The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pay Day by Thomas Sealey (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thank you Harry for confirming , Steve Rowe made my initial one and also told me the how . I still get some made by him when he has the time as he is a brilliant creator , magician and gimmick maker .
Trust me if they are good enough for him they are good enough for everyone . They are way better in polymer and I am now glad we have gone to plastic notes after an initial worry it wouldn’t be possible . Best wishes Gaz 🙂
LankyHobo
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
Not being able to change different size notes with EB was always something I never liked. Used to wish UK money was like dollars in that regard because I just wasn't a fan of blank paper to money changes. Certainly not magazine clippings! Always seemed weird to open a wallet and "so I have these pieces of magazines that I've cut out and carry with me...." So Pay Day certainly seems pretty cool in that respect.

Is the gimmick construction pretty easy? Can a £5 change to a £20? Thanks.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2020, LankyHobo wrote:
Not being able to change different size notes with EB was always something I never liked. Used to wish UK money was like dollars in that regard because I just wasn't a fan of blank paper to money changes. Certainly not magazine clippings! Always seemed weird to open a wallet and "so I have these pieces of magazines that I've cut out and carry with me...." So Pay Day certainly seems pretty cool in that respect.

Is the gimmick construction pretty easy? Can a £5 change to a £20? Thanks.

That is exactly why this was created, it solves all those issues.

With UK money to UK money you can do £5 - £10 or £10 - £20

Construction of the currency change is similar to Extreme Burn but not as hard due to not having to cut down all the papers, lottery tickets etc to the correct size.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
LankyHobo
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
Ok, cool, sounds good. Thanks very much.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
That’s exactly why I didn’t like it in US dollars because they are all the same size and colour . The whole thing is about the eye candy of the visual colour change and that’s why EB for other countries than the US played 10x better imo . There is no way a layman will say that receipt isn’t the exact size as the one I got with my pizza express last week . It’s nonsense to think otherwise . There are loads of great combinations of colours of notes of very similar size to the UK . The fact you say you have just got back from wherever but the problem is it’s a bit of a chore to go to the travel agents to change them back up , then boom you have £100 in £20’s is a fantastic effect . Some of you guys obviously don’t perform in the real world enough and worry what your Uncle Bob might think after his 10th viewing of your same tricks . Truly laughable imo Gaz 🙂
LankyHobo
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
You’re saying my personal opinion and preference is laughable?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I am if you wish UK notes were like dollars ie all the same size and colour , it massively diminishes the effect as there is no visual eye candy Gaz 🙂
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
You are not the only one though , also those who think trimming a pizza express receipt down 2mm because their audience will notice are laughable as well imo . You are not on your own Gaz 🙂
LankyHobo
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
I said I wished they were like dollars because of not being the same size, which meant you couldn't change uk money to uk money. This is something I wanted to do. How is that laughable? It's a personal preference!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Ok fair enough I apologise I thought you wished UK notes were like dollars ie all the same colour and size . I now think you are saying you wish all UK notes are all different colours but the exact same size . That’s not laughable that’s a wonderful idea and that would be perfection . Great thinking I didn’t read it like that at first so my apologies Gaz 🙂
Thomas Sealey
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
17 Posts

Profile of Thomas Sealey
Hello Everyone. Firstly I'd like to thank you all for taking an interest in Pay Day. What's very clear reading through this thread is the immense passion that you all have and I feel very humbled that you've all taken the time to post and discuss what you love and hate about money-change tricks. I want to thank you all.
Please allow me to tell you a bit about myself - I'm a dentist in Essex, UK and I got into magic with the thumb tip when I was about 15. I always wanted to impress my friends with impromptu tricks during a night out with the lads, at the bar etc, and I came across some money-change tricks a few years ago and purchased some of the favourites at the time which all were AMAZING in their own rights - but they each had some limitations which made them individually not as ideal as I wanted.
From a very selfish point-of-view, I started experimenting with note changes to try and develop a change that fitted into the routine which was EXACTLY as I wanted: 1) to be able to show both sides of the notes before AND after the change, 2) to use UK pound sterling notes ie. change from a smaller note to the larger sized and higher value note - UK notes are larger in both width AND length as they go up in value, 3) to have a clean entry and exit so that the trick was natural and impromptu, i.e. could just be pulled from my wallet and done at a bar without any set-up. 4) for the majority of the notes I was using to be examinable both before AND after the change.
So I spent a lot of time playing with notes until finally I stumbled on a new way of changing a single smaller note into a single larger note. With more R&D I evolved this to allow me to change four UK £10's into four UK £20's. This change was different to anything else out there and allowed me to meet the above 4 criteria. Finally I had a way of changing up both in length AND in width of my notes, which also worked well with our UK plastic notes and didn't obscure the transparent windows. I practised handling and evolved it until it was as natural and as best as I could do -and I'm no smooth operator by any means. I then realised that the same method/gimmick could be used for notes from other countries too.
Four 10 Euro notes to four 20 Euro notes was the next change I developed and I was again able to go up in both size and in value; like the UK , the Euros are larger in length and in width as you go up in value. After looking into it further I found that this gimmick also allowed almost unlimited potential to change notes of different lengths (as long as their widths are the same) like Australian Dollars, Swedish Korona, Canadian Dollars etc, as well as certain combinations of notes changes like UK & Euro where the notes differ in both length and width. Additionally it works for different currency changes - like the Mexican Peso to US Dollar change which is so super visual as the 50 Peso notes are tiny and bright pink, then change into US Dollars which are about a third longer in length - it looks super cool .
I then adapted the gimmick further, allowing changes of real crisp packets, sweet packets, take-away menus, leaflets etc all into money notes. The technique/gimmick really has endless possibilities and complete customisation once you are aware of the criteria for choosing the media you are planning to change from and what notes you are planning to change to. When I showed Mark from Saturn he said he'd never seen a more versatile gimmick with the potential for so many options.
I read that some of the comments felt the handling was awkward - I must apologise for this - I'm a dentist - I tried my very best to be natural in the trailer but I'm much more used to working inside the mouth than presenting to an audience - but I plan to film some alternative change options to demo to you all some different presentations of the change. I'll upload them when I have those filmed. What I love so much is the ability to make someone's jaw drop when you perform the seemingly impossible. Even though my trailer may not fool some of you seasoned pros, I hope it shows that even someone who is not a magician by profession can still perform a trick that has their audience speechless. It's a great feeling.
I just want to say that I hope that any of you who do purchase Pay Day will really enjoy it and I'll do my very best to offer any assistance or guidance if you have any questions. Thank you again for the platform and opportunity. Kind regards. Tom
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Thanks Thomas - it's very helpful to hear the 'back story', what motivated the creator and their explorations to find a solution to satisfy the constraints they are working in.

Looks like a great solution to provide a very visual effect.

(I'm also in the UK)
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Pad Day is now shipping worldwide.

If you want to see my handling which has a more hidden get ready go to the Saturn Magic Facebook or Youtube Channels and you will see me do both the money and packet changes that I performed on last nights Live Stream.

Here is the Youtube link https://youtu.be/im4Z4InkHlY I start talking about Pay day at 10 minutes.

Here is the trailer

You can pick up the worlds most versatile money change here www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/......s-sealey
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2020, Saturn UK wrote:

If you want to see my handling which has a more hidden get ready go to the Saturn Magic Facebook or Youtube Channels and you will see me do both the money and packet changes that I performed on last nights Live Stream.

Here is the Youtube link https://youtu.be/im4Z4InkHlY I start talking about Pay day at 10 minutes.

Here is the trailer

You can pick up the worlds most versatile money change here www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/......s-sealey

Thanks Mark!
Could you tell us what denomination conversions are possible in euro?
Eur 5 can become 10 only or also other amounts?
Thx
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2020, Sophocles wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2020, Saturn UK wrote:

Here is the trailer

Thanks Mark!
Could you tell us what denomination conversions are possible in euro?
Eur 5 can become 10 only or also other amounts?
Thx

Hi
In Euros you can do 10-20 or 50-200 with no trimming.
You can see the 10-20 towards the end of the trailer.

For 5-10 Euro you would need to trim the 10 down 1.5mm each end.
You can also do 20-50 if you trim the 20 1mm along each long edge.

The ones requiring no trimming are the easiest to construct for that reason but the others don’t require much alteration if they are what you would like to do.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
For the first time ever, you’re able to transform ANY currency into, well, practically ANY currency…. And, even change it back... instantly.

As long as you trim the ones you want to really change it into first ?
Talk about irony 🤷‍♂️ Gaz 🙂
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
For the first time ever, you’re able to transform ANY currency into, well, practically ANY currency…. And, even change it back... instantly.

As long as you trim the ones you want to really change it into first ?
Talk about irony 🤷‍♂️ Gaz 🙂

They are still different sizes in width and length and you need to read, we did not say every denomination combination is possible but you can see in the Euro example there are various options to trim or not to trim and by your own admission 1mm or so off will never be noticed if that is the change you want.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Exactly but you were making out it was the emperors new clothes and that’s rubbish . There are loads of notes from around the world that match closely to UK notes so talk about the pot calling the kettle black .
It was Etienne Pradier and Paul Martin who both showed me loads of notes that have fantastic changes for UK notes with either none or minimal trimming . If you doubt them guys you are doubting 2 of the finest close up magicians around period Gaz 🙂
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Exactly but you were making out it was the emperors new clothes and that’s rubbish . There are loads of notes from around the world that match closely to UK notes so talk about the pot calling the kettle black .
It was Etienne Pradier and Paul Martin who both showed me loads of notes that have fantastic changes for UK notes with either none or minimal trimming . If you doubt them guys you are doubting 2 of the finest close up magicians around period Gaz 🙂

You are missing the point , even with the 1mm trim the 5-10 change in Euro bills in question here are still not compatible with Extreme Burn and as I pointed out not all combinations need trimming.

I could have just said yes 5-10 will work and left it at that because it will, but I believe in being transparent and honest.

Pay Day is the Emperor’s new clothes in respect of changes for bills of different sizes, I think I did mention that before.

If you know Extreme Burn the bills and items they change from have to be the same size with Pay Day they can be different sizes.

Two great examples are a £10 - £20 and 10 Euro to 20 Euro changes, Pay Day is also great for bills of the same width and different lengths.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
Thanks Mark!
How about USD to EURO or GBP to EURO ?
What would work without trimming?
Considering you get 2 gimmicks this looks good value vs EB.
Do we need r****r c****t to construct? (Or is everything needed in the package)

Thank you,
Sophocles
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pay Day by Thomas Sealey (43 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL