We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Ways to ring in a Stacked Deck? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pulpscrypt
View Profile
Regular user
The Shadows
136 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
So I've got a great effect that requires playing at least one round with a clean deck.

The second phase requires using a stack.

Aside from doing it "when nobody is looking," does anyone have any tips that might make bringing in a stacked deck easier/better?

Thanks.
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1115 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Roberto Giobbi wrote a whole book just for you ...

It's called "The Art of Switching Decks".

Mark
stickmondoo
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
My Fav’s from The Charlatans Handbook, and Simon Aronsons Shuffle tracking. Both very subtle.
Michael L
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Michael L
Do you really need a whole clean deck, or do you need an undisturbed slug of cards?
Even a 5-player, 5-card poker deal can be done cleanly (using 25 cards), and leaving you the bottom 27 for the next round.
Or, one thing I do in a gambling demonstration is to make the first round "clean" (in this case, discards from a second and bottom deal demo, and a 4-handed poker round), and collect the cards in such a way that they create my stack for the second effect. So the deck starts stacked and I perform specific actions and collect the cards so that when I'm done the deck is in a new stack, one I can use for a second effect.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5020 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I use Simon Aronsons wonderful effect: Shuffle Tracking to bring in a stacked.
Very easy to do routine.
I have done this routine 100s of times and it serves me well everytime.

You can find this particular effect on this DVD:

http://simonaronson.com/volume3.html
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4000 Posts

Profile of JanForster
You find his "Shuffle Tracking" also in his book "Art Decko" (2014, page 225 ff.). And don't oversee his "Bait and Switch" in his book "The Aronson Approach" (1990, page 85 ff.). Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Regular user
The Shadows
136 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Thanks all for the response.
Fredzik
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Fredzik
Here are a few more ones.
There are several ways to stack on the fly a shuffled deck through routines.
A famous one from Tamariz is Memory Jumble, a very untertaining routine to stack half a deck
and you need to complement it with a second phase. It can be of Shuffled Bored type or from Matt Backer, Elementary Dear Vernon.
But my favourite now is from Patrick Redford. It is a technique which allows to stack on the fly any shuffled deck
and I adapted it to a two phase Memory Demonstration which is very convincing and efficient. I really love this way now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Ways to ring in a Stacked Deck? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL