The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SECRETS by Scott Creasey (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
619 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
Scott:
Also so sorry to hear this, as well. Take care and heal up.

BTW, I ordered this as well. You have become one of my favorite mentalism authors. I'm addicted to your materials and love the way you think about mentalism.

Here's to a speedy recovery,.

Dave
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
Be well, Scott, quick and full recovery to you and your family.
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
605 Posts

Profile of Scott
Thanks for the good wishes guys.

On the mend now, still fatigued by late afternoon most days, but much better than a week ago. Nasty this virus it really takes it out of you.

Treated myself to a decent computer mic and lighting system for Christmas and am intending to put a mentalism Zoom lecture together for the new year, I've done a couple of workshops and one off lectures already but if covid has done one thing for us, it has highlighted how online teaching is accessible to everybody, so hopefully I may get to lecture all over the world from the comfort of my own home.

Cheers guys and thanks for your support

Scott.
Scott Creasey - Mind Reader

Original Routines With A Mental Flavour

http://www.mentalmagicism.com/
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3475 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Good wishes for a fast recovery Scott from Downunder. Looking forward to the Zoom lecture in the New Year mate
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2020, Scott wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2020, Stunninger wrote:
I’m temporarily down to the use of one arm and one hand. Typing is difficult. If someone with SECRETS wants to jump in and review a few chapters that would be great.

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Stunninger so far and I hope you recover your arm soon.

Also want to say a huge thanks to everybody who bought a copy of Secrets, I hope you enjoy.

I'd also like a apologise to those who have emailed or PM'd me asking questions about various routines and ideas, unfortunately I've not been very responsive for the past week or so due to coming down with Covid-19.

My wife who works for the NHS tested positive (along with 10 other members of staff) a couple of weeks ago, unfortunately that meant both my son and I also got it. Now I'm 56 and male so it hit me harder than both of them, although they also got it bad.

Believe me guys you need to do everything you can to avoid this if at all possible. If you are lucky you'll be asymptomatic but even if you are not, the mild version that I've had is like the most severe flu I've ever expeirenced.

Stay safe.

Thank you, Scott.

Sorry to hear you and your family got Covid. Hope you all recover fully and quickly.
AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews can be found by doing a cafe search
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My review continues...

Collective Dreams (pages 89 - 98)

A very clever effect using three small envelopes and three double blank cards.

The spectator thinks of a friend and writes their name on one of the cards, which is then put into one of the envelopes. The other two envelopes contain cards which the Mindreader has already written on. The spectator is asked to imagine a scenario and make choices along the way, which are not written down or spoken. Their choices exist only in their mind. When the visualization exercise is complete, the Mindreader explains he went through the same exercise the day before and wrote down what he saw on two of the cards, which have been in full view. One at a time he opens the two envelopes, removes the cards, and what he has written matches what the subject has only imagined. He then reveals the name of the friend the subject wrote down before removing her card from the last envelope.

Scott combines a known principle of mentalism with two new ones to create an effect that seems completely impossible. I look forward to performing this one.
AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6423 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Scott somehow can fill a warehouse of ideas with just some double bank cards, a few envelopes and a pen. I keep being amazed by how much stuff he can come up with using just these few items.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2020, Greg Arce wrote:
Scott somehow can fill a warehouse of ideas with just some double bank cards, a few envelopes and a pen. I keep being amazed by how much stuff he can come up with using just these few items.

Greg

It’s so true, Greg. I’m equally amazed. And they are all workers, and so deceptive.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My review continues...

Ill-fated Combinations (pages 99 - 102)

Can one strong effect cancel out the believability of your psychic powers? If so, why?

What insight does Scott’s wife share with him on the ride home after seeing a famous mind reader that shocks him?

This chapter reveals one thing you might want to stop doing if your goal is to come across as believable as possible.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Continuing my review:

Scripting (pages 103 - 110)

A fascinating concept is introduced that may enhance the perception of authenticity. Scott takes a technique from literature, and develops it into one which enhances believability for psychic entertainment.

Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
605 Posts

Profile of Scott
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2020, Stunninger wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2020, Greg Arce wrote:

Greg

It's so true, Greg. I'm equally amazed. And they are all workers, and so deceptive.

Thanks guys.

Stunninger, here's a prediction, I think you are going to love 'Remote Tarot' page 187.

For those of you who haven't taken the plunge yet, don't let this next bit put you off. Smile

I recently had an interesting email from someone who is reading Secrets at the moment, here's a snippet.

Quote:
Hey, Scott. Just wanted to say that I am REALLY enjoying reading Secrets. It's probably going to **** some thin-skinned wanna-bees off but, too bad.

You REALLY put into words what I have been thinking for years

Made me smile.

Oh! and if you haven't got your copy yet, you can get 15% off secrets, all my other print on demand books and all my eBooks and instant download video's when you use discount code WINTER15 at checkout. Valid until midnight on the 18th of December. https://www.mentalmagicism.com/

Cheers.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2020, Scott wrote:

Stunninger, here's a prediction, I think you are going to love 'Remote Tarot' page 187.

Scott, This is the absolute truth: just after I posted my last chapter review on 13 December, I was paging through the remaining chapters and Remote Tarot jumped out at me. I only read the first page where Richard Webster says this one effect is worth thousands of dollars. I said to myself, “Really looking forward to this one.” This was the day before you posted your comment above.

That’s either an eerie coincidence, or you somehow read my mind.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My review continues:

For the Love of Pi (pages 111 - 120)

Effect: The performer explains that Pi is an amazing number in which all possible number combinations exist, including all of their telephone numbers, social security numbers, bank account addresses, etc. - past, present and future. He then opens a folded piece of paper showing the first six digits of Pi in large font, followed by the next two thousand digits in smaller font, in groups of five, on front and back of the sheet.

The performer has highlighted four of the five digit numbers, two on the front, two on the back. Six random members of the audience are called on, each shouting out a random one digit number. These are written down to create a single six digit number.

The sheet of paper with four five digit numbers previously hi-lighted by the performer is passed to different members of the audience who each call out one hilighted number. A volunteer uses their phone calculator to add up the numbers as they are called out. The total matches the six digit number created by the audience.

Anyone in the audience can follow along and add the numbers up on their phone as they are read off. There is only one piece of paper used, and only four numbers hi-lighted. The six digit number called out by six different people, one digit at a time, is completely random.

This is as impossible as it gets.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My review continues:

Bluffing with Confidence (pages 121 - 124)

Method acting applied to psychic entertainment. Plus, an alternative For the Love of Pi handling that simplifies it further, making the effect even more minimalistic.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My review continues:

Bookless Book Test (pages 125 - 130)

Scott offers this vision:

“Wouldn’t a real mind reader just have every member of his audience think of any word that may appear in a standard novel, or a phrase from a favourite book, have another audience member point to one person and then reveal the word he or she is merely thinking of?”

The very cleverly scripted effect that follows creates the perception this is exactly what happens.

The entire audience can participate in this effect, with each person thinking of a word, and that word being an entirely free choice. Three different words are revealed.

I can’t wait to perform this one!

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My review continues:

The Boxed Clown (pages 131 - 135)

This is a seemingly impossible prediction effect where one member of the audience selects three different words from dozens of possibilities, and the words they chose match the mind reader’s prediction which has been in full view the entire show.

This effect uses some fun “eye candy” props for the reveal at the end. As minimalistic as Scott’s recent work has become, I’m a bit surprised by the use of the props. That said, the props used are logical, motivated, and add some fun to the routine. Plus, a member of the audience gets to take one of the props home as a souvenir.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Continuing my review:

The Poor Man’s Dictionary Test (pages 136 - 142)

A delightful demonstration of mind reading using an ungimmicked dictionary. Rather than just revealing the thought of word, Scott has added something more to the routine, making it more interesting, more fun and more deceptive.

This is a really clever effect, using a combination of methods that make backtracking virtually impossible.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
My review continues:

Real World Applications (pages 143 - 145)

Are there ‘real world’ ways to apply the abilities you demonstrate? Do these applications exist already? Can you create them?

This short chapter is utterly fascinating, as it gets to the crux of what separates a nice, entertaining effect from one that your audience may remember for the rest of their lives. Equally important, Scott explains why.

I found this to be one of the most exciting essays so far.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1917 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Continuing my review:

Mirroring Reality (pages 146 - 147)

Why are processes in some effects illogical? What is the underlying cause? Is there an antidote that can be used to eradicate illogical process from the effects we perform?

Short, insightful and powerful essay.

Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
605 Posts

Profile of Scott
Just a quick heads up guys, if Stunninger's excellent reviews haven't swayed you yet, I've added a 15% New year discount to everything on my site.

For more details visit. https://www.mentalmagicism.com/

In the mean time I hope everybody manages to have a happy new year, and let's hope 2021 is better for us all.

Cheers

Scott

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SECRETS by Scott Creasey (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL