The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Looking for some input on performing. (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
snm
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of snm
Go with Jeff Ray and just be done with it.

Why would you spell magik with a "k" instead of a "c"?

You either look like you can't spell or you are trying to be some super trendy hip-hop brand.
(usually lots of misspellings within that community)

Also it being with a "k" will have some impact on seo since no one searches for magic spelt that way.

Even if their know your name... and go to search for you... they aren't going to spell the magic with a "k"
and they are going to find this other domain that someone already has.

Just my $0.02 and some things to perhaps give a little think about.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2803 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Maybe try: mac for magic.com

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
DyeTube
View Profile
New user
Melissa, Texas
23 Posts

Profile of DyeTube
I have settled on "MAC". It's short, simple, and actually is my name. I didn't like the "k" in "Magik" it was just that macmagic.com or magicmac.com were both take but macmagik.com wasn't taken which is why I thought it could be an option. The Domain www.macthemagician.com is available and I really don't mind using "the magician" as part of my name. I know some don't like it, but I'm okay with it. I just can't get excited about "Jeff Ray" honestly. Also, this simple design lets me create really cool swag like t-shirts and stickers to promote myself more effectively and get gigs. Look at the logo below on a business card mockup. I really like the way it looks.

Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6443 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Very cool looking logo. Congrats.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2803 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Looks Great. Well Done.

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
755 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
As a guy who has the same name as someone who is famous, and is branded by my name...
Mac Magik is the right choice

For me to rank for my name, I have to beat things like ESPN.com ... NOT an easy task...
snm
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of snm
Macthemagician is better than macmagik

Also, for the business card...

put a URL to the website...

Don't get too fancy with the site.

A simple landing page with some direct response copy (and a video helps conversions) for them to contact you.
DyeTube
View Profile
New user
Melissa, Texas
23 Posts

Profile of DyeTube
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2020, snm wrote:
Macthemagician is better than macmagik

Also, for the business card...

put a URL to the website...

Don't get too fancy with the site.

A simple landing page with some direct response copy (and a video helps conversions) for them to contact you.

SEO is my specialty, lol. I am a Corporate Applications Developer by trade and now own my own design and development company. And, yes, I didn't care for "magik" either. It was just initially for SEO purposes to get found better but I can still easily rank well for Mac The Magician. Also, "magik" just doesn't look good unless I did "mak magik" and I don't even care for that, lol. I went ahead and bought www.macthemagician.com and I am starting to work on the site now.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2176 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
And if you can find a song writer to change the lyrics of Mack the Knife to Mac the Mage, you can have a theme song. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20542 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Please don't do that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
DyeTube
View Profile
New user
Melissa, Texas
23 Posts

Profile of DyeTube
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2020, Wravyn wrote:
And if you can find a song writer to change the lyrics of Mack the Knife to Mac the Mage, you can have a theme song. Smile

Haha! No thanks though...
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3528 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Mac MacHeath! There's a memorable name! Smile
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3911 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I like Mac. Simple and memorable. Good work. What routines do you enjoy perform?
KJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Looking for some input on performing. (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL