The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SECRETS by Scott Creasey (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My review continues...

Psychometric Envelopes (pages 22 - 35)

This is what I love about Scott Creasey’s work.

He takes an old method and routine, identifies the weaknesses, then modifies the handling, to eliminate the weakness, increasing the believability of the effect. Or in this case, effects. Scott shares his insights for “sustaining the suspension of disbelief” throughout the effect (and arguably long after its over).

Three different routines are taught using the same handling so you can alternate in a closeup environment, with an almost instant reset.

Selling The Real Deal (pages 36 - 38)

Do your audiences perceive you as just another “generic performer” doing mental flavored magic tricks? Or is their disbelief suspended so they perceive you as being the “real deal”? Insights and observations are offered, including those from a late mentalist well-known in the community as well as a world-famous psychic medium. If you want to be perceived as the real deal, Scott offers three things you should never do.
AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews can be found by doing a cafe search
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My review continues...

The Pendulum and the Envelope (pages 39 - 42)

Using the same materials (eight pay envelopes, eight business cards and a pen) as the first three routines - with the addition of a pendulum, Scott explains how believability can be increased even further using the exact same method. The result is a routine which the spectators perceive as three, utterly impossible, separate effects. Impossible unless the performer actually had psychic powers.

Phenomenal!

To take such a simple method and transform it into a three effect routine that is so strong...the thinking here is genius.
AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
605 Posts

Profile of Scott
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2020, Stunninger wrote:
My review continues...

The Pendulum and the Envelope (pages 39 - 42)

Using the same materials (eight pay envelopes, eight business cards and a pen) as the first three routines - with the addition of a pendulum, Scott explains how believability can be increased even further using the exact same method. The result is a routine which the spectators perceive as three, utterly impossible, separate effects. Impossible unless the performer actually had psychic powers.

Phenomenal!

To take such a simple method and transform it into a three effect routine that is so strong...the thinking here is genius.

I knew you'd like that one. Smile
Scott Creasey - Mind Reader

Original Routines With A Mental Flavour

http://www.mentalmagicism.com/
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Of course 😀

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My review continues...

Pendulum Power (pages 43 - 46)

Scott makes the argument that a mentalist not using a pendulum is really missing out on a wealth of effects not requiring trickery. Both low tech and hi tech pendulums are discussed showing how pendulums may be used for any performance style. A very interesting piece of research on the use of pendulums is noted. I have to say, what this research suggests has my mind thinking of many useful applications, both for performance and in other areas of life.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My review continues...

Structured Imagery (pages 47 - 49)

Scott describes Structured Imagery as, “...a simple, (but structured) visualization technique used for adding extra layers of mind reading to a standard word, number, or in fact picture revelation.”

There are two variations, “Vowel Movement” (that uses only vowels), and “Home Invasion”.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My review continues...

Remote Viewing Vowel Movement (pages 50 - 59)

Effect: the spectator thinks of a friend’s first name, then imagines a famous city where their friend is visiting. Almost instantly the Mindreader starts describing details about the location the spectator is imagining, only to then remove a single envelope from his pocket, containing a single post card. The post card is removed from the envelope, and is found to have the name of the city and famous landmarks on the front, and signed by their friend on the back.

Very cool routine.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My review continues...

The Long-Distance Peek (pages 60 - 62)

It’s not what you may think.

The Long-Distance Peek is a very clever psychological ploy intended to prevent spectators from reverse engineering the effect. This ploy can be used with most any secretly acquired information, regardless of method.

Very clever and very useful.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My review continues...

Vowel Movement 2.0 (pages 63 - 65)

Just when you thought the routine was brilliant, Scott finds a way or ways to improve it.

I thought “My Q&A” (one of Scott’s releases several years ago) was about as good as a Q&A routine could get. Then he released Q&A Evolution, which is even better. Then came the most minimalistic Q&A Simplified, which is his best version yet.

In similar fashion, Vowel Movement 2.0 packs all the punch of the first version, using only a single business card and pen. Fewer props actually make the effect stronger.

Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
605 Posts

Profile of Scott
Stunninger,

Thanks for the reviews so far, I'm glad you are enjoying the book.

For those of you who may be still on the fence, I've just added a Black Friday Sale to my site.

30% discount off everything until midnight on the 30th of November. So that's 30% off all my print on demand books, all my eBook's and all my instant download videos.

For print on demand books use LULU discount code BFCM30 at checkout .

For digital downloads use code FRIDAY30 at checkout.

To read the reviews and order your copies, visit https://www.mentalmagicism.com/books.html

Have a great weekend guys.

Cheers.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My pleasure, Scott. SECRETS is a fantastic read.

My review continues...

To Fold or Not to Fold (pages 66 - 68)

The participant writes a secret thought on a slip of paper or card. Does folding the paper or card into quarters before placing it on the table or handing it back to the mind reader seem logical? Or illogical? What about putting the folded paper or card into an envelope? Is this logical or illogical? Scott’s thoughts on this may expand your thinking.

My Favorite (page 69)

Scott sets the stage to show how “...stripping away props and complex handling, creates an air of believability.” And something more.

What's In a Name (page 70 - 73)

Effect: the mind reader asks the participant to think of three friends she knows well, and write each friend’s name on the back of a separate business card. The mind reader turns his back while she writes. The mind reader turns back around, picks up and mixes the face down cards, and places them in a row. The subject is then instructed to look at one of the three names, replace the card and mix their order several times. Finally, the subject is asked to imagine a celebration they are at with the friend they are imagining.

The mind reader is able to accurately describe the scene and then name the friend they are thinking of.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My review continues...

Variety is the Spice of Life (pages 74 - 77)

In the second of three variations of the ‘What’s in a Name’ routine from the previous chapter, Scott shows how a small change in the handling enhances the level of mystery to the routine considerably.

Home Invasion (pages 78 - 84)

The Home Invasion concept allows your subject to take an imaginary journey through an imaginary home, while visualizing and remembering specific details. When incorporated in the Variety is The Spice of Life routine, you are able to reveal not only which friend she is thinking of and that friend’s name but also specific details of the imaginary journey she only thought of.

To accomplish this, Scott introduces a new psychological ploy.

Ingenious.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My review continues...

The Method for Method’s Sake Variation (pages 85 - 88)

A third variation of the What’s in a Name routine is explained, but this time to show, “...why making too many compromises for the sake of method, lessens the impact of a routine.”

Particularly valuable in this chapter is the example of how an amateur magician came up with an “improved” method for the original routine, and the specific reasons why these changes weaken the effect.

magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3837 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Ordered 2 weeks ago from Lulu. Still no shipping confirmation.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2020, magicinsight wrote:

Try contacting LuLu support. That’s what I did and my order shipped the next day.

magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3837 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2020, Stunninger wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2020, magicinsight wrote:

Try contacting LuLu support. That’s what I did and my order shipped the next day.

Thank you. I will do that.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
I’m temporarily down to the use of one arm and one hand. Typing is difficult. If someone with SECRETS wants to jump in and review a few chapters that would be great.

Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
605 Posts

Profile of Scott
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2020, Stunninger wrote:
I’m temporarily down to the use of one arm and one hand. Typing is difficult. If someone with SECRETS wants to jump in and review a few chapters that would be great.

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Stunninger so far and I hope you recover your arm soon.

Also want to say a huge thanks to everybody who bought a copy of Secrets, I hope you enjoy.

I'd also like a apologise to those who have emailed or PM'd me asking questions about various routines and ideas, unfortunately I've not been very responsive for the past week or so due to coming down with Covid-19.

My wife who works for the NHS tested positive (along with 10 other members of staff) a couple of weeks ago, unfortunately that meant both my son and I also got it. Now I'm 56 and male so it hit me harder than both of them, although they also got it bad.

Believe me guys you need to do everything you can to avoid this if at all possible. If you are lucky you'll be asymptomatic but even if you are not, the mild version that I've had is like the most severe flu I've ever expeirenced.

Stay safe.

no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
754 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Wow. Sorry to hear that Scott -- hope that you are doing better and that your family all recover fully and remain healthy.

I received the book just recently and am starting to go through it. It seems great so far, as expected.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6423 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Very sorry to hear that, Scott. Take good care of yourself. Man, I now have too many stories of friends and people I know that got it. It's very dangerous to play this off as just a flu.

Anyway, although I don't have Secrets, I can truthfully say that everything I've ever gotten from Scott has been golden. Time and time again I've marveled on how many effects, presentations, methods and subtleties, he can come up with using nothing but a stack of blank cards, a pen and a rubber band. It's almost a miracle that one guy can create so much stuff with these simple props. I'm sure the Secrets book is filled with many more amazing effects.

For those that are on the fence: Get anything and everything that Scott puts out. You'll be happy you did.

Please, everyone, stay safe.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SECRETS by Scott Creasey (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL