The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Mario Lopez's salt pour on Fool Us (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jack Lu
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Jack Lu
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t2EuUBJhWs

I like it very much, but I'm far from performing it myself. The main thing is a number of particular salt production in the routine, which produces salt in different ways. Those seems very personal, some may be original.

Maybe the best way is to contact Mario himself, but I got no response from his website.

So my question is: is there any resources that introduces gimmicks/techniques used in this routine? Or, is there any other means that I can ask Mario?

Thanks.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Jack Lu, this is an original and totally creative act. It is totally original, and secrets are just that secret.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Interesting, Just checked and the video has been removed. Seems he wants to keep his creation to himself. Smart Thinking.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Here it is:

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KQ2U-azaZc

Really great performance.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1040 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2021, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Interesting, Just checked and the video has been removed. Seems he wants to keep his creation to himself. Smart Thinking.

This may be because of a policy change by Fool Us. They used to let the performers post the video to their own YouTube channel and thereby earn extra money off the appearance. But this policy has reportedly changed. They have also gone after the reaction video channels where magicians post their reactions to the shows. Some of these channels have had all their content removed.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Great performance!
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Very fun performance but I’m not sure why that’s a fooler.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, thomasR wrote:

They gave them the trophy for the nipple, not the salt pour, although they said they might have been fooled by some aspects of the salt pour routine.

I think it was just so d***ed funny and technically well done that they just wanted to give it to him (or perhaps because they wanted Mario to perform for them in their Vegas show - one of the "rewards" for wining along with the Fooled Us trophy).
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On May 27, 2021, BanzaiMagic wrote:
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, thomasR wrote:

They gave them the trophy for the nipple, not the salt pour, although they said they might have been fooled by some aspects of the salt pour routine.

I think it was just so d***ed funny and technically well done that they just wanted to give it to him (or perhaps because they wanted Mario to perform for them in their Vegas show - one of the "rewards" for wining along with the Fooled Us trophy).

I mean... that’s not a fooler to me either. And I consider myself wayyyy less knowledgeable then teller when it comes to magic haha.

The salt pour was very well done though I agree. But I’ve seen plenty of technically perfect routines not get a trophy so it seems odd. But it’s their show! Ha.
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
This is fantastic and Mario's creativity is top notch. It is not a magician fooler by any means, and the FU trophy was given gratuitously.

That does not take away from the performance. It's the BEST SALT POUR I have ever watched. Mario is clearly one of the best performers in the world. We are truly blessed to see his greatness. I look forward to anything he does with a giant grin knowing I will be fully entertained.

Jack Lu, there are plenty of tutorials on the salt pour. Levent, Scott Alexander, Tony Clark, Kevin James, and Kozak just to name a few. Part of the journey of learning is digging for information. There is even quite a bit of information on the Café.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
TomB,

Seems like you have been fooled by this presentation. It is in no way anything like the traditional Salt pours. In Mario's act has gimmicked his clothing and there are hidden releases that he can activate during his routine. That is what fooled Penn and Teller, not the flow of salt, but the set up to produce flowing salt flowing from different places on his body. Penn even said, if I knew how you did it, I would not have given you the trophy, or something similar.

You forgot to mention the magician that started the Salt Pour craze in the twentieth Century , the late great FRED KAPS using the Danny dew gimmick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Mario Lopez's salt pour on Fool Us (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL