The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Treasury by Derek Ostovani (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I am very much interested in purchasing this, but want to gain a better understanding about how much time it takes to prepare each individual bill. So, if anybody owns this I would appreciate your insight about the necessary preparation and whether you like the product based on what you've received.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2020, Jared wrote:
I am very much interested in purchasing this, but want to gain a better understanding about how much time it takes to prepare each individual bill. So, if anybody owns this I would appreciate your insight about the necessary preparation and whether you like the product based on what you've received.

It should only take a couple minutes. Not hard work either. There are a few things you would want to pick up to make it more efficient. I'm still waiting on mine from Amazon. I think the strength of the reveal in the right situation is worth it for sure.

I love the font, the ease of making it, and the tool gives you a few options. As I said above, I'm working on a deck-less method so all I'll need for some occasions are the bills. Strip everything down, and you're revealing a card on their bill in place of the signature. I think presented right, it's a strong moment and this tool makes that effect practical. It really is a, "if you like what you see on the trailer" kind of thing, if you're happy with all of the above.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Much better: Paul Harris's COUNTERFEIT SPECTATOR from 25 years ago.
It's all in the reflexes.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2020, Illucifer wrote:
Much better: Paul Harris's COUNTERFEIT SPECTATOR from 25 years ago.

Brilliant effect.
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
596 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2020, Jared wrote:

Without going into exact detail, I can summarize it into 2 parts, prepping the bill and finishing the bill.

Part 1. The method explained in the instruction video for preparing the bill is basically the same used in Daniel Garcia's Fraud or Josh Janousky's Serialsly. You may already have the materials needed, if not it's a few bucks at walmart or the hardware store.

Part 2. Finishing the bill is where the Treasury device comes in. The device allows you to add 3 possible card reveals to the dollar.

As I mentioned in an earlier comment, the device is a really cool idea. Honestly, I'm surprised someone hasn't released something like this in the past already.
tleong
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
22 Posts

Profile of tleong
Hi, may I kindly ask whether does this only works with US currency? Thanks
derekostovani
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of derekostovani
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Spoiler alert. Dollar bill’s only.

That's not true. You can use any denomination you want. I choose to use dollars b/c I believe they are most common and I use a feature of it in my patter.
derekostovani
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of derekostovani
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2020, tleong wrote:
Hi, may I kindly ask whether does this only works with US currency? Thanks

As long as you can erase the ink on a bill, it works.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
In the time it takes to watch an episode of Seinfeld you can create 100 bills. The effect has the suprise/reaction potential of card to mouth or sponge balls and you give them a dollar bill that they will never spend. For workers and people that perform a lot this is gold.
P3
practice practice perform.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I just got this. The potential to add a few more options in the gimmick was missed. I wonder why they didn't use all spaces?
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
How’s the switch on this?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Treasury by Derek Ostovani (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL