The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Switch Board by Martin Andersen (131 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..22~23~24 [Next]
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

Profile of Martin Andersen
Just sent update to all batches. Im going offline this week to center all my attention on finishing production Smile
No, I dont know what im doing. Nowbody knows what im doing. Thats why its called investigation.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2021, Martin Andersen wrote:
Just sent update to all batches. Im going offline this week to center all my attention on finishing production

What is the reason for further delay in delivery for Batch #3 ?

As I understand today's e-mail, the boards have not even been produced yet ?
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

Previous factory don't want to produce this board anymore. This is not a simple circuit as you suggested some time ago Smile
We have 2 new factories willing to do it, but we first want to make sample with them to ensure quality before starting production.
No, I dont know what im doing. Nowbody knows what im doing. Thats why its called investigation.
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

This is how it looks with an OPTIONAL clear acrylic case:
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2021, Martin Andersen wrote:
This is how it looks with an OPTIONAL clear acrylic case

Looks very classy with the clear acrylic covers and is a good protection option

I did like the bottom from the previous design better though, especially the centered logo
New design seems to have sturdier lamp sockets, hence the extra solder points on the back

Click here to view attached image.
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

Yeah, we improved the lamp sockets according to the feedback of the beta testers. Previous lamp sockets were soldered on the surface of the board. You had to be careful as you could rip the socket from place if not careful. While this ones go through the board and soldered on the back, much more protected and hard to break.
I agree with you that previous design was nicer, but we had to do it this way to make it "foolproof" Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Glad I added the clear case to my order, looks great.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
The short video sold me. I have added the clear acrylic case to my order. I selected pick up at store on checkout. I hope the acrylic case does not delay my order.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Kenco
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Kenco
Wow I want the acrylic case as well, hurry up with the 3 batch I'm dying to have this.
Has anyone received their board from the 1st batch?????????
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2021, Kenco wrote:
Wow I want the acrylic case as well, hurry up with the 3 batch I'm dying to have this.
Has anyone received their board from the 1st batch?????????

not yet
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I am VERY excited by this release. I am in the first wave and have ordered the accessories as well. I have been long fascinated by this trick. I own approximately 10 - 12 of the variations that been sold since Paul Barnhardt came up with the concept and Wellington produced the first models (that Harry Anderson so expertly demonstrated to johnny Carson on the Tonight Show) It certainly seems that Martin and his company have produced what will likely turn out to be the most sophisticated version yet. Great things often come in small packages!
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2021, rhettbryson wrote:
I am VERY excited by this release. I am in the first wave and have ordered the accessories as well. I have been long fascinated by this trick. I own approximately 10 - 12 of the variations that been sold since Paul Barnhardt came up with the concept and Wellington produced the first models (that Harry Anderson so expertly demonstrated to johnny Carson on the Tonight Show) It certainly seems that Martin and his company have produced what will likely turn out to be the most sophisticated version yet. Great things often come in small packages!

wow lucky!!!!!!! ive always loved this effect but have never owned it until this version! (im wave 1 too) I cant freakin wait Smile
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Purchased the acrylic board for protection of the bottom of the boards solder joints might not put on top part...well see once it all arrives
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2021, rhettbryson wrote:

If Rhett is excited I am even more exited to get this Smile
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
WOOT last update before shipping!!!!!

'Hello!

This is the LAST update before shipping begins.

If you have not yet made the purchase of your Switch Board, today is the last day!

Shipping insurance
Several clients have requested it so we have consulted with the transport company and they can offer us loss insurance for a small price, but we will include to all orders at no additional cost!

Acrylic housing
Have you seen the new clear acrylic case we have for the Switch Board?

acrylic case
In this video you can see it from all angles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pU1ySSq_cA
This case is optional and you can buy it on our website, as well as other accessories for the Switch Board.

If you are interested:
Make the purchase here: https://ideaalab.com/en/shop/switch-board-spare-parts-detail
Choose "Free shipping" as shipping method.
We will see your order and ship it along with your Switch Board order.

The next email we send will be next week, once we have sent all the orders

Regards!
Martin Andersen
IDEAA Lab'

good news batch 1ers!
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2021, Magicalos wrote:
If you have not yet made the purchase of your Switch Board, today is the last day!

If not all pre-orders from Batch 1&2 are redeemed is this a chance for Batch 3 candidates ?
Kenco
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Kenco
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2021, Magic Dust wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2021, Magicalos wrote:

If not all pre-orders from Batch 1&2 are redeemed is this a chance for Batch 3 candidates ?

Great question if so I'm ready to take their spot just send me the email and I'll purchase immediately.
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
I think that was last day was to get in as a batch 3....this is a limited production effect afaik
kiketron
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of kiketron
Mine will arrive on Tuesday-Wednesday.
Can’t wait
Step into the unknown
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2021, Magicalos wrote:
I think that was last day was to get in as a batch 3....this is a limited production effect afaik

I don't believe this is a limited production. What is limited is a discounted price to the first customers. After these initial sales it will still be available but at full price.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Switch Board by Martin Andersen (131 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL