The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A Short Publishing History About A Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
358 Posts

Profile of TEB3
In October of 1981, I was invited to perform a short, full light Séance called The Gathering in London. A good number of people present inquired if this would ever be published. During next year I was again encouraged to begin releasing a series of booklets and manuscripts for performers who wanted to specialize in a different genre of entertainment. Today this style of Magick is called many names with adjectives such as Spooky, Spirit, and Ghostly. No matter the name, this is all motivated because audiences enjoy something scary.

By 1988 a different larger work appeared. I titled it “The Big Book of BOO!” This was a compilation of works specifically contributed by several well-known performers. This small comb-bound book of thirty-eight pages sold out numerous print runs until it suddenly had created a life of its own.

Finally in 2006, I decided to combine all of the smaller manuscripts plus notes I called a “notebook” with “The Big Book of BOO!” into what is now known as “The Bigger Book of BOO!” This one book has now been in continuous publication and selling since 2007. Modestly, it has become known as a standard source for any mystery performer. It’s because everything really does work and audiences are entertained.

This year, 2020, I decided it was time to change printers for all of the books I had authored over the past forty years. Obviously it was an ideal time to do a Second Edition of “The Bigger Book of BOO!” After six months it has corrections of old typos, an easier to read font for the type and format, as well as updates to note changes in technology that cause certain effects to work. Even some color graphics have been added. Also the quality of the paper and cover is higher quality yet the price has not been raised.

As to how you know you have the new edition is very simple. It has 2nd Edition in white type across the upper right corner of the cover! Also it will no longer be available from Lulu. The new online source is:

https://wackadu.com/product/booLKuehn-

Copies may also be ordered from my exclusive retail distributor, Stevens Magic in Wichita, Kansas.

So, treat yourself to a Happy Halloween! with “The Bigger Book of BOO!” 2nd Edition.

I will also post notifications as I migrate my other books to this new site over the coming months.

Click here to view attached image.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A Short Publishing History About A Book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL