The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Switch Board by Martin Andersen (131 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9..12..15..18..21..22~23~24 [Next]
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

Profile of Martin Andersen
Use the picture as a reference. That picture is from the beta tester units. The final product has some changes.
At the moment of purchase everything will be listed and explained. But you are getting MUCH more (and better) than what you see on the picture of the product.
No, I dont know what im doing. Nowbody knows what im doing. Thats why its called investigation.
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2020, Martin Andersen wrote:
Use the picture as a reference. That picture is from the beta tester units. The final product has some changes.
At the moment of purchase everything will be listed and explained. But you are getting MUCH more (and better) than what you see on the picture of the product.

ooooo cant wait to see what goodies arrive!! any news on actual ordering yet?
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 1, 2020, Magicalos wrote:

What do you mean with "actual ordering"?
No, I dont know what im doing. Nowbody knows what im doing. Thats why its called investigation.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Here is a nice foretaste of the electronic wonder package 💡

https://ideaalab.com/images/stories/virt......x480.jpg
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, Martin Andersen wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2020, Magicalos wrote:

What do you mean with "actual ordering"?

when will switchboard be up for ordering...to those that reserved one
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

Oh, when production is almost ready, a couple of days before finishing we will send the discount codes and allow for the final purchase.
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, Martin Andersen wrote:
Oh, when production is almost ready, a couple of days before finishing we will send the discount codes and allow for the final purchase.

any ideas as to when that might be? I'm so anxious Smile
Kenco
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Kenco
If I'm not mistaken when it was first posted the reserve price was $150 US and now because it's the 3rd batch they are reserving at $180 US. I'm interested in reserving it but not gonna pay extra from initial price especially if they are not even available to ship, that's poor business policy.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, Kenco wrote:
If I'm not mistaken when it was first posted the reserve price was $150 US and now because it's the 3rd batch they are reserving at $180 US. I'm interested in reserving it but not gonna pay extra from initial price especially if they are not even available to ship, that's poor business policy.

You are mistaken.

The full retail price has always been 210€ (about $254 at current exchange rates). The first two batches (two batches of 50 units each) were offered at a discounted price of 159€ (about $192). The third batch (another 50 units) is being offered at 179€ (about $216).

This Switch Board was NEVER offered for $150 US.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

Thanks Mark, your information is right.
draupnir
View Profile
New user
Texas
69 Posts

Profile of draupnir
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2020, emyers99 wrote:
I know i’m going to buy this even though I already have one that i’ve never used and I know i’ll never use this one. Someone talk me off the ledge
draupnir
View Profile
New user
Texas
69 Posts

Profile of draupnir
Sorry I didn’t mean to quote that last post of mine! I guess that’s what happens when I fall asleep searching the forums on my phone Smile

Anyway as far as this effect is concerned the construction looks absolutely gorgeous. As an engineer I can see so many uses for this among friends and colleagues especially with the simplicity of the design and the feel of the board. Hopefully I can snag one of the 3rd runs! I do have one quick question though. When will the source code be available to play around with?
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, draupnir wrote:
Anyway as far as this effect is concerned the construction looks absolutely gorgeous. As an engineer I can see so many uses for this among friends and colleagues especially with the simplicity of the design and the feel of the board. Hopefully I can snag one of the 3rd runs! I do have one quick question though. When will the source code be available to play around with?

Thanks for the recognition Smile we are specially proud of the simple look. And we know this will have a good imapct on "regular" people, but can greatly disturb engineer or other people with electronic/technical background.
At the end of the promo video we have a special disclaimer about this Smile
draupnir
View Profile
New user
Texas
69 Posts

Profile of draupnir
Oh yeah one of my coworkers I do research with (molecular dynamics simulations) is going to enjoy seeing this effect! Well he will enjoy it after his brain stops hurting I guess lol
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
I suspect that the lamps can no longer light up after removing the battery

I am not an electronics man but is some kind of capacitor not possible ?
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

We have very tight space restrictions. The board is 1.6mm thick. That is 1/16 of an inch. Smile
Moreover, that is an original effect from PVL Brilliant SwitchBox. first we don't want to ripoff their effect. Second, to be honest, I don't see it that magical. In fact, I think its giving away that there must be something hidden somewhere. Just my thought
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

Quote:
I do have one quick question though. When will the source code be available to play around with?

Source code will be available in the online instructions, you can access as soon as you receive the product.
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Martin Andersen wrote:
Quote:
I do have one quick question though. When will the source code be available to play around with?

Source code will be available in the online instructions, you can access as soon as you receive the product.

does it come with the clips well need to interface with it? or anything related to editing code on it?
Martin Andersen
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
158 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Magicalos wrote:
does it come with the clips well need to interface with it? or anything related to editing code on it?

No, programming your unit will be maybe for less than 1% of magicians. So including clips and programmer would increase the cost and almost nobody would use it, or even cause confusion on other 99%.
We will have them available to purchase if you want. And also we will give diagram and instructions in case you want to do it yourself.
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2020, Martin Andersen wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Magicalos wrote:

No, programming your unit will be maybe for less than 1% of magicians. So including clips and programmer would increase the cost and almost nobody would use it, or even cause confusion on other 99%.
We will have them available to purchase if you want. And also we will give diagram and instructions in case you want to do it yourself.

ah gotcha looking forward for this!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Switch Board by Martin Andersen (131 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9..12..15..18..21..22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL