The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Connection - Dani DaOrtiz (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
742 Posts

Profile of canaday
Connected - Dani DaOrtiz
$25.00
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/card-m......nnected/

The Hype:
Here's something as timely as it is fascinating: Dani DaOrtiz has designed an entire collection of ca'rd material...for Zoom performances! In these unusual times, we need hard-hitting material that can be done by video-conferencing remotely, and this material represents the very finest efforts of the master, Dani DaOrtiz. These are tricks that work great live, with people following along with their own cards. But they work EVEN BETTER remotely. You'll see that these are not mere mathematical puzzles, but performance pieces with in-built humor and subtlety. They're so deceptive that you'll fool yourself as you do them. And since the magic is remote...they're entirely self-working. In all, you receive six effects in this download, each one performed and then explained for a "live" remote audience.

Here's what you'll learn:

Oil and Water (in the Spectators Hand) - This routine is SENSATIONAL and just as described. Despite being in different locations, you perform an ENTIRELY deceptive separation of the colors. Yours separate as do the spectator's cards.

Ritual Zoom - Despite choosing a card and a number and going through an extremely fair mixing procedure, Dani locates the spectator's card at their chosen number. The emphasis here is on the total freedom given during the mixing procedure.

Any Card Spelled - You can do this for any number of spectators in a zoom chat. They look at you onscreen as you spread through a deck of cards and think of one. One spectator is nominated and he or she MENTALLY spells their card as you deal through the cards one by one. The thought-of card ends up at the spelled position.

Mirror Ambitious - In this effect a spectator selects a card and mixes it into his own deck in the FAIREST POSSIBLE MANNER. Still, the spectator's card rises to the top.

Interactive Chaotic Coincidence - This is another trick designed to be performed for several spectators over zoom. Everyone follows along with a small packet and finds their own card, based on increasingly zany directions and choices.

Business Zoom Cards - This is one of Dani's most unusual creations. A card selected and lost into a spectator's pack. Dani removes a stack of business cards and each one has a message on the back that eventually leads the spectator their own card. Wow!

My Take:

All I've got to say is thank God for Zoom. So many friends have lost their entire income due to the pandemic. This offers them an opportunity to give virtual lectures or performances and recoup at least a little of that lost cash.

A few years ago, Tony Dunn returned from his annual pilgrimage to Fechter's absolutely raving about this magician he had seen, Dani DaOrtiz. Spain has been a breeding ground for great card magic for quite a while now and while each owes a big debt to Juan Tamariz, they all have created fantastic original magic so I really looked forward to watching this.

One thing I love about Dani is that it is so obvious that he gets great joy out of doing these tricks. On most any other magician, Dani's constant chuckles might prove to be annoying. On Dani, it only adds to his charm. His joy and enthusiasm are infectious.

The entire set is 90 minutes of gold. Of course some of the tricks are stronger than others but every one is easy to do and usable.

Let me tell about some that appealed to me.

Oil and Water (in the Spectator's hand). I have always been a big fan of the plot. (In fact I published a routine a few years ago.) But you don't touch the cards here. The entire routine is in the spectator's hands. Easy to do and packs a punch. I tried it last night online with a magic friend and he loved it. You will, too.

Business Zoom cards - Dani makes use of a version of Automatic Placement. Looks impossible but works each and every time. You make up a set of cards using your business cards. Your spectator follows your directions over Zoom and you use your business cards to prove that your prediction was right. I already have a set of business cards in my pocket.,

Any Card Spelled - In this one, you handle the cards but your spectator makes his decisions. Nice powerful piece.

According to the site, you need to use a program like Zoom or Skype for this to work. In watching the video, I realized that while these routines were designed for Zoom, they are capable of being done face to face in person. So, if you don't have access to Zoom, don't let that scare you off.

This is one the best times I have had watching a video in a long time. Dani's humor, enthusiasm and personality makes this a treat to watch. And I guarantee you will be using one or two of the routines right away. If you do virtual lectures or performances, these will kill your audience. I recommend this very highly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Connection - Dani DaOrtiz (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL