The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Deluxe Linking Rings by Michael Ammar & TCC (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1636 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2021, Clemens Ilgner wrote:
Key Ring....

sorry I tried to upload a picture, but after almost 30 minutes I give up. Why is it so complicated ???

It’s not. It’s been the exact same method on internet discussion boards since the early 1990s. You just don’t know how to do it.

Upload it to postimages.org and put the complete link in between [ img ] x [ /img ] tags without the spaces. X is the URL.
Clemens Ilgner
View Profile
New user
Germany
33 Posts

Profile of Clemens Ilgner
Hi,

here are two pictures of my self made key ring.

Clemens Ilgner
View Profile
New user
Germany
33 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 23, 2021, Futureal wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2021, Clemens Ilgner wrote:
Key Ring....

sorry I tried to upload a picture, but after almost 30 minutes I give up. Why is it so complicated ???

It’s not. It’s been the exact same method on internet discussion boards since the early 1990s. You just don’t know how to do it.

Upload it to postimages.org and put the complete link in between [ img ] x [ /img ] tags without the spaces. X is the URL.

Thank you for helping me! Indeed it was easy now. But to be serious we are living in 2021 not in the early 90‘s. Even my cellphone in those days made pictures
bigger than 75 KB. It would be more convenient to have just a button to upload the pictures.

Best, Clemens
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2021, Clemens Ilgner wrote:
Thank you for helping me! Indeed it was easy now. But to be serious we are living in 2021 not in the early 90‘s. Even my cellphone in those days made pictures
bigger than 75 KB. It would be more convenient to have just a button to upload the pictures.

Best, Clemens

We're getting off on a tangent, but here's the reason it's not as easy as you wish... Photos eat bandwidth and storage. You can fit a LOT of typed words into the same storage space as a single photo. Storage and bandwidth cost money. And, last I checked, there was no fee to be a member of this forum. So, the costs of storage and bandwidth are being borne by the forum owner.

With 70K registered members, if only 10% of them uploaded a few photos a day, that could become a large storage expense for the forum owner.

Thus, the way you share photos is by hosting them somewhere else and then linking them with the IMG tags that were previously explained.

If you'd like, you can PM me and I'll give you an email address you can send the photos to. I'll host them on my photo site and then link them in this thread. You can send me as large of photos as you like. The bigger the better.

Just reach out via PM if you'd like me to do that.

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Never mind, I was able to find your images via your broken link message above. I download the photos and here they are (via hosting on my photo site);

Much larger version of that photo: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-WDvm......mTQc.jpg

Much larger version of that photo: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-3DMN......NkSN.jpg

Mark
Clemens Ilgner
View Profile
New user
Germany
33 Posts

Thank you Mark,

I think now everybody can see how it is possible to make your own key ring.

All the best!
Sebastia9
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Sebastia9
I purchased a 5 ring Ammar set and was frankly shocked at the size of the gap--approximately 1 +11/16". To be sure, I have small hands; but even if they were larger, I cannot believe I would be able to perform with them. I registered my unhappiness with Ammar's outfit and got no response. I am stuck and would be willing to sell them and find a quality set.
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
462 Posts

Profile of Kingry
The new commercially available set has a 1" opening. I like them, and will use in places I don't want to take my Owens. Whole set was a little more than the cost of a single Owen's 10" ring. Already seeing them discounted. Can't expect perfection at this price point.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5490 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2021, Kingry wrote:
I like them, and will use in places I don't want to take my Owens.

Just curious what places you would not want to take your Owens rings?
Is this due to theft or damage? Or size and weight of rings?
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
462 Posts

Profile of Kingry
I have both 10" and 12" Owen. Don't ever take them for street or outdoor use. Sidewalks are evil. Feel the same about most of my cup collection.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I've got a 12" Owen set that has hardly been used. I practice with my 12" Redefine hollow stainless steel rings. Those have hit the ground a couple of times and, yes, they have very slight dings (very slight) in a few spots. I suspect the Owen rings might acquire slight dings in the same circumstances, but I'm trying to avoid that happening. Smile Thus, I would not consider performing with the Owen rings over asphalt or concrete. Even a hardwood floor would give me pause.

I'm a hobbyist, so it's easy to control where I use them. If I was a working pro then I wouldn't really worry about it too much. I'd have magic income to pay for replacing them (except now you can't buy replacements).

Mark
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
462 Posts

Profile of Kingry
I'm only a part timer. Loved my 12" Owen but rarely use them once I picked up the 10's. They look beefier as the gauge is the same. The TCC's should play well from a distance. The Owen's are now quite rare.
John Vincelli
View Profile
New user
Montreal, QC
27 Posts

Profile of John Vincelli
So did TCC end up making the key ring's gap smaller or is it still almost 2 inches wide?
John knows!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Deluxe Linking Rings by Michael Ammar & TCC (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL