The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Trojan Horse Project by Manos, Murray, Rasp (115 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2280 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Wanted to let you know on something that is coming soon.

It is called the Trojan Horse Project and it is by 3 brilliant mentalists.

Manos Kartsakis, Michael Murray, and Ian Rasp

I don't know Ian personally, but I do know Manos and Michael and can attest to the stuff these guys come up with, I am sure all 3 of them brainstorming ideas for this release is going to be more than worth it.

Not sure if I am allowed to post a lot on this or not, if I get permission I will say more.

But, have you ever wanted to perform a which hand, or tequila hustler type routine, visa cabaret, free will type effect but a lot cleaner.

This is it.

Manos has a version that is absolutely great, and those that follow Manos's work know how he thinks.
Michaels version is possibly for me at least, the cleanest version of like a free will type plot that you can do.

Michael performed it on me about 3 weeks to a month ago and floored me with it.

I have now been performing Manos version at times, and other times Michaels version.

This is something that you will want to get when it is released sometime soon.

It is already up on Michael's site, www.mindfx.co.uk and it says coming soon.

I am curious to read Ian's version as well.

I am sure all 3 versions will be worth it, and one can pick and choose which version to perform.

Lately I have been performing Michael's version, but I actually started with Manos's version.

I hope this is released by Xmas so you all can have something to perform and read over the Xmas break.

When I get permission I can tell you more, for now, one must be patient.

More later.....

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1491 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I've been bugging Michael about this for a long time. I have not seen it, but know how much praise and accolades it deserves.

Yep, can't wait.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1687 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Many thanks for the kind words Alex and I will be in touch with Nathan this week to give him a demonstration. I am extremely excited for this to be released and know already that you guys will LOVE this!!!!

Manos kickstarted this entire project with his unique thinking and this inspired me to develop several methods and handlings of my own. After brainstorming them with Ian ‘Rasp’ Cheetham we have carefully complied them together into a 90 page book.

Further information will follow VERY soon Smile

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1687 Posts

Profile of celebrity
“So Freaking clean!” - Drew Backenstoss

“This is one of the best pieces of impromptu mind reading I’ve ever seen” - Christian Grace

“Please let me know when this is ready to purchase, this is one of your best effects yet!” - David Diamond

“I am lost for words, this fooled me completely!” - Mike Sullivan

The ‘Trojan Horse Project’ contains a collective powerhouse of routines that can be performed over the phone, in person, or over the internet.

A Brand New Approach to the Visa Cabaret/Free Will Plot:

This effect is performed with the participant's own objects which remain in their possession throughout…

This 90-page book opens with the founding routine that kickstarted this entire project. Created and developed by Manos Kartsakis this incredible routine introduces the reader to a minimum of two brand new techniques that are guaranteed to find a permanent home within your repertoire.

Going above and beyond a mere 50/50 chance…

The performer asks a participant to hide three different objects in their pockets and hands. Although the participant has a free choice throughout the routine where to place each item, and even switch them many times, the performer is able to divine with 100% accuracy where each object is and delivers a surprise ending.

Please consider the following -

Any three objects may be used (no gimmicks are required)
At no point do you need to see or touch any of the objects
The mentalist is always able to reveal the locations of each object with 100% accuracy.
The participant can remain silent throughout the effect (other than confirming that you are correct at the conclusion).
The final positions of each object can be predicted if required.
Deviously simple, very direct and yet extremely fooling.
No language restrictions.
No logic puzzles required.
Taking Things Further than Ever Before:

Feeling freshly inspired by Manos’s routine, Michael Murray decided to work on a variation of his own. Working from the ground up Michael has created one of the most direct mind-reading effects that you will ever have the pleasure of learning. Best of all, the reader of the book will get to experience this effect first hand (albeit in a simulated fashion).

Two heads are better than one…

Readers will instantly see the benefits of combining the devious principles behind each routine to create a seamless piece of impromptu mentalism that can be performed in any situation (even over the telephone).

Taking things even further, you will learn four additional handlings, each of which bringing their own unique advantages to the table. This includes a two-person alternative where the performer simultaneously reads the minds of both participants and one which can be performed without the performer ever knowing which objects are in use (this was a personal favourite of Phedon Bileks).

How does this compare with other published routines of this nature?

Whilst there are already several works of a similar nature that have been published and released in the past, we personally feel that none of them can compare to the directness of the work that is contained within this book. In short, the absolute freedom of the participant's actions is what sets this head and shoulders above the rest.

Please consider the following -

The participant can genuinely place any three objects in any of the three locations without restriction.
To keep things fair, we even offer them the opportunity to swap the positions of the items before we continue.
The participant never reveals to us if a switch was made or not (if a switch was made they also have a free choice here).
The participant is never asked to reveal a single piece of information throughout this and all actions are made sight unseen.
Despite the impossibility of the situation, the mentalist can instantly reveal the specific location of each item.
It simply doesn’t get any cleaner than this!

If you have ever wanted the ability to reveal the locations of three freely hidden objects without asking any questions at all then this is the book for you!

Note: Special thanks and credits go to Ian ‘Rasp Cheetham’ for helping to polish these routines into the practical and powerful effects that they have become.
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
783 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
I hate this thing. Two reasons for this:

1. I decided to quickly call Michael for something unrelated during a nice August night out with friends in Rhodes's old town, and before hanging up with him he asked me: "Hey, do you want me to show you something quick Phedon?". I answered "Yes". Big mistake. After fooling me BAD over the phone, I spent the rest of the night thinking of what the @#% he did to me. Next day, I called him up, triumphant, as I thought I had understood something. Turned out that I understood S#@T, and shouldn't have Michael finally taken pity on me and explained how the thing worked, I suspect I'd still be trying to figure this out. Which, to be honest, I still wouldn't have. And neither would any of you. I swear.

2. Over a month later we Skyped with Michael for, again, something else, and before I hung up Michael asked me: "Hey, do you want me to show you something quick Phedon?". You guessed it, I answered "Yes". Big mistake. He did something similar, but this time, WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT I WAS USING and yet, HE NAILED EVERYTHING!

Now, I will say it again: I never liked the "Which Hand" thing. So much fuss for a 50/50, I prefer doing it like a man. For real. And if I fail, big deal. But this........ This is NOT a 50/50. This goes way beyond that. The minute Michael told me what I had and where, without hesitation, and without me having hinted on ANYTHING... I felt like a layperson again. And the method is so devious, so 'out-of-the-box', that I can only marvel at what has been achieved here.

I have been using this since the day Michael explained it to me. The first week upon learning it, I did it to everyone around me. Rarely lately do I get excited about something new, but this is as good as it gets. If you like "Which hand" stuff, this is an absolute must-buy. It's way better, way more impossible, way more impressive. If however you're not, like me, a fan of this plot, I do firmly believe that this is something you'll still use, as I do. And God knows I am demanding with the material I perform and hard-core in my philosophy. It's just too clever and mind boggling.

Morality of the story: When Michael Murray asks you: "hey, (YOUR NAME HERE), can I show you something quick?"... THINK BEFORE YOU ANSWER. This @$% is trying to mess you up!

Bravo Michael. Bravo Ian. And, last but not least, Bravo Manos, who started this (I loved your 'Silent answer' subtlety... Blew my mind.)

Much love to all,

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1563 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Michael performed this for me tonight and absolutely blew my mind with it. I haven’t been this fooled in a long time. I had the joy of just sitting there and laughing afterward because I couldn’t backtrack it at all and the more I thought about it, the more fooled I was.

It’s so incredibly smart because there are no questions asked at any point and no information ever appears to be given and yet Michael perfectly nailed where every item was. I was totally dumbfounded.

And what’s worse... Manos had already shared his version with me, yet despite being armed with this knowledge, I still couldn’t work it out.

This is as invisible as process can possibly get. Quite literally. So darn clever and using nothing more than three normal objects and two minds.

Incredible stuff indeed, and many variations as well!

Definitely pick this up ASAP

Madison
Dr Ross
View Profile
Regular user
Lincoln, UK
170 Posts

Profile of Dr Ross
My goodness - what fantastic comments from Phedon, Madison, & Alex! And Michael's description of the effect/s sounds great! Can't wait for this to come out.

Very intrigued. You massive teasers! Smile

Ross
Ross Bartels

Author of:
'Janken' (propless RPS effects) and 'Tacitus'
Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
162 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
I have been a fan of Michael and Manos for some time now so this I just know will be good.
Dr Ross
View Profile
Regular user
Lincoln, UK
170 Posts

Profile of Dr Ross
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2020, Luke Jonas wrote:
I have been a fan of Michael and Manos for some time now so this I just know will be good.

Same here Luke! Saw you in the jam session yesterday btw Smile
Ross Bartels

Author of:
'Janken' (propless RPS effects) and 'Tacitus'
KASASAGI
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of KASASAGI
Sounds too great!
Can this be played repeatedly?
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1687 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Although it is entirely possible to perform one of my methods (my personal favorite)over and over again, I personally limit it to two perfomances at most and even then, I choose the times that I do this wisely.

You may also choose to perform Manos' original routine which is superb and then follow it up with one of mine too Smile

Best Wishes Michael

Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1491 Posts

So I just got to witness this (thanks Michael). I agree with everything said above.

I don't want to over-hype this because then there's potential to be let down, no matter how awesome it is. But if there's ever a case to scream nothing but praises, this is it. It's an incredible tool and routine.

As I told Michael, we all know and have enough tricks and effects. For me, while I own a lot of effects, wallets, methods, books, etc, I am still cautious with what I rotate in my repertoire and keep "ready to go" in my arsenal. I don't give a lot of head-space to everything I own. I'm selective, like any of us.

This is immediately green-lighted for "must use". And I'm so glad to have experienced it first-hand as I can see what the spectators will experience. I was fooled badly. Still am. It's clean, impressive, and powerful. I know he thinks highly of this one, and he should. SO cool.

And I love the version Phedon loves as much as Michael's favorite.

I still can't get over how he knew... Just blows my mind. So I'm glad this is being made available. Yes, it's a WINNER.
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Manos Kartsakis
Thanks everyone for your kind words. This started as an interesting idea but it quickly became an obsession for me and I kept developing it and pushing the envelope as much as I could, refining it even further. Add Michael Murray and Ian Rasp Cheetham to the mix and you have even more versions of this effect taking it even further than I could have ever imagined. I sincerely hope you like this one. Smile
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1491 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 5, 2020, Manos Kartsakis wrote:
Thanks everyone for your kind words. This started as an interesting idea but it quickly became an obsession for me and I kept developing it and pushing the envelope as much as I could, refining it even further. Add Michael Murray and Ian Rasp Cheetham to the mix and you have even more versions of this effect taking it even further than I could have ever imagined. I sincerely hope you like this one. Smile

Genius minds. Amazing how you all think. Yep, people will love this. Congrats on the release, Manos.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2176 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
My email is entered to be notified of release.
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
562 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Those close to me understand that I don't hold punches (maybe "constructive jabs" is a better term haha) when asked for feedback. Although I'm extremely fortunate to call Manos and Michael friends, my feelings about this release aren't swayed by our relationship.

This is SUBERB! I know this will become an instant classic.

I was lucky to see many of the ideas grow and evolve. The results are beautiful, direct and exceptionally clean.

Best wishes,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX

ELEMENTARY: Now Available!
ALL PROJECTS AVAILABLE AT: www.mindofandrews.com/colleagues.html
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2544 Posts

Profile of NeilS
The magic of synergy, in more ways than one. Thank you gentlemen.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1720 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
With so many clever minds stating how fooling this is and considering it is repeatable: will there be a video of a (more or less) uncut performance for us to see what the effect looks like? That would be very helpful.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1687 Posts

Profile of celebrity
The Unmasked Magician, if you get in touch I am happy to arange a convienient time to give you a demonstration Smile

Best Wishes Michael

Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Manos Kartsakis
I was going to post the same thing but Michael did it first. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Trojan Horse Project by Manos, Murray, Rasp (115 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL