The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » J. K. Hartman trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kShepher
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
470 Posts

Profile of kShepher
From Card Devilry - Ever Which Way but Another Way.

People familiar with the trick - do you find the plunge through often fails? I do. Maybe someday has a tip.

Thanks,

Kevin
Michael L
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Michael L
The key is going to be the friction between the outjogged cards and the cards to be plunged.
With the cards slightly bowed, I never miss, but otherwise I struggle. So what I do is instead of using the index finger of the hand holding the packet to plunge the outjogged cards, I stick that finger under the packet to bow it and use the other hand's index to plunge the packet. Or you can have the participant push the cards in with their finger. Or if you can get the bow, hold it, and then move out the index finger to plunge the cards but I find I'm more likely to lose the bow and separate the cards this way.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2020, kShepher wrote:
From Card Devilry - Ever Which Way but Another Way.

People familiar with the trick - do you find the plunge through often fails? I do. Maybe someday has a tip.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin, long time no hear my friend.
My copy of Devilry is packed away right now so I can't look it up (I'm a big Hartman fan).
Sounds like the same issue I had when learning J.C. Wagner's version of Christ's Aces. I found a light touch to be best, with distinct downward pressure from the left thumb.
kShepher
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
470 Posts

Profile of kShepher
Thanks! The downward bow and pressure seem to be working much better than it was. Glad I asked, it's such a neat trick I would hate to have discarded it.
dustrod
View Profile
Loyal user
Western Wisconsin, USA, Earth
233 Posts

Profile of dustrod
I'm glad you asked this question. I've always had a problem with Every Which Way but Another Way and effects like it.
Honestly I kind of gave up on them but the bowing thing really helps!
kShepher
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
470 Posts

Profile of kShepher
After that bowing tip I also discovered that a slower plunge helps. It's three cards coming out and even if it's not perfect you might be able to save it.

It's funny...when I first got the book I practiced this twenty times and it never failed. The first time I did it for somebody it did... then it failed in practice as well. Weird.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » J. K. Hartman trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL