The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Replacement hinges for Flame Clock (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tourmagic
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of tourmagic
I have 2 Flame Clocks that have tarnished hinges that I would like to replace. The hinges are very small: 1/2 inch x 9/16 inch.
I haven't been able to find a source, and I'm hoping that someone on the Café can help.
Here's a link to a picture: https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/st......n-worth/
Tom Tourville
"Magic is all based on guile, and the more experience you have with being sneaky, the more sneaky you can be"
- Teller
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2895 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Hey, Tom,

Try here:

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/har......=00D3050

I've bought a fair amount of stuff from them. You may have to buy the screws separately, but they carry them.

I also found some very small brass ones on Amazon a couple of years ago.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
tourmagic
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of tourmagic
Thanks George! The 15 x 12 mm hinge would be perfect except that the 15 dimension is the height (I assume that means the length of the pin).
What I need is a 12 x 15 mm hinge.
I found some tiny hinges on Amazon, but they're either too small (8 x 10 mm) or too big.
Thanks again for the tip on Lee Valley.
Tom Tourville
"Magic is all based on guile, and the more experience you have with being sneaky, the more sneaky you can be"
- Teller
martinsmagic
View Profile
New user
Spicewood, TX
54 Posts

Profile of martinsmagic
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2020, tourmagic wrote:
I have 2 Flame Clocks that have tarnished hinges that I would like to replace. The hinges are very small: 1/2 inch x 9/16 inch.
I haven't been able to find a source, and I'm hoping that someone on the Café can help.
Here's a link to a picture: https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/st......n-worth/

Hi tourmagic,

I've owned 3 or 4 of these and although it is one of the most iconic pieces made by Milson-Worth, it is amazingly fragile. I've had issues with pretty much every one I have ever shipped. Something breaking here or there. So if you ever ship one make sure you lock down all movement inside.

It is a beauty, just not as strong internally as I would like or expect from Milson-Worth.

andy
Martin's Magic Collection
The Largest Online Collection of Rare, Vintage, and New Magic!
johnsocl
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of johnsocl
Hi, Tom -

Actually, the hinges are solid brass and only need to be polished. A little Brasso or Simichrome Polish on a microfiber cloth will remove the tarnish. I don't recommend removing the hinges as they may have stuck to the lacquer underneath causing possible damage to the finish if the hinges have to be pried loose.

Lyn Johnson
Milson-Worth
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Replacement hinges for Flame Clock (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL