The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » How To Perform Magic For Children. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1548 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey everyone. I posted this video on my YouTube Channel the other day. It’s how to perform magic for children. I examined one of my performances and then broke down what I do and why I do it. I go into concepts such as look no see, hook lines, audience management and routine structure.

I actually run the largest children’s entertainment company in the UK and in 2019 we performed at just over 8500 parties so I know a thing or two about entertaining kids!

I thought I would share the link here. I hope it helps. Any questions let me know.

Thanks.

https://youtu.be/QkxcjrTRlqc
[url= http://youtube.com/c/slightlyunusualmagic
'Magic TV YouTube Channel ' by Craig Petty[/url]
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of noland
That routine was outstanding. Have you published any more of your children's routines?
Wizuriel
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Wizuriel
Really helpful video.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1548 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2020, noland wrote:
That routine was outstanding. Have you published any more of your children's routines?

Thanks very much. I’ve never published any of my family or kids routines but I have lots of them.

Perhaps one day.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1548 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2020, Wizuriel wrote:
Really helpful video.

Thanks. Glad it was helpful.
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of noland
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2020, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:

Thanks very much. I’ve never published any of my family or kids routines but I have lots of them.

Perhaps one day.

If you do decide to share--maybe put out a video--I think your material would be very well received by professional children's magicians, of which I'm one.
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
330 Posts

Profile of ellisd
Thank you. Excellent explanation!
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5232 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2020, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:

Perhaps one day.

I would definitely check them out if you ever do Craig! BTW, I still LOVE your CHOP routine!!
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1616 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Hi Craig.
Loved your sponge ball routine.
You certainly have a knack on how to entertain children. Of all the sponge ball routines I've seen for children, your is by far the best.
I've seen some of the other stuff you do and enjoyed them all. You are a very talented and gifted entertainer.
Thanks for sharing.
Tricky Ricky
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3241 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Thanks Craig, I've been doing kids magic for over 30 years and your comments are spot on.

Kid's magic is more like a puppet show than a magic show. Kids know that adults can fool them so that's no big deal. It's the comedy that really counts. That is why tricks like Run Rabbit Run get such a huge reaction even though the method isn't the most fooling.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1571 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Of course it depends on the age of the children.Texture in a show with some strong foolers can be great.It is a great sponge ball routine Craig and it would be nice to see what else
is in your case as you seem to pack small.I am really looking forward to the Penguin lecture of Mario the maker magician.IF Del Ray had done childrens shows I think they would have been like Mario's.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1856 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Bally Hoo and Hullabaloo
one for me and none for you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » How To Perform Magic For Children. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL