The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Bend by James Kellogg Jr. (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
James Kellogg III
View Profile
New user
San Diego
94 Posts

Profile of James Kellogg III
Hi Café members!

We are proud to finally release our effect called The Bend!

The Bend is the simplest key bend you will ever perform. James Kellogg Jr. has created a new key bend. The Bend is an effect that is completely under your control. This unique method requires no need to worry about temperature control to bend the key. The magician shows a straight key and without any sleight of hand, you instantly bend a key. It is that simple.

Supplied with The Bend:
• Online Instructions
• 20 gimmicked Keys
• 6 Ungimmicked Keys

Feel free to ask any questions! Would love to answer anything!

James
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3868 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Hi. My question is after using the 20 gimmicked keys, could a proficient DIY person make their own refills? I am not a professional magician, but I perform quite a bit, all charity. I'd be happy to buy it the first time, but I can't justify spending the big bucks every time I run out of gimmicks.
KJ
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3473 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Why 6 ungimmicked keys?
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1428 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
The keys are well made, high quality and easy to bend. James also included 6 regular keys you can hand out for examination.

Unfortunately the ad copy really needs adjusting to be more accurate and deliver on expectations.

MoM have rewritten it here

https://www.magicshop-deals.com/products/bend-james-kellogg

Hope this helps
Dominic
maklakmak
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of maklakmak
I have a bunch of PropDog 'Easybend' keys, which seem to be the same thing, at a fraction of the price! They also look more like the door keys we use in the UK. I'd be interested to know if there is any difference in the effect.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1428 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
HI maklakmak

There is no effect taught. You just get the keys and a very short video showing you how easy they are to bend, and that you get 20 gimmicked and 6 regular keys.
There's no new routine, presentation, or technique included.

Having said that I've complained about it so hopefully they may reshoot the video to include something new.

Hope this helps
Dominic
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8824 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2020, maklakmak wrote:
I have a bunch of PropDog 'Easybend' keys, which seem to be the same thing, at a fraction of the price! They also look more like the door keys we use in the UK. I'd be interested to know if there is any difference in the effect.

Probably not.
James Kellogg III
View Profile
New user
San Diego
94 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 9, 2020, maklakmak wrote:

Hi maklakmak,
I have not felt or used the Easybend keys by Propdog, but by the looks of there ad video it seems like they might be slightly difficult to bend (although still doable). Just as a reference to how easy our keys bend my 2 year old son can bend these. We give ungimmicked 'hard keys' to be examined when switched out.

Cheers,
James
James Kellogg III
View Profile
New user
San Diego
94 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 9, 2020, Dominic Reyes wrote:
The keys are well made, high quality and easy to bend. James also included 6 regular keys you can hand out for examination.

Unfortunately the ad copy really needs adjusting to be more accurate and deliver on expectations.

MoM have rewritten it here

https://www.magicshop-deals.com/products/bend-james-kellogg

Hope this helps
Dominic

Thanks Dominic, I think dealers might still have the first ad copy before we revised it. Very similar to what you wrote, thank you for adjusting. We understood that the previous description could come off misleading and have changed since then. Your description is correct.

Cheers,
James
James Kellogg III
View Profile
New user
San Diego
94 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 9, 2020, 1KJ wrote:
Hi. My question is after using the 20 gimmicked keys, could a proficient DIY person make their own refills? I am not a professional magician, but I perform quite a bit, all charity. I'd be happy to buy it the first time, but I can't justify spending the big bucks every time I run out of gimmicks.
KJ

Unfortunately not, there are 3 processes for these keys and can only be accomplished in large bulk.
James Kellogg III
View Profile
New user
San Diego
94 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 9, 2020, Dominic Reyes wrote:
HI maklakmak

There is no effect taught. You just get the keys and a very short video showing you how easy they are to bend, and that you get 20 gimmicked and 6 regular keys.
There's no new routine, presentation, or technique included.

Having said that I've complained about it so hopefully they may reshoot the video to include something new.

Hope this helps
Dominic

We can definitely work on that! This is the first we have heard of this.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4088 Posts

Profile of emyers99
$75 and no routines taught?! Yikes. Just buy Key Accessory. Real keys. Solid routine.
James Kellogg III
View Profile
New user
San Diego
94 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 9, 2020, emyers99 wrote:
$75 and no routines taught?! Yikes. Just buy Key Accessory. Real keys. Solid routine.

No need to worry, we have heard this feeling and are filming routines tomorrow to make sure it is up by the release date Smile
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3013 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I just got my 20 propdog keys the other day & 2 non gimmick keys all I can say is this is incredible & I will be ordering many more ! The key bends easily & will not bend back which makes this the perfect key bend for me .
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8824 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2020, tophatter wrote:
I just got my 20 propdog keys the other day & 2 non gimmick keys all I can say is this is incredible & I will be ordering many more ! The key bends easily & will not bend back which makes this the perfect key bend for me .

Are they cheaper than this product?
the_man_who_knows
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of the_man_who_knows
These look to be exactly the same as the propdog ones.
maklakmak
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of maklakmak
Pegasus asks if the PropDog keys are cheaper. The answer is yes - at much less than half the price. You can buy them individually if you want (which to me is an advantage) but if you want 20 'Easy Bend' keys and one rigid key, the cost would be just £31.05. I'm guessing this later product might sell better if purchasers could specify the number of keys wanted.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3013 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Yes much cheaper & you can order any amount you like there excellent I wish they made United state quarters as well . I carry two on my regular key chain very
happy with my purshase & will be ordering more. I paid 6.00 airmail shipping from London 20 easy bend keys & two no bend keys 36.00 total they arrived in 8 days !
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8824 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Thank you. Propdog it is then.
maklakmak
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of maklakmak
My earlier comments notwithstanding, I'd be tempted to give this product a try if it were not necessary to order a minimum of 26 keys!! As explained on its website, PropDog's first batch of 'Easy bend' keys was made from a special steel alloy which is no longer available to it on the same financial terms. Consequently, changes were made but the product still works extremely well and I am very satisfied with it, especially as I can order keys individually. However, if James Kellogg III's version, which can be bent by a two year old, uses a superior alloy then that might justify the considerable price premium? I would just like the opportunity to trial it with say a half dozen or a dozen keys. I am certainly not going to lash out more than £70 just to compare the two.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Bend by James Kellogg Jr. (19 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL