th***** was available before Craig's - it would be great if you can supply specifics. Electronic dice predate Anverdi (no doubt a fact that Murphy's wishes were untrue) and th***** have been around for ages, but it seems clear to me that Craig's product was the first of ITS kind.

Rowdymagi5, you are correct in that this is a MUCH larger issue. That's why proper crediting and permissions should be at the top of the list for every magic producer AND expected by every magic consumer.

Rizzo, I can only speak for myself here, but it isn't a case of "politics" or being part of the "in crowd." I will defend anyone who falls victim to IP theft. But yes, before you (or anyone else) release(s) a "similar" effect, it's your responsibility to do the research and ask for permissions. Speaking directly about Murphy's "Anverdi Mental Die" though - it's not "similar" - it's nearly IDENTICAL to Craig's.

Best wishes,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX

ELEMENTARY: Now Available!
ALL PROJECTS AVAILABLE AT: www.mindofandrews.com/colleagues.html
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
I recieved mine today. Very beautyfull! But he didn't talk about how to turn the dice off. I watched the instrucrions twice.
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Or is it exactly like the 3 dice set?Turn the Thumper off and wait 20 seconds?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Anverdi's Mental Die (132 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL