The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Positive / Negative (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MariusHaugan
View Profile
New user
Norway
91 Posts

Profile of MariusHaugan
Hi, I just recently bought the Max Maven Videomind Vol.2 DVD. I LOVE the trick called Positive/Negative, but the thing is, I'm not so sure about the "magician's choice" part of the trick.

Reason being, Max Maven does not teach it on the DVD. He just refers to his previous DVD in the series, Volume 1.

Could someone be so kind, as to just guide me to the different settings and outs that can occur during the trick (you know, when the spectator chooses between the three imaginary coins), so that I don't have to purchase another DVD just to be able to fully perform this marble of a trick?

(In a private PM, of course.)

BEST regards,

Marius Haugan.
"There is no branch of conjuring that so fully repays the amateur for his labor and study as sleight-of-hand with cards."
S.W Erdnase
DangerMouse
View Profile
Special user
LONDON CITY
509 Posts

Profile of DangerMouse
Max does indeed mention the complete workings of this effect on his DVD. As far as I am aware he doesn't refer to any other DVD on any DVD. The whole routine is explained in full on DVD 2.

I think you may be fishing for something here.
Cheese is nothing but thick milk.
RLFrame
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of RLFrame
Mr. Haugan,

I am sure that someone will PM you. The reason that Maven doesn't discuss it in Vol 2 is because he covered it in Vol. 1 in the 'book test,' and did not wish to be too repetitous.

Cordially.
MariusHaugan
View Profile
New user
Norway
91 Posts

Profile of MariusHaugan
DangerMouse,

No reason to accuse me of anything here. I do not need to fish.

RLFrame: Yeah, that was what I suspected.

And to further simplify my question, so there won't be any more misunderstandings...

Could someone please explain to me the best way to do a magician's choice with those three coins? (Since Max doesn't explain it in his Videomind Vol.2 DVD.)

Thanks.

-Marius Haugan.
"There is no branch of conjuring that so fully repays the amateur for his labor and study as sleight-of-hand with cards."
S.W Erdnase
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
LOL! A dilemma of magician's choice with three objects!

Wow, there certainly are a lot of "magician's" in the world today, aren't there?

My advice is to start by practicing with one coin only, and force the one coin only.
Then when you can "choice" force that "one" coin, add a second coin, and repeat the above, until you have mastered forcing the desired coin, then add a third, etc., etc.
In no time at all (and with a little practice), you should be able to enviably force one item out of 5,678,987.0001 items.

Good luck, and CHEERS!
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
J.Warrens,

Well, it's probably difficult to force one or two coins, when he doesn't understand the mechanics of the force. You have probably been new to magic yourself some time, and needed help. Did that make you less of a magician today, or did it only show that you too had to start somewhere?

lamer...
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
Greg Owen
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of Greg Owen
Marius,

Positive/negative - both the first part and the second part - has been discussed at length here on the Café. As you have more than 50 posts, you should have access to the Inner Thoughts forum. Smile

Do a search for Positive/Negative (or one word or the other...I'm not sure what will work best with the search engine), and your answer - with variations - awaits.

And the DVD is fabulous, yes? You may want Video 1. I think it's the best of the series. Smile

- Greg Owen
Author of The Alpha Stack ebook - the balanced memorized stack
gobeatty@yahoo.com
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
Greetings.

It was only commented upon in jest. No discrimination was actually intended, but if you think about it, it's not really that far from the mark (procedure).

Cheers,

J.Warrens
MariusHaugan
View Profile
New user
Norway
91 Posts

Profile of MariusHaugan
I think you misunderstood me.

I did not ask "HOW" to do an equivoque (spelling?), but what you guys found best. As you know Warrens, the "magicians choice" exists in both forms. Good and bad.

I was simply trying to find "the best way".

Oh and, Greg. Yeah, the DVD is incredible. I have already ordered Vol.1. Smile Goldstein rules!
S.W Erdnase
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Marius is right. MM does not discuss the equivoque on that DVD.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Positive / Negative (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL