The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Cleaning coppers the easy way (during dinner) :) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Frog Prince
View Profile
New user
Japan/Tokyo
70 Posts

Profile of Frog Prince
Try Tabasco. It works!
Croak..Croak.. Smile
joeybaron
View Profile
Regular user
dallas,texas
101 Posts

Profile of joeybaron
I find shiny clean coppers look great by themselves,but when used with silver, there is not enough contrast between copper and silver.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1769 Posts

Profile of SIX
I found another way if your to young like me to buy red wine use red wine vinerger it works great just let it sit for 15-30 min.
siborgotron
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of siborgotron
Try cleaning some spilled red wine with a coin,makes a whole heap of a bigger stain but the magician is a happy man.
Sirakor
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Sirakor
Great idea, but make sure you have means of either vanishing yourself or the lady after she realizes that her dress has been ruined for good. Come to think of it you could vanish the dress so the dilemma is gone, but I'm not sure if that'll improve your situation.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2004-06-17 14:00, SIX wrote:
I found another way if your to young like me to buy red wine use red wine vinerger it works great just let it sit for 15-30 min.

You don't need to wait that long, as I said before, cleaning the coins with lemon and salt works in like 30 seconds. And they stay clean for a while. Try it out.
emptycupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of emptycupmagic
I agree with joeybaron. I never understood why someone would want to "shiny up" his/her copper coins. Unless spectators are really close, the contrast isn't enough to distinguish the copper from the silver.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Not all of us do copper/silver transpositions all of the time. I have a set of 5 ultra-shiny pennies, these I use for a lot of my coin magic. If I want to do transpositions I use an old set of coins.
I use good old brasso, but have used these other methods when in a pinch.
The salt and lemon is the best method for an impromptu shine (if you are working a place with a bar that is). easy to aquire and fast to do.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Cleaning coppers the easy way (during dinner) :) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL