The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » George Sand's Improved Ropesational (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

maniac
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, Ga
65 Posts

Profile of maniac
I learned Sand's Ropesational back in 1974. I guess that today I would call it my rope routine based on Sandsational. I have changed what I do.

My question is: I was interested in what changed or was added in the improved version? I do have a copy of the original routine, but have never seen the improved version.
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Where can you find the improved version?
maniac
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, Ga
65 Posts

Profile of maniac
I saw one on ebay this week but it went too high just for my curiosity.
Woofledust
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
76 Posts

Profile of Woofledust
I have a copy of George Sands' Sandsational Rope (2nd Ed.) published in 1971, and also a copy of Sands' Improved Ropesational (2nd Ed.) published in 1976.

Both of the above went through at least two revisions. The "Improved" booklet includes the preface from the first edition which states:

Quote:
As immodest as it may seem, I considered my 'Sandsational Rope' as the best routine heretofore created. In turn, this is far superior to the 'Sandsational Rope'. The reason for this routine is that I got sick and tired of destroying rope. This goes to the other extreme—the rope is never destroyed, it just wears out!

The second edition preface indicates that it corrects many of what he now considers flaws in the first edition.

And that is basically it. For the cut and restored portion, the "improved" version uses only false cuts with the fingers. Of course it also includes many other little twists and turns to enlarge the routine.

Hope this helps satisfy your curiosity.
maniac
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, Ga
65 Posts

Profile of maniac
Quote:
On 2004-06-14 21:33, Woofledust wrote:
For the cut and restored portion, the "improved" version uses only false cuts with the fingers. Of course it also includes many other little twists and turns to enlarge the routine.

Hope this helps satisfy your curiosity.

Could you give a description of the effects, i.e. twists and turns in the Improved Ropesational?
Woofledust
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
76 Posts

Profile of Woofledust
Maniac,

Will do, but I think it would be best if I PM you with the answer.
Kenardo1
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Kenardo1
Out of curiosity, how much did Rope Sandsational sell for on ebay?
maniac
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, Ga
65 Posts

Profile of maniac
I think it sold on ebay for about $10 plus $3 or $4 for shipping, around $14.

I know that this is not much but I felt since I all ready do my version of it, I could invest the $14 on other magic effects.
Tawkin2ya
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Tawkin2ya
Thought you might like to check out George Sands site, his son sells a book and DVD combo of Sandsational and Ropesational along with a few bonus effects, for $50.00.

http://www.alansands.com/store/sandsrope.html

Ray
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » George Sand's Improved Ropesational (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL