The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Mentalism Props one can display (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
In an essay in Mythology Codex, Phill Smith addresses the current interest in "propless" mentalism by making a strong case for props, especially classy props that people find interesting.

I am asking a question about props that you'd display in your study,, den, or man cave. What props do you use in your act that also make for a nice exhibit? I'm NOT asking forr the names of props that are marketed primarily for show, that one would not really perform much with, but about real performance props that also display nicely.

I currently feature only two in my man cave: the Mikame Craft Japanese Fortune Box and Larry Becker's Chameleon Box. What do some of you have on display?

George
Sh9bum9
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Sh9bum9
How about Die-Cipher 2.0 (Brass). I personally have it in steel, but I love brass!
Decisions determine destiny. Thomas S. Monson
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Luna Trilogy - Doesn't suit my character so I don't perform it, but it sits prominently on display in my study.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
My stuff is scattered all over my office but if any one ever comes in and picks up a die or a super chip, oh man!!
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
I have a few - but way up high, only I can reach -Misers Dream, Hippity Hops(special I made, Play Boy Bunnies)-large die box, rabbet in hat (puppet) - Mental Epic. Up Up on top of 3, High Book cases(of Magic Books),though Isolated & retired, don't get used much
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2020, George Hunter wrote:
In an essay in Mythology Codex, Phill Smith addresses the current interest in "propless" mentalism by making a strong case for props, especially classy props that people find interesting.

I am asking a question about props that you'd display in your study,, den, or man cave. What props do you use in your act that also make for a nice exhibit? I'm NOT asking for the names of props that are marketed primarily for show, that one would not really perform much with, but about real performance props that also display nicely.
George

Like a whiteboard and dry erase marker - or a binder clip?
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
martinsmagic
View Profile
New user
Spicewood, TX
61 Posts

Profile of martinsmagic
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2020, George Hunter wrote:
I am asking a question about props that you'd display in your study,, den, or man cave. What props do you use in your act that also make for a nice exhibit? I'm NOT asking forr the names of props that are marketed primarily for show, that one would not really perform much with, but about real performance props that also display nicely.

Hi George,

Here's a few that look cool and intriguing and are a joy to perform (I ignored any electronic effects that needed to be turned on, just items that could be sitting there inviting attention and you can just do them):

reVamped by Kent Bergmann
Deluxe Eye of The Idol by Eric Hansen
Pagoda Mystery by MagicCrafter
Dr. Q Spirit Hand by Thayer Quality Magic
The Chest of Destiny by Tabman

I'm sure there are others depending on the room and style of your office/den.

andy
Martin's Magic Collection
The Largest Online Collection of Rare, Vintage, and New Magic!
mikenewyork
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mikenewyork
The TCC magic wand and cup and balls look great!
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Just about anything by Alan Warner. My favorite to perform regularly is his ENIGMATIC.

Pre-virus, I was able to spark an inquiry by many unwary visitors because displayed on the wall leading to our Magic Room is an 8 X 10 of the Enigmatic props nestled amongst photographs and posters/flyers of some of our favorite performers. When someone says, "what is that?", I am off to the races!

Julie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Mentalism Props one can display (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL