The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pay Day by Thomas Sealey (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Welcome to the world's MOST VERSATILE money Change.

Just like any Pay Day, this is what you've been waiting for.

Look Familiar? Thomas Sealey has taken the classic effect ‘Extreme Burn’ and truly pushed it to the EXTREME. Some genius thinking and a brand new versatile gimmick with a self opening feature solves all the modern day problems with plastic money, transparent windows and different sizes that have had you pulling your hair out!

For the first time ever, you’re able to transform ANY currency into, well, practically ANY currency…. And, even change it back... instantly.

We’re talking:

Different Denominations
Different Sized Notes (changes up and down in size)
It works with Paper AND Polymer
…Even Notes With Transparent Windows
Paper, Newspaper Cuttings and Lottery Tickets etc

… But Pay Day is way more than just a revolutionary bill/paper to bill change.

You’re now able to transform GENUINE snack packets into ANY money you desire - the ultimate party trick. Before the magic happens you’re free to eat from the packets and share the treats with spectators. As a bonus, you can even reach in to the empty packet and pull money out as a teaser before making the jaw-dropping final change.

The Pay Day principle uses brand new non-weighted gimmickry that makes performing the changes super easy and visual - and a self opening mechanism lets you flash the cash in true style.

You’ll receive all the gimmicks you need to make not one but TWO amazing Pay Day effects of your choice - all you need to do is supply your own money and/or snack packets.

Make Every Day A Pay Day!

Available to order now with free worldwide shipping. www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/......s-sealey
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
This looks really awkward to handle imo.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Totally agree the handling in extreme burn looks so much cleaner than this very contrived handling imho .
Plus you can use Polymer notes with extreme burn with absolutely no problems at all , so I only see negatives in comparison with this Gaz 🙂
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Talk about a step backwards. That was the most unconvincing crisp packet I’ve ever seen.
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
The classic effect is Easy Money/ Flash Cash by Pat Page/ Fred Kaps. Extreme Burn came much later and didn't add as much as people think. It isn't that hard to get simple crediting right.

Whats the connection between 'snack packets' and '£20 notes? Is it me or does this not make sense?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Harry I’m an old enough to know and have the Pat Page effect from 30 plus years ago . Extreme burn added loads to this and I knew Pat Page well enough and know for a fact that he even saw EB as a massive improvement and approved of it . It’s a simple as that ask his Daughter if you doubt me Gaz 🙂
CopperChopCup
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of CopperChopCup
Who shows an empty chip packet like that?
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Harry I’m an old enough to know and have the Pat Page effect from 30 plus years ago . Extreme burn added loads to this and I knew Pat Page well enough and know for a fact that he even saw EB as a massive improvement and approved of it . It’s a simple as that ask his Daughter if you doubt me Gaz 🙂

No doubt.
I've met Pat's daughter an brother in law a few times. Perhaps I should have said, it didn't add much in my opinion. I still use it.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Just to answer the questions and comments.

The handling is not going to look like Extreme Burn because this is not Extreme Burn and does not handle the same way due to the difference in the gimmick, but it still needs like Extreme Burn to be folded and a get ready done before the change so they are similar in that respect.

The trailer shows you everything not just the change so is fully transparent and honest, the handling which is easy really does fly in performance no body ever comments. Having done Extreme Burn myself for years I was very excited to finally be able to use UK money and increase it in value instead of lottery tickets etc.

Yes Extreme burn can use polymer bills but it can't change a smaller £10 note into a larger £20 for example. With Pay Day small size bills can change into larger ones and back again and it is compatible with bills with large clear windows.

The crisp / snack pack was displayed that way just for camera to show you can show both sides and show it empty, it is product trailer showing what it does and what is possible to show. In actual performance the bag could be full and you could offer it around normally for people to take out sweets etc before removing money from the now empty bag and then transforming it into individual bills.

The comment on the packet being unconvincing, they are just normal packets 100% genuine so it will be very convincing.

Changing a packet into money is a recognised plot in magic it has been done a few times with one bill sized packet changing into one bill, now you can have one larger than the bill packet change into multiple bills.

Pay Day really does offer something new here, the main thing is changing bills or items of differing sizes, this has not been possible before in a multiple bill change where you can show all 4 bills separately.

I hope that helped and answered the questions.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
WOW, this looks fantastic plus adding the demension of the snack packet transformation! Not being weighted as with previous versions is certainly a bonus.

SURVEY SAYS- SOLD!
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of leosx1
Looks great, and the ability to handle different sizes of bills forth and back sold me on this.
jaykelly7
View Profile
New user
UK
12 Posts

Profile of jaykelly7
As far as I'm aware, for us UK folk, we can't use EB anymore due to our plastic currency and transparent windows. This looks to be one of the only alternatives for a multi-bill change effect using UK currency. Wall St by Julio Montero can work and is a good effect too but is a singular bill change. So unless I've missed something, this is the only option for us and hence the "fiddly" handling being spoke about you gotta accept if you wanna use this. It clearly works and flies like Mark says because the trailer was shot at Southend on Sea to British punters who I can assure you do not overreact and are more than happy to embarass and call out the magician haha Smile Smile
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Alan Rorrison has been using the plastic notes with EB and has no issues.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I use plastic notes all the time in UK with EB it’s simple . You just run a craft knife lightly once across the middle and they fold superbly and don’t tear through .
If you want to reinforce them ( I do ) or you accidentally go through them with the knife you just put scotch invisible tape along the crease . This tape would be on the inside crease only in the folded position . It’s completely invisible and you can still use them to spend as A) its invisible and B) it’s legal tender .
The windows don’t come into play at all as they at the non receipt end and infact enhance the effect .
You won’t beat EB and plastic notes are actually a plus for it once you know how to construct it as above .
I hope this helps , best wishes Gaz 😊
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Hi Gaz and Reignofsound

Yes Extreme Burn will work with Polymer bills but you can't change a small £10 into a larger size £20 that is the difference here Pay Day can.

With Pay Day you can change smaller sized bills to larger for example £5 - £10, £10 - £20, 10 Euro - 20 Euro, you can't with Extreme Burn because they are different sizes.

In the UK or other countries with differing size currency the only way to use Extreme Burn has been to replace the starting bill with a receipt, lottery ticket etc cut to the correct size of the final bills, but now with Pay Day you can do it with real cash at the start and end increasing the value and size.

You also have the added bonus of being able to do the packet changes which are really amazing not even being money to start with.

Pay Day also comes complete with 2 sets of gimmicks so you can make 2 variations of your choice. I personally have a £10 - £20 and a Jelly Tots sweet / candy packet that changes into 4 £5 notes / bills.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion sorry if we did not make this clear enough, this is not changing bills / things of the same size like in Extreme Burn, even though it is capable of doing so which is why it is so versatile.

EZrhythm, leosx1 and jaykelly7 thanks for your kind comments, you will find Pay Day a big step forward in the bill change for those that wish to change the size and value of the bills.

Order your Pay Day here, available only from Saturn Magic www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/......s-sealey
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
In all honesty though as a worker would you substitute Extreme burn 2 ie locked and loaded with it ?
I wouldn’t as EB2 is probably one of the greatest effects of the last decade or more for the close up performer imho Gaz 🙂
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
In all honesty though as a worker would you substitute Extreme burn 2 ie locked and loaded with it ?
I wouldn’t as EB2 is probably one of the greatest effects of the last decade or more for the close up performer imho Gaz 🙂

I have as I wanted the change up in size and value because I can't do that with Extreme Burn.

Pay Day has now replaced my Extreme Burn.

I can understand when you have done something for years it's hard to change or even want to change but this is better for the reasons stated.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
The handling looks awkward and contrived imho . There is no need to change the size of notes ( spectators won’t care ) don’t change something if it’s not broke just change your audience or the many other combinations of changes you can do with extreme burn Gaz 🙂
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
It isn't about the audience caring it is the plot that the performer desires to achieve. I would rather change non money into money and use the extra gimmick to change money into larger money or in to a different non money item. AND no more weighted gimmick!
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
The handling looks awkward and contrived imho . There is no need to change the size of notes ( spectators won’t care ) don’t change something if it’s not broke just change your audience or the many other combinations of changes you can do with extreme burn Gaz 🙂

The handling is very straight forward. Extreme Burn I remember thinking it was awkward you display, fold, get ready, do the the change and display., Pay Day is very similar.

The handling is not awkward it is just a bit different to what you are use to and it is really of no consequence when the spectator recalls the effect afterwards they will say £10 ‘s changed into £20’s not comment the handling was not like the guy that did shop receipts to money. I’m not saying Extreme Burn is bad it is not I’ve done it for years but Pay Day opens up new options not possible with Extreme Burn.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pay Day by Thomas Sealey (43 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL