The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Jay Sankey, Comedian? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
I saw an older episode of the show Comics on the Comedy Network here in Canada last night featuring Jay Sankey. In this show he did about 30 minutes of stand up with no magic. If you thought he was eccentric before, you should see this show. Now, I don't know much about Jay, but did anybody else know he was also a stand up comic?
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I believe David Acer is also a stand up comedian. Is this correct?
Kenardo1
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Kenardo1
Yes, David is also a stand up comedian and stars on his own TV show on cable. Check out Meir Yedid's Magic Times link for more info. Also Jay wrote a book on stand-up entitled (I think) "Zen and the Art of Comedy"
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
533 Posts

Profile of RSD
Jay was a stand-up before he did magic. He was performing at Yuk-Yuks and he slowly incorportated magic into his act. Now look at him!
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of Snidini
This guy is multi talented. I had the pleasure of seeing him lecture and his humor, although sometimes sic and very funny, is cutting edge stuff. I knew then after seeing him that if he ever gave magic up, he could always do comedy. Great wit, magic and just an all round nice guy he is. Guess I didn't know he started out that way first and ended up doing magic.

Snidini
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Actually, Jay did Magic long before he got into stand-up comedy. Most of his Magic books were written before his stand-up comedy years, too.

entity
transcriptionist
View Profile

Gainesville, FL
0 Posts

Profile of transcriptionist
Now it all makes sense. Jay was quite funny when he explained his card balloon trick on video.
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Quote:
On 2004-06-15 13:21, Kenardo1 wrote:
Also Jay wrote a book on stand-up entitled (I think) "Zen and the Art of Comedy"

You're right about his book. I've checked it out at the library several times and it's a really great book! I recommend it to anyone looking to improve their magic/patter scripts. Lots of practical information on performing in general. Be sure to take a look!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Jay Sankey, Comedian? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL