The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Creeping stupidity (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
I just went to the Petco (name not changed to protect the guilty) web site to order nearly a hundred dollars worth of cat treats, as I've done several times in the past. The web site said that my account had been blocked, no reason given. So, I called the customer service number. The operator ask me several questions including confirming my zip code. I ask her why she needed this, and she said she needed to confirm who I am.
Are we having a problem with people using fake identities to illegally buy buy pet food?
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Is Officer Dibble on the case?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Are you sure it was the real site and not a scam site? IE: did you click an email link instead of going to the site directly?
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2020, Animated Puppets wrote:
Are you sure it was the real site and not a scam site? IE: did you click an email link instead of going to the site directly?

Unfortunately it was the real site.
This has nothing to do with cat food, but you I liked it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJHtsy0JvFM&feature=youtu.be
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2020, tommy wrote:
Is Officer Dibble on the case?

Thank you Tommy, you've got the right perspective on this nonsense.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is indeed odd what triggers a security protocol.

I have used a credit card in 5 states and 2 countries, but then when I got home and tried to buy gas at Smiths it was somehow flashes as an odd transaction and they needed to send me a text and start questioning.

I gave up trying to figure it out because normal person logic will not get you there!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Mind you stealing pets and pet food may not be as silly as it looks;

May years ago, a con man bought rare expensive birds on a grand scale, using fake cheques to do so here at the National Expedition trade show in Birmingham, England. Apparently, he was wrapping the birds up and putting them in his trunk and then going back and buying more, etcetera.

Another one that springs to mind, were gangs back in the day that stole millions of pounds worth of canned pet food in “Long Firms”.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_firm_fraud
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Creeping stupidity (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL