The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Luke Jermay, 28th June (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
seanadl
View Profile
New user
London UK
100 Posts

Profile of seanadl
I wasn't sure who from the Café was there, although I did recognise a couple of faces.
I was impressed by the show. However I thought the compere was a "little" out of place!

One of my friends, I think, didn't quite follow the instructions when on stage and told to feel for Luke's pulse, but Luke still managed to turn it around in time and made it a really entertaining piece.

Who was Dizzy?
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
I was the one who got confused and is still confused with the objects. I must have had a different view from everyone else. I couldn't stand up to see if the notes were covering the objects.

Dizzy
mag1c kev1n
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of mag1c kev1n
What were you confused about, Dizzy?. From my point of view the objects were not obscured by the papers. Making things invisible is very cool, though. I wish I could do it with my in-tray at work. LOL!
seanadl
View Profile
New user
London UK
100 Posts

Profile of seanadl
Oh, were you the one who got freaked out by your palm? Excellent stuff!
Dr Omni
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of Dr Omni
I was not too happy about the fact that the show on Monday, 28th June, was promoted with a different title and the claim that it would contain "darker material". This clearly implied that it was a different show from the one which had ben performed earlier.

However, it was virtually identical in every respect to the previous run. The same warm-up magician, with the same routine, and almost entirely the same effects from Luke, with only two changes - the knife effect at the start and the "negative hallucination" effect in which (it seemed that) the volunteer could not see objects on the floor marked with a red piece of paper. The knife effect was nothing special, and although the "negative hallucination" effect was pretty good, it was a bit much to take £15 off people for a second helping of what was virtually the same show as before.
Hypnotist and mentalist.
Websites: www.corporatemedservices.co.uk
www.doctoromni.com
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
Admittedly, I did expect the magic to be a little darker.
seanadl
View Profile
New user
London UK
100 Posts

Profile of seanadl
I did feel it was a dark performance, but can fully understand why you may be annoyed at having seen the same thing twice! Having said that, I would be sad enough to see the same thing twice anyway!

So, am I right? Were you the person who I thought was Dizzy? If so, your reactions were great.
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
I was the one who freaked out at the palm effect. I probably came across as really stupid, because Luke kept asking me questions, and I was concentrating so hard on my hand that the other part of my head wasn't working. I found it hard to explain. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, and telling the audience made it even more bizzarre. "Yes! the lines on my hand did just move to one side".

It was freaky. I don't often look at my palm, but it felt like it wasn't real. I wanted to just sit there and stare. My eyes knew what they were seeing, but my head kept telling me that it wasn't real. I could have done the whole thing in silence but saying what was happening made it less real, like I didn't have time to process what was happening properly.
DangerMouse
View Profile
Special user
LONDON CITY
509 Posts

Profile of DangerMouse
So Seanadl, you were the one who was with the girl in Bunny Rabbit ears, and Dr. Omni was in a suit sitting to the left of the stage.
Cheese is nothing but thick milk.
seanadl
View Profile
New user
London UK
100 Posts

Profile of seanadl
That's correct. I'm quite annoyed she gave the bunny ears back. I would have liked them. So who were you?
DangerMouse
View Profile
Special user
LONDON CITY
509 Posts

Profile of DangerMouse
Your the mentalist you tell me. You see I was looking out for members of the Café. I was with Vision.
Cheese is nothing but thick milk.
seanadl
View Profile
New user
London UK
100 Posts

Profile of seanadl
My powers of observation failed me. I think the clown noses and droopy eyes from the first act really distracted me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Luke Jermay, 28th June (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL