The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Revamp - Nicholas Lawrence (70 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
thecromulent
View Profile
Veteran user
Brooklyn, NY
390 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2020, thecromulent wrote:
This looks great:

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/14588

Agreed. It looks terrific. I wonder how well the gimmick will hold up with repeated use.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Assumed US currency only. Looks good.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Looks good !
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of NicholasLawrenceMagic
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2020, pegasus wrote:

Thanks Pegasus, It comes with US $1 Gimmick but can be made up with your currency. I’ve made them In Japanese Yen, British pounds and Mexican Peso’s.. they all worked great. I’d imagine Canadian money would work too, even though they have the window on their bills and un-tearable plastic.. I’d simply make it apart of the presentation.
“There’s been a lot of counterfeit bills around, you can tell if it tears easily...”
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

^^^ the DIY needed for custom bills isn’t that difficult. It’s worth it and will last quite a long time once made up.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I ordered dude, better be great.

David Wax
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Looks similar to Deposit by Marcus Eddy, though Deposit doesn’t allow for examination of the bill by spectators.

Jim
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I have deposit & for the restoration you have to wave your hand over the torn area. Revamped looks more visual the torn corner seems to just visual jump to the torn area & the bill is restored ! 40.00 though hmmm.....
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2020, tophatter wrote:
I have deposit & for the restoration you have to wave your hand over the torn area. Revamped looks more visual the torn corner seems to just visual jump to the torn area & the bill is restored ! 40.00 though hmmm.....

Indeed. Order with caution. Would love to know how effective this is with Sterling currency in that it’s transparent and very plastic.
Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2020, NicholasLawrenceMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2020, pegasus wrote:

Thanks Pegasus, It comes with US $1 Gimmick but can be made up with your currency. I’ve made them In Japanese Yen, British pounds and Mexican Peso’s.. they all worked great. I’d imagine Canadian money would work too, even though they have the window on their bills and un-tearable plastic.. I’d simply make it apart of the presentation.
“There’s been a lot of counterfeit bills around, you can tell if it tears easily...”

How about Euros?
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
I took the bait and will report as soon as it arrives . . . . I have to have more things to do in my mirror and amaze myself during these COVID times . . .
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
stevenm0519
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of stevenm0519
Curious about this one myself wonder if it can be used with extreme burn locked and loaded
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
If you watch the second trailer you can figure it out (sort of) but honestly still looks great and the method that I am guessing seems quite practical. Look forward to receiving it.
Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
“ The bill you tear is the bill they examine. “

Hmmm...
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2020, Sophocles wrote:

Hmmm...

Yes but my speculation is that your one hand will be dirty. Just speculating....
Check out Bafflingbob.com
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 23, 2020, Sophocles wrote:

Hmmm...

Someone mentioned the price above... “$40 hmmm” .... is that expensive for a handmade prop? Also your’e learning the secret that another human designed. Not Only that, if visually restoring a bill isn’t worth the price but maybe the fact that it’s completely and instantly examined?! This has never been done before and Is what give merit for release.. I think if you believe $40 is expensive for a brand new unseen effect you don’t value magic secrets and the process of creating magic.

So, Let me comment about the quoted comment above. When I said “ The bill you tear is the bill they examine” it’s essentially true.. do I actually tear a bill? No. It’s a pre torn gimmick that blends in with a normal bill, which is then removed effortlessly with nothing sticky ect utilizing my signature dismount , as seen with a few of my pre-existing products. So the bill they see torn in their mind is the bill they examine because it’s the one I was holding (Fake Tear with real torn gimmick) the entire time without ever needed to switch it before the examination. Though, if you wanted you can also borrow a bill and even though you switch and give them back a different bill, and they will have No clue.. this is a very strong route, when you borrow a bill you simply execute an under the wallet switch for your pre-set Revamp bill/gimmick, perform the effect and then give them back an entirely different bill without having to switch it again.. this being very convincing because in their eyes they seen you tear their bill and very cleanly hand it back to them without switching. Yes you’ll need to palm the gimmick which is a little bigger than a mini playing card..

An under used or thought of application with Revamp for the real workers out there: Borrow a Bill from the audience, you already need to switch the bill anyways to maybe match a serial number or something.. so switch for a Revamp setup bill.. Now you can say “I wanna make sure your bill isn’t counterfeit” proceed to tear the bill and before they know it, quick restored the bill... if someone is on the stage or standing close to you casually have them hold on to the bill (Essentially examining) while you fetch your next prop ect.. this is one of those random moments that make you seem just that much more interesting and magical.. as a magician it’s important to take advantage of any situation and also make it more interesting and magical..
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Thanks NicholasLawrenceMagic. No need to defend the price. For performers it is fine IMHO. The value to me of this effect is in concert with anything else I will do with a bill. Much better as a "test" to see if the bill is real, and then vanish the entire bill and appear in lemon, or produce the serial number, etc. To that end it is an unbelievable magical moment. Thank you for joining in the convo here.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Agree with Star Manager.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
And Nicholas of course
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Revamp - Nicholas Lawrence (70 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL