The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Guesses on Prof BC's new effect... (160 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Can Seth actually do a unboxing video post unboxing? Wouldn't that technically be a re-unboxing video, which I believe would also entail a rare un-unboxing prior to the re-unboxing.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2021, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Can Seth actually do a unboxing video post unboxing? Wouldn't that technically be a re-unboxing video, which I believe would also entail a rare un-unboxing prior to the re-unboxing.

Been inhaling that incense candle again.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
How about a deboxing?
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I think only a priest or Rabbi can perform a deboxing......😜
Maybe a unboxing autopsy (or autopsy unboxing) video since a thigh bone is involved.....
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Here are some Reeboks with the legs still attached: https://www.zalando.nl/reebok-classic-re......a11.html

Sorry, too cheesy...
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2021, Merlinsmagic wrote:
I think only a priest or Rabbi can perform a deboxing......😜
Maybe a unboxing autopsy (or autopsy unboxing) video since a thigh bone is involved.....

Talking about unboxing makes me nervous. Did it once and had to start giving a 'Bring 'Em Back Alive Guarantee's. If we bury your loved one and they are still alive, we will refund your funeral cost. But the warranty is void when the seal on the coffin is broken.

In my defense, he was a politician, and we all know you can't believe a politician, even when they say that ain't dead.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Curious to hear/see any previews or reviews now maybe that some have "bone in hand"...?
Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
844 Posts

Profile of roblane
“Bone in hand?” Oo er missus! Mine reached UK customs at 23.50 last night and went through by 9.30 this morning. They certainly didn’t wanna hold on to it.....
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Okay, I finally got around to doing the video this afternoon, and here it BE:

https://youtu.be/U_ZsfVEb8PY

Seth
PhantomStranger
View Profile
New user
Tri-State Area
97 Posts

Profile of PhantomStranger
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2021, Seth speaks wrote:
Okay, I finally got around to doing the video this afternoon, and here it BE:

https://youtu.be/U_ZsfVEb8PY

Seth

This was awesome to see Seth, great job and thanks for sharing!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
The effect at the end was mind-blowing. Not sure how it was accomplished without camera trickery, but we now have a better insight into the magical genius that is you.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Thanks so much, guys! First video I've ever created, edited, or published anywhere. I mean, aside from just posting iPhone snippets on FB and stuff. (Took me about an hour yesterday to learn iMovie basics; so easy and intuitive, just click and drag...) Just a warning to viewers of my video--it's ten minutes of your life you won't ever get back... Smile

I think it will get easier as it goes, so I'm planning some more reviews--next in line is Psycho Seance, which I promised WitchDoc Chris forever ago (SO sorry!!), and also The Bellon Visual Stack, which finally allowed my crappy brain to memorize a stack in like two days a few months ago, and I haven't forgotten it yet...

But not to derail this thread... Ossuary is SO HIGHLY recommended. I think it is one that won't be performed often, but more for special occasions. I showed it to my youngest daughter last weekend, and she was mesmerized by the sloooow drop of the pearl!

I also forgot to mention this on the video, but that I think Ossuary might go well with BOG from Vic at Gemini as they both have certain principles and props in common. I don't have it yet (will grab it when I can) and there may be issues with the size of the musket balls or something, but I feel that could be worked around with a little creativity. A werewolf tale... perhaps the bone is purported to be from the actual Beast of Gévaudan..? (Anyone with both effects care to weigh in on whether it would work?)

Additionally, I think it would actually be great for kids shows! I've done occasional pre-Covid shows for my girl's classes (I have one clip on FB my wife shot of me warming up a classroom with Mark Strivings' Rubber Chicken Monte--they went insane!!) and I will certainly be bringing this next time! As an ancient bone, it is a scientific curiosity, and then dropping a black bead in one end and having it drop out as a gold bead, or having it disappear... I think they would love it and it could be very funny! Any science teacher should also pick this up... and get ready to be the most popular teacher in the district! This leaves the standard Lenz's Law tube experiment in the DUST...

Anyway, thanks again for the kind words. Ossuary is going quickly... grab it before you regret it!

Seth
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Great vid Seth ! Saving up for this & hopefully before it sells out.....the bone does look awesome & the slow ball does look creepy as all hell, I think you just kicked up sales for the remainder of these.

However now my extreme grievance with you is your "What's in my wallet" routine not in manual - you've just increase the value 10 fold !! Hopefully the price doesn't skyrocket to $6666.66 per.....🤪🤣🤣🤣🤣
Seriously though Seth, loved your vid & now more than ever I want one !!!!
Thanks for the non unboxing with lil demo 😁
bubbles
View Profile
New user
The 5th Dimension
99 Posts

Profile of bubbles
Seth,

Thank you for making that video. It sounded amazing just from the description and pictures on the Lebanon Circle site, but seeing it in someone's hands you get a much better sense of scale and of what you can accomplish with it.
I look forward to future videos.
davfreeman
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of davfreeman
Seth great video. Ossuary is amazing and I have been thinking the same thing about combining it with the bog. I have ossuary but not the bog. It has been sold out on the Gemini Artifacts website for a while now. I would also like to hear from someone with both in case they come back available in the future.
Doc Ben
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
261 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2021, bubbles wrote:
Seth,

Thank you for making that video. It sounded amazing just from the description and pictures on the Lebanon Circle site, but seeing it in someone's hands you get a much better sense of scale and of what you can accomplish with it.
I look forward to future videos.

OMG, thanks so much for the video. It so changed my perception of the large size of the bone, which I did not appreciate from the Leb Circ site (Dan should add a pic of so one one holding it to show the size!) My mind is reeling now as I had written off it being in my budget. Now may have to re-tweak as I am already 🤔 ng of performance options which fit my performance genre. I love my JTR routines (From Hell v.2 etc) so thinking , what if a "haunted bone of a Ripper victim and pearls or jewelry remnants ,(the balls) as trophies from victims?! Also I have my Titanic (Whitestar) and Fathoms routines, wherein would fit the "found haunted bone of a Titanic victim" and the odd-acting pearls, jewelry ball remnants?!
Seth, your video will cause a sell-out soon I am sure!
Smile
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" (the original F. Baum)
Doc Ben
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
261 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
Oh, and we thought an old English coin or a satanic Jewelry piece in a chain pendant was "cool" for bizarre pendulum m effects? How about a haunted human thigh bone dangling on a cord for pendulum effects?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Seth, can the lanyard / aiglet be used as a pendulum, or are the proportion and weight wrong? I'm guessing the cord is too thick, but just curious.
Doc Ben
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
261 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2021, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Seth, can the lanyard / aiglet be used as a pendulum, or are the proportion and weight wrong? I'm guessing the cord is too thick, but just curious.

If the cord/lanyard is too short or too thick, just substitute a long enough thin non-magnetic chain let through the limb and try as a pendulum?
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Thanks, everyone, for the positive feedback! Happy some found it helpful in making a decision.

Greg, that’s a good thought, but the lanyard is pretty thick, and the brass aiglet is decorative and very light, so I don’t see it working very well as a pendulum.

I will add, however, that this kit is ripe for adding various props and dressing of your own (and you may be doing so, at Prof BC’s suggestion, for at least one of the routines) so I can totally see adding in a primitive or ritualistic item that can be used as a pendulum.

Seth
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Guesses on Prof BC's new effect... (160 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL