The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best coins across with borrowed coins? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

charlie_d
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of charlie_d
So, what's the best coins across with borrowed coins?

I have two options here:

- Gary Jones' Pop Up Coins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZc8Bqljqj4
- The "classic" p*lm/cl*ck pass routine

Anyone have a better, three/four borrowed coins version?
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Mr clean coins across by Jay Sankey it doesn't get much better when done well.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2020, warren wrote:
Mr clean coins across by Jay Sankey it doesn't get much better when done well.

I like Gary's work and think that the pop-up move can fly if presented well.
Agreed, but despite trying over the years my fingers struggle to do a convincing Goshman pinch/Tenkai. Tyler Rabbit had a most excellent effect that could be done with borrowed coins, with signed and other varieties on his treasure hunt.
Charlie
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Borrowed coins doesn't mean you can't switch in a gaff.

"borrowed" is the memory you want in the story they tell - it is not a limitation on illusion.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Flying Eagles and Daryl's Mysterious Cross of India.

Jim
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Both the Talahassee Jumping coins and the Specciolini Brothers from Rubinstein Coin Magic can be done with borrowed coins (quarters).
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
charlie_d
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of charlie_d
Lots to digest here...!

Also - I got your book, Doc - it's fantastic, thank you for putting it together!

Hope everyone's staying safe. Thanks for the replies, folks!
Gerald Deutsch
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Gerald Deutsch
This appears with an explanation on the April 1, 2011 posting on the Perverse Magic thread of the Genii Forum and on page 221 of Gerald Deutsch’s Perverse Magic: The First Sixteen Years.

Effect

1 Dinner was over and the check was paid and then his wifes friend asked him if he would do a trick.

Okay. Do you or your husband have two pennies?

His wifes friend reaches into her purse and pulls out a handful of change and gives the magician two pennies. The magician puts one penny on each of his two palms and turns his hands face down on the table.

Okay watch. Ill make each of the two pennies travel to the other hand and change places. Watch!

He lifts his hands and it looks like nothing happened.

Everyone smiles and shakes their head.

2 Why are you laughing? that's hard. Ill do an easier one. Ill just make one coin go. Watch.

Again the magician puts one penny on each palm and again turns his hands face down on the table. This time when he lifts his left hand theres no penny and when he lifts his right hand both pennies are there.

Yeah well, that's easier than making both pennies travel. Ill do it again.

3 He picks up one penny with his right hand and puts it in his left and closes his left hand into a fist with the fingers above. He then picks up the other penny in his right hand, holds that in a fist also with the fingers above.

Watch. He gestures, opens his left fist nothing opens his right fist two pennies.

4 One more time he says and everyone is now watching very closely. He picks up a penny with his right hand and puts it in his left and closes his left hand into a fist with the fingers above. He shows his right hand clearly empty as he then picks up the other penny in his right hand, holds that in a fist also with the fingers above.

Again he gestures and opens his left hand, pleased, no penny but when he opens his right hand theres only one penny.

I hate when that happens! he says as he pulls back his left sleeve and shows the penny under his watch band.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best coins across with borrowed coins? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL