The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Trojan Horse Project by Manos, Murray, Rasp (115 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2176 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
What I feel is a phenomenal aspect of this preorder... not only are we getting a real book once they come from press, in the meantime, we have received an ebook of The Trojan Horse and a wonderful facebook group with many thoughts and ideas...
I guess you can say that we have an ebook in hand, a group at our fingertips, and a book in our pocket. Smile
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3366 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
The only frustrating thing with this approach is that so many of the Facebook ideas would really have enhanced the physical book. I wonder if there is a model where you could buy the product, receive the ebook version, and then receive a physical book version at a later date with all the extra ideas included?

I much prefer reading and learning from (and more importantly-re-reading and re-learning from )physical books but in this case the book won't contain some of my favourite ideas, such as Michael's truth/lies game premise. So in years to come I can't just grab it off the shelf and get the full benefit of it.
Bietfriek
View Profile
Elite user
Banned after
494 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Just placed my order and am waiting for the e-book 😇
Perhaps at a certain point, valuable ideas could be bundled into a pdf so we could print it out ourselves.
Doric
View Profile
Elite user
481 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2020, Martin Pulman wrote:
The only frustrating thing with this approach is that so many of the Facebook ideas would really have enhanced the physical book. I wonder if there is a model where you could buy the product, receive the ebook version, and then receive a physical book version at a later date with all the extra ideas included?

I much prefer reading and learning from (and more importantly-re-reading and re-learning from )physical books but in this case the book won't contain some of my favourite ideas, such as Michael's truth/lies game premise. So in years to come I can't just grab it off the shelf and get the full benefit of it.

Not a bad idea at all. I'd be happy to upgrade to a V2 of the book containing the bonus content.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1683 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Bietfriek, I hope that you are enjoying the contents of the book Smile

Martin, there always is a solution for every problem and whilst I generally use Facebook groups as a way of rewarding ethical purchasers of my products (by filming or writing additional content that isn’t as easily shared around) I would certainly consider making a companion book available for a small fee to existing owners further down the line).

Naturally, just as I did with Deadlock these ideas would be made available for free in pdf form too as you would need the original book to know the methods used. Incidentally I still need to finish the second companion book for Deadlock owners too but I digress).

Sadly we are in a world where information is so easily shared, in the instance of this product it only took 24 hours for this to happen. Thankfully my efforts in marking each digital copy have paid off and I have made contact with the guilty party (a working performer) and I have a second call with my legal advisor next week who has offered me some great advice on taking this further.

The time has come for people who share material to realise that they aren’t just sharing a single manuscript, they are depriving creators of thousands of pounds in lost revenue. In my eyes these companies amount to nothing more than organised crime and individuals who are caught in the act will pay for their crime accordingly and this is no idle threat.

Thankfully those that respect the work of others will also be rewarded for their ethics with additional content which is worth more than the initial entry price alone.

Best Wishes to All!
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Bietfriek
View Profile
Elite user
Banned after
494 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
I’m really content with it! Passed the girlfriend test so that’s a big plus! At the moment I’ve only read Manos piece, will dig into the rest later today. Also curious what the FB group has to offer, awaiting approval 😉
Doric
View Profile
Elite user
481 Posts

Profile of Doric
Excellent news about catching the thief! Well done Michael.

Please name and shame them when and if it's appropriate to do so.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1685 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
That's quite shocking...a working performer especially. He (assuming it's a "he") knows the amount of work it takes to create smth like this and the damage he does... .
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1426 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
So glad to hear you uncovered and contacted the thief!
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2386 Posts

Profile of 252life
Do a Café public service and let us know who it is if possible
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Doric
View Profile
Elite user
481 Posts

Profile of Doric
Public shaming will be a massive deterrent for those considering or involved in this type of thing.
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Manos Kartsakis
Doric, people who profit from the intellectual property of others have no shame.
A proper lawsuit that will hit them hard on what they care the most about is more appropriate. Ideally this can serve as an example to prevent others from doing the same in the future. Smile
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1683 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Rather ironically I am bound by customer confidentiality but this won’t be affecting my pursuit of this individual as soon as my legal advisor has instructed me on the correct path to take. After our initial talks it looks like there are several routes that I can go with this. have a follow up call this week and will then be taking action under his direction.

Bietfriek, I hope that you enjoy the rest of the book just as much Smile

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I just ordered my copy.

Looking forward to checking it out in the near future.

Elliott
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2386 Posts

Profile of 252life
It’s so *** good
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1683 Posts

Profile of celebrity
252life, I am so pleased that you are enjoying the ideas. The feedback has been incredibly humbling!

Best Wishes Michael

Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1766 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
The hybrid version Manos and Michael just added to the group is sooooo darn good.

If you haven’t boarded the Trojan Horse yet, now is the time because the add-on’s are really raising the value on the project!

-Jake
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1683 Posts

Profile of celebrity
I have a bonus video going up soon with over an hours worth of additional thoughts and insights Smile

Best Wishes Michael

Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1467 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2020, celebrity wrote:
I have a bonus video going up soon with over an hours worth of additional thoughts and insights Smile

Best Wishes Michael

Overdeliver-er Murray. Your new name.
Doric
View Profile
Elite user
481 Posts

Profile of Doric
...or Michael 'More'y
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Trojan Horse Project by Manos, Murray, Rasp (115 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL