The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Question about magic shops (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

superweird7
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of superweird7
Hi guys
I'm new to magic and I want to find the lowest price magic shop in the USA so I found these websites
1- https://www.52magic.com/index.php?gOo=go......t=35&p=1
2- https://www.approachchina.com/
the question is....is this real magic shops so if I order something from them I won't get scammed or something and there is something I couldn't figure like they have (venom by magic factory) for only 20$ and in magic factory websites it says like 120$ or something so why the price is very low ?
THANKS
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
821 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Knock off goods is why the prices are low. If you want to buy online then go with places like penguin magic or vanishing inc
superweird7
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of superweird7
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2020, Andy Young wrote:
Knock off goods is why the prices are low. If you want to buy online then go with places like penguin magic or vanishing inc

I'm sorry but what you mean (Knock off) I didn't get it
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
As Andy said, these are sources that sell knock offs. There are also sites that sell illegal downloads. If a price seems too good to be true, it probably is.

I’ve had excellent service from Vanishing Inc, Penguin, Williams Magic, Hocus Pocus Magic Shop, and The Magic Warehouse. I’ve had acceptable service from several others. There are legit deals to be had, but when everything on the site is a small fraction of the usual price, expect it to be theft of intellectual property.

Patrick
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1366 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Don't support any magic shops that sell "knock offs", it hurts everyone that loves magic.

Only support legitimate magic dealers, they are there to help you, not just to take your money.

Just my 2 cents.

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2020, superweird7 wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2020, Andy Young wrote:

You must really be new to magic if you don't know what a knockoff is. First, if the price seems way too low and too good to be true, it probably is. A knock off is an imitation or copy of the original effect also known as a ripoff. These are usually made in China but not always. Take the advice of the others here and go with Penguin, Vanishing Inc, Hocus Pocus etc. If you're interested in a particular effect, do the research. In some cases, you can even search for topics about the effect here on the Café.
Where the magic begins
Tim Snyder
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
112 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2020, superweird7 wrote:

A knock off is a counterfeit product. Sometimes you get lucky and it is just as good as the original, but usually it is of much lower quality than the genuine item. People don't buy knock offs because it supports people who don't have the rights to make a product and more often because these knock off products don't work / look right and don't survive use as long.

Rather than buying a bunch of "Cheap" stuff. Decide on just a few tricks that really interest you and get the best quality props needed for those tricks.

Don't hesitate to ask any question. We were all new once.
TeddyBoy
View Profile
Special user
New York, NY
595 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
The quality of DVD products that I downloaded from them are horrible. Quality of viewing is terrible, blurry. These likely-pirated DVDs lack any means to search the DVD or jump to what you are interested in, which for me is a major problem. I made the mistake twice, but no more. One place even advertised the DVD discs, but then gave me a lousy quality downloaded copy of the DVD.
So many sleights...so little time.
"Slow...deliberate...natural." Bill Tarr

Cheers,
Teddy
thegreatscungilli
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of thegreatscungilli
I have had good luck with Abbott's, Penguin, Airship, Hocus Pocus, USA Magic and Magic Warehouse..USA Magic and Penguin have free shipping for over a certain amount and USA Magic has a 10% coupon at the moment. USA don't carry as many products but I have had very good service form them for stuff I have bought there.
Anton4
View Profile
New user
Rensselaer, NY
56 Posts

Profile of Anton4
You should also check out magictricks.com
BlushingCrow
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of BlushingCrow
A knock off is a cheaply made counterfeit that might not stand up to regular display or practice - be careful - if the price seems too good to be true ...

wait for it..

wait for it....

... IT PROBABLY IS
Betrayal Mix
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Betrayal Mix
Also, maybe consider posting on here before making any single big ticket purchase - you might be about to spend $60 on a rope trick with matching DVD that you might not be ready for, etc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Question about magic shops (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL