The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Twenty one cent trick - additional ideas ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matt Morell
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, CT.
257 Posts

Profile of Matt Morell
Hello everyone ,

I was hoping to find out if anyone knew of other ideas or routines that could be implemented with the “ Twenty one cent trick “ other than the standard routine that comes
With the coins when you purchase them ?

I was trying to come up with a Mentalism type effect using the coins but haven’t Yet completed anything

Obviously, Same applies to the $ 1.35 trick

Any info would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks everyone !

Regards,
Matt
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Just an observation - it allows you to show one but on occasion you could display two others.
That makes predicting any of three, or an assembly effect using four different coins, less difficult. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Matt Morell
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, CT.
257 Posts

Profile of Matt Morell
Thank you for the reply and ideas Jonathan !

I wanted to use a Quiver wallet to help with a two way out prediction / Mentalism routine with the gimmicked coins

Briefly-

Coins would be held in your hand and spectator would name and eliminate the coins either one by one or By Having them pick Any three and eliminate the remaining coin ...
Then Choose two Out of the remaining three And eliminate one more ,then one Out of the remaining two Until the last coin remained which would Have to be the final nickel that housed the rest of the coins to match your prediction which is in the wallet

Obviously you would have to force the spectator to choose all the coins except for the last nickel

As spectator names One coin at a time to eliminate or the other idea I had that I mentioned above, then
you would reach into your semi-closed hand Which helps to hide everything and pretend to grab the selected
Coin or remaining coin and invisibly throw it into the air to make it vanish . All the while, you would just be nesting the coin
Into the tail side of the nickel shell until the last nickel is left which would house the other three

At the beginning of the routine since you apparently have two nickels along with a penny and dime, you would Also mention the date of the head side nickel and pretend to read the date of the tail side Shell ... but Instead make One up to hopefully make the effect a little stronger

If the spectator decided to eliminate one of the nickels during the routine then You would ask for which one of the dates you had read off the coins earlier and give them a choice

At the end of the effect , The Quiver wallet with written/ folded prediction inside would cover either one of the dates and predict the last nickel

My issue is trying to work out some of the Equivoque to prevent them from choosing BOTH nickels at the very beginning of the effect since I need the last coin to be the nickel

Hope all Of that is understandable And makes sense ?
Just trying to come up with another use or idea with the gimmick coins

Any thoughts anyone ??

Appreciate any input

Thank you !
Matt
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
The Twenty-One Cent Murder Mystery by Curtis Kam (in his book Professional Close-up of Curtis Kam). Great routine which I've used - plays very nice and is a lot of fun to do.
Matt Morell
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, CT.
257 Posts

Profile of Matt Morell
Thank you Doug !

I’ll look into that book and routine

Regards,
Matt
Matt Morell
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, CT.
257 Posts

Profile of Matt Morell
Hello again Doug

Sorry to ask but would you be able to give me an idea of what Curtis Kam’s actual routine is From his book that you mentioned ?

I cannot seem to Locate an actual effect breakdown anywhere

I Appreciate any help

Thanks again sir !

Matt
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
He lays out the coins in a handkerchief as characters in a murder mystery with the presentation ending not with a murder but a theft Smile
Matt Morell
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, CT.
257 Posts

Profile of Matt Morell
Oh, I see

Sounds interesting

Thanks you Doug for the reply and info

Regards,
Matt
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2020, doug brewer wrote:
He lays out the coins in a handkerchief as characters in a murder mystery with the presentation ending not with a murder but a theft Smile

Does this particular effect require advance coin handling skills?
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
It does not require advance skills - basically it's a very nice presentation draped over the effect. The coins are "nested" under cover of the hank as they are introduced in the story.

BTW, there are a lot of great routines in this book - it's kind of a sleeper. His Cannibal Cards (Kamnibal Cards, that is) is one of the best versions out there and is taught in this book.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I am Surprised No one Has said anything About The 3 Routines In Bobo's ! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Matt Morell
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, CT.
257 Posts

Profile of Matt Morell
Thanks David for the info !

I’ll Have look into that

Regards,
Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Twenty one cent trick - additional ideas ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL