The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Stereoscopic magic (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TysonAnd
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of TysonAnd
I apologize for my first post here, so if I am making a mis-step here please let me know.
This seems like the forum for it so I will ask.
Is anyone familiar with any routines or tricks that incorporate the old card-type stereoscopes. Not the wheel and film variety.
I have an idea for a routine id like to incorporate into a seance but I first wanted to see if there was anything anyone was aware of first.
If there is anything yall are familiar with I would love to hear about it.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5359 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I'm not aware of any routines using a stereoscopic viewer, but I love the notion.

The duel nature of the cards alone bring up some interesting food for thought ... double photographs ... two personalities ... coming together to form a unique image. What if the person the viewer sees is not simply a 3-dimensional version of the photograph, but something completely different? Not even overtly different, just subtly. Or some things in each of the photographs form a new object when overlapped? Two separate branches in a tree over a subject's head form a cross when seen through the scope?

Now I'm seeing double.

Great idea TysonAnd!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
443 Posts

Profile of scolman
Dr Todd Landman has a superb routine using a stereoscope and the Rorschach cards. He did a lecture on the subject on Facebook on Luca Volpe’s Mentalism Productions group a few months ago. He visits the Café regularly, perhaps you could PM him?
Simon
TysonAnd
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of TysonAnd
Thanks Scolman, that's a wonderful idea
I wrote him something.

Wizard of Oz - I have something of the theory and had planned to incorporate something to that effect. If you are interested in working on something together please let me know. I am not a performer, but I love the theatricality and the effects and the story telling, and so I think I should very much like to design some fun effects for others. Please let me know. I'll PM you too Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Stereoscopic magic (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL