The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A new way to promote magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I for one welcome our Flying Drone Monkey Overlords.

Really, did anyone really think this technology wouldn't be turned against us as soon as it was in the hands of domestic LE?

As all military weaponry eventually is.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I send nothing but good thoughts towards our courageous, heroic Flying Drone Monkey Overlords.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Another good idea to promote magic is psychological warfare, which seems to work great:

https://evidencenotfear.com/how-sage-and......-public/

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Interesting paper, tommy, but I don't think the article makes sufficient distinction between amplifying the truth and amplifying a lie. In my opinion they are not in the same moral category.

Speaking of amplification, I just saw on my tv that the Ad Council (a supposedly non-political group of pr people) is going to be spending bunches of money to produce ads to persuade people to get vaccinated. As far as I'm concerned I don't need ads with touching "relatable" family stories to "persuade" me one way or the other. What I need is uncensored easily accesible data, to know side effects, testing data, efficacy in various populations, and death rates in various populations, including seniors and those with various pre-existing conditions, so that I can make up my own mind.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Illusions are distortions of the truth as opposed to complete lies. One can create an illusion by exaggerating the effects of some real or plausible phenomena. Magicians often do so with patter but they exaggerate so much that the assertion cannot be taken seriously. Still, the audience go along with it for their amusement. The magician then creates another sort of illusion with his experiment by distorting the physical truth to prove the first illusion true. It is much like a joke, with set-up and a punch-line. In magic, they do not get-it, rather it derives its humour from the absurdity of nonsense appearing to make sense. The war, the fight, the conflict between the illusion they know is false and illusion that appears true is the drama of it. Amplification, exaggeration can turn things into magical things. i.e. With amplification one can transform an ordinary telephone into a magical telephone, one with which one can converse with not only ordinary people but also with the gods and have a laugh with them about what is going on.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A new way to promote magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL