The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Super Sharpie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DanielLove
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
265 Posts

Profile of DanielLove
Anyone own this?

Is it a user or a looser?
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
DanielLove:

If you do a search, you'll find this item reviewed. I don't have it, but most of the reviews have been good.

Dave
crimsontide
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of crimsontide
Bit quirky. I have it, and it is good, but takes plenty of practice to get clear crisp results. Consider if you really need it when you can get the same results for a fraction of the price.
DanielLove
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
265 Posts

Profile of DanielLove
Thanks, chaps.
cloneman
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of cloneman
Actually, I think it's quite good. Very easy to use and a good thick line.
"Anything is possible... if you don't know what you are talking about."
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2910 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I vouch for it.
SmoothAM
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of SmoothAM
It's a very good product. One of my top 3 purchases of '04.
TheNightBringer89
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of TheNightBringer89
I also agree, very good item. Only downfall is that its a bit noisy on some surfaces.
"Dreams are born of imagination, fed upon illusions, and put to death by reality."

It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong,
If you're not like the others then you don't belong.
PaulEverson
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of PaulEverson
I like it too, though everytime I use it I'm morbidly afraid it's going to drop off - not happened yet
darkseance
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
241 Posts

Profile of darkseance
I have had the tip break off twice during performance, it can easily be glued back but that's not the point, luckily the last time it broke was for another performer and it highlighted the weakness in its design, the quality of the writing is good albeit noisy like nightbringer said, it refills itself which is another positive, the ergonomics for the actual write is a little awkward but overall useable, you need to ask yourself is it worth the money when your existing writer does just as good a job?

one more point is that you cannot perform certain nail writing routines with this product, as the handling doesn't allow for it.
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1190 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
All very good comments.
The 'tip' on mine broke within 30 secounds of me taking it out of its pakaging but luckly enough Id been told this might happen and how to fix it.

The writing is quite good, something you have to get used to, but you had to do it with the good old NW any way.

Id probably mostly use it for larger audiences where usin a pencil would be silly due to lack of being able to see it from a several feet away.

Just my thoughts.
Alex.
PaulEverson
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of PaulEverson
I think the real beauty of the sharpie is being able to finish clean without moving your hands from view.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Super Sharpie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL