The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » REGAL COLOR CHANGING KNIVES (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
786 Posts

Profile of David Regal
In the spirit of the season FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9DGCo9hr3o

...and my routine can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O07tX7T7uWI

...but in the instructions I teach more than the routine - I teach many sequences and moves that can be done with the set.

STAY SAFE - STAY HAPPY - STAY WELL!
loudini1972
View Profile
New user
Central New Jersey
81 Posts

Profile of loudini1972
Very nice David! I will be definitely picking this up.

Does it come with a carrying case?
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
786 Posts

Profile of David Regal
The knives are packaged in foam, each kept separate from the other via die-cut receptacles. When it's time to perform they are put in your pockets!
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
786 Posts

Profile of David Regal
From Richard Méndez:

I've been watching David Regal's product reviews on Reel Magic Quarterly for years so I feel it's time I do a quick one for him myself. These just arrived in today's post and are so f'n nice but precisely what I've been conditioned to expect from a professional who creates for fellow professionals!!! David never spares any expense when it comes to his products and packaging. The knives are the perfect size, weight and dimensions and handle like a dream. The stag handles allow easy identification in the pockets by touch. They are single bladed with stainless steel blades and bolster and the perfect example of getting precisely or more than you paid for. There is a hell of a lot of value in this package and it comes with the highest of recommendations.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
786 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Okay... I'm going to try and do something I've never done... here it goes:

Now I'm going to try and do it for the second time in my life:

Okay, that was a day's work. I need a beer. Oh, here's a direct link if you have additional interest in getting these:

https://davidregal.com/david-regals-color-changing-knives/

XO
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2476 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Nice routine David.

David Wax
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
996 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2020, Xcath1 wrote:
Nice routine David.

David Wax

Very nice, indeed!
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
David is a great guy and I suggest that some of us pick up a set of these fine knives.

Do it for David!
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1669 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
I got this wonderful set of color changing knives from David the other day and recommend them highly.

Like many magicians, over the years I've had various sets, among them: Merrill, Scotty York (disliked the shape and finish), Daryl (too wide for an easy paddle move), and Joe Mogar (excellent). At a Magic Castle swap meet I also got to play around with the legendary Sanders knives (surprisingly, not exceptional in handling).

One feature that elevates the Regal knives is that they are substantial. They don't look small and thin in my fairly large hands, and the changes really show, even at some distance.

Yet the knives are quite easy to handle. The paddle move, through-the-hand sequences, the twirl change, and other moves are a genuine pleasure to do. The fourth knife gives the routine an ending, always a plus (!). In my case, I do a variation of Steve Draun's routine.

As David Regal notes, his knives look like ones you'd find in a drawer at home, or maybe in a display case at a hardware store. They don't look unusual, which can sometimes draw suspicious attention.

I'm genuinely thrilled to have these color changing knives. Fun to use, they tick all the boxes.
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
325 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
The knives look great - but I’m really not sure about a routine involving stabbing. Certainly wouldn’t use that here in the UK - even as tongue in cheek 😳
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1669 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2020, D J Hawkins wrote:
I’m really not sure about a routine involving stabbing.

No. And David's patter about not wearing white after Labor Day is creative and funny, but outside of The Hamptons will be lost on spectators, I think.

I'm guessing most magicians have their own routines and presentations to use with color changing knives. There are tons to explore: Steve Draun, Michael Skinner, Daryl, Johnny Thompson, Magick Balay, Joe Mogar (whose instructional DVD is comprehensive), etc. etc.

Cheers,
Jerry
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4093 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I’ve never had any interest in this plot because pocket knives are no longer a common object, at least for the crowds I perform for, and I’ve always felt it lacked a logical patter and a good climax. But I have to say David’s labor day patter made me smile. Pretty clever.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Daren
Here is an alternative presentation that David gave me

What if the knives were left to you by your mysterious uncle, in his will, with one stipulation: you can only use the black knife..." You thought he was kidding, but every time you tried to carry the white knife with you, it changed places with the black one! So the knives do their thing for a few beats, and you can get to end by saying: "I don't know where these freaky knives came from, because there were no markings anywhere... but I'm guessing Switzerland."
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

I took the plunge. Just could not resist that fantastic set of knives!

I have seen many sets over many years and I really like some of those sets very much but this set appears to be in a class by itself for a variety of reasons.

The number of knives you get, the Swiss Army looking one which is terrific IMHO, the very recognizable design/shape of the knives, and reasonable price for the set.

David puts out great stuff and this is no exception! Looking forward to receiving and handling them.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1669 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
If you do Scotty York's varied and entertaining routine, David Regal's set is perfect.

I'd guess the Regal knives also show up well for online shows.

For encyclopedic instruction on color changing knives -- moves, variations of moves, routines, vanishes, and more -- get Joe Mogar's "Chameleon Knives" DVD.

It's nice to see interest sparked in this classic close-up effect.

Cheers,
Jerry
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3310 Posts

Profile of warren
In the end I couldn't resist as I thought they would make an ideal Christmas present to myself Smile
Magical Moments
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

You cannot go wrong with the purchase of this set of knives!

David has a tendency to only put out terrific magic. I have always been very pleased with everything of his I ever bought. Magic I actually use and have fun using.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5161 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2020, Magical Moments wrote:
You cannot go wrong with the purchase of this set of knives!

David has a tendency to only put out terrific magic. I have always been very pleased with everything of his I ever bought. Magic I actually use and have fun using.

I do agree and Love David's magic! These knives do look great but unfortunately in these difficult times I have to stick with my $10 Empire knife set. I cannot justify spending $125.00 for a set since my old Empire set works and handles perfectly for me. Though I am sure people who purchase these will not be disappointed with how they handle.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
786 Posts

Profile of David Regal
A GIFT FOR SOMEONE ELSE...

It's been a tough time for many people this year. It's hard for me to believe, but in just one week I have earned back my investment in my color-changing knife sets. And the reaction by those who have received them has been extraordinary. As a "thank you," and to make this year a little better for some people, I will be giving away ten sets of the knives via a raffle. This notice is your invitation to enter the raffle.

The catch: You will not be entering for yourself. You will be entering for someone else - someone to whom you'd like to give a gift. That's my Holiday/Pandemic season tie-in.

If you would like to enter, drop me a note at david@davidregal.com . In the note, nominate someone for the raffle and say, briefly, why it is you'd like them to receive a set of color-changing knives. On December 12, noon Pacific Time, I will do a Facebook live thing and randomly select ten entries. I will read the name of the recipient, the person who nominated the recipient, and the reason why the nominator chose the recipient (so keep this in mind in your entry).

In the note you send, please include the email of the person you would like to gift, so that I have a means of reaching them. Neither you nor your giftee are required to watch the live feed in order to win.

I hope this small gesture can put a smile on a few faces.

Keep well and stay happy,

David Regal
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3837 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2020, David Regal wrote:
A GIFT FOR SOMEONE ELSE...

It's been a tough time for many people this year. It's hard for me to believe, but in just one week I have earned back my investment in my color-changing knife sets. And the reaction by those who have received them has been extraordinary. As a "thank you," and to make this year a little better for some people, I will be giving away ten sets of the knives via a raffle. This notice is your invitation to enter the raffle.

The catch: You will not be entering for yourself. You will be entering for someone else - someone to whom you'd like to give a gift. That's my Holiday/Pandemic season tie-in.

If you would like to enter, drop me a note at david@davidregal.com . In the note, nominate someone for the raffle and say, briefly, why it is you'd like them to receive a set of color-changing knives. On December 12, noon Pacific Time, I will do a Facebook live thing and randomly select ten entries. I will read the name of the recipient, the person who nominated the recipient, and the reason why the nominator chose the recipient (so keep this in mind in your entry).

In the note you send, please include the email of the person you would like to gift, so that I have a means of reaching them. Neither you nor your giftee are required to watch the live feed in order to win.

I hope this small gesture can put a smile on a few faces.

Keep well and stay happy,

David Regal

Kindness and generosity are never forgotten with time.

Thank you.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » REGAL COLOR CHANGING KNIVES (9 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL