The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Woman at the well (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

vannma
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of vannma
I have a trick with a milk picture that illustrates the woman at the well story in John 4. I have the milk picture "full" of water colored blue so the audience can see it better. I also have a clear glass with a cross on the front and a paper cone. Patter about the story of how Jesus met a woman at the well and he asked her for water. Then patter about how Jesus told her if she asked Him for water, he would give her living water. "Pour" the some of the water into the cone and then empty the remaining water in the picture into the clear glass. The picture is now completely empty. Patter that the water in the cone is of the world, the water in the glass with the cross on it is of Christ and it is living water. The worldly water can drown you, the living water can save you. If you drink the worldly water you will just get thirsty again, if you drink the living water you will never thirst again. The worldly water will just leave you dry and empty. Dry and empty just as this cone is dry and empty. Rip the cone apart, ball it up and throw into the audience. You see all that is left is the living water from Jesus, that my friends is all you need!
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
610 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Great illustration! I love how visual this is as you describe it all
Thanks for sharing this routine.
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
vannma
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of vannma
You're welcome. Glad you found it useful. The fact that you completely empty the picture really adds to the illusion. I have done this one in my gospel routine for years. One time I had two 30 something ladies come up to me after the show and say, ok we have a lot of questions but if you just tell us where that water went we will be happy!
dustrod
View Profile
Regular user
Western Wisconsin, USA, Earth
121 Posts

Profile of dustrod
Love it
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Woman at the well (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL