The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Part Of Your Everyday Carry (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi All,

Super proud to release my first effect with my son Harry. We choose a premise that we both love and have created a modern effect that we carry with us everywhere.

Here are just a few of comments from people who own it.

"This is one of most organic version of this method that I have ever seen! Trust me, you will never leave home without it!”
Luca Volpe

"Contactless is a direct and versatile effect. Versatile enough to be used as a straightforward prediction, influence or my favourite, in conjunction with a psychic reading, yes it’s possible.

A great opener casual performance piece that’s so small and dare I say ‘natural/organic’ you have no excuse not to carry it with you at all times"

Mick Wilson

"Contactless is a great modern twist on a classic piece of Mentalism. I will carry this with me all the time, always ready to get great reactions with a first class piece of psychological magic"

Michael J Fitch

You can find out more here https://www.alakazam.co.uk/contactless-b......rdi.html

Regards

Peter
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Not a very catchy name -"Part Of Your Everyday Carry".
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Martin Pulman wrote:

The whole add needs work! What is it??? If you catch me with some interesting detail (besides friend appraisals) about it, I'll go watch the demo...if it sounds interesting to me. To much competition out there with new effects, gotta do better than this.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Quote:

The actual name is Contactless Martin but I suspect you knew that you cheeky chap! Smile

Peter
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, Peter Nardi wrote:
Quote:

The actual name is Contactless Martin but I suspect you knew that you cheeky chap! Smile

Peter

Hi Peter,

Hope you're good. You should write a book about the method underpinning this. It could be the definitive tome on the subject!
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I would call it Harry Carry. Unless, it sucked, then Hairy Carry.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Interesting as long as it's not multiple outs
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, warren wrote:

Of course it is. But that shouldn't diminish interest. Multiple outs is one of the best methods ever created.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Well I still get fantastic reactions from 'Andy Nymans' Killer elite so why not,not for all but for some yes,quick sharp and too the point.
ScarneAce
View Profile
Regular user
In a Galaxy far, far away...
150 Posts

Profile of ScarneAce
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2020, warren wrote:

It's pretty obvious its multiple outs, I guess that the wallet and the bill can't be inspected/opened/turned over...

Good idea but don't think its worthy of a £30 effect, this would have been better as a cheap download since you can buy those wallets on ebay for $5
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Yeah, I don't get it. You could do the same thing with the wallet you have now, a bill, and three cards. What does this offer?
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
The wallet possibly on the same lines as 'Killer Elite' might be the reason for an out ,so buying one and having to do something?.
music
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of music
Reminds me of an old but very good trick I believe was called "Mind Control", it was 3 cards with a different color on each card, instead of a wallet there was a pay envelope.
ScarneAce
View Profile
Regular user
In a Galaxy far, far away...
150 Posts

Profile of ScarneAce
It's also just not that strong an effect. if you're always going to carry something, do digital force bag, or carry b'wave in your wallet, crazy mans handcuffs, even color monte is stronger than this.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
[quote]On Dec 4, 2020, music wrote:
Reminds me of an old but very good trick I believe was called "Mind Control", it was 3 cards with a different color on each card, instead of a wallet there was a pay envelope.

https://www.magictricks.com/mind-control.html
stp
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of stp
Received mine yesterday. It indeed passed the 'smell test', and great quality. The wallet can be examined if you like. I only have to check which cards I can use or that I need to use different/smaller stickers. The cards I want to use (cards I actually use) aren't suitable to stick the supplied stickers on. They will cover up parts on the back which may cause problems (e.g. cant stick it my driving license since it will cover important info no matter were I stick it). I will continue the search for suitable cards. Great trick and simple to follow. I like it.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I applaud the attempt to make this more "organic", but what are the stickers supposed to be? Are they seen as ordinary everyday items among the young 'uns?
stp
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of stp
I was just thinking, also to solve my sticker problem without stickers, maybe a prop could be added to the wallet, like a (car)key (not that if a carkey but a keycard, maybe I can find an older carkey) If you make the reveal, you open the wallet and let the key fall out (or another prop which makes it plausible to store in a wallet). You can show the wallet to be emtpy after the reveal. Maybe there is also another combination prop vs card.

Or maybe even better: I make sure I use only one card with a photo of myself and add a small photo (maybe the same if you have one) in the wallet and on the back I write in text the cards they didn't choose. Then you can fist tell them they choose the only card which has your picture and as a kicker you can proof it by showing the back
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
I'd still like someone to explain what is being offered here.

Why not just put down a business card, a library card, and a credit card on the table, and then use multiple outs:

If they pick the Credit Card, you turn over all the cards and on the back of the credit card, in the signature line it says, "You will choose the credit card."

If they select the business card, then you open your wallet and remove your prediction, A duplicate business card with, "You will pick the business card," written on the back. Nothing else is in the wallet.

If they pick the library card you open up the bill you wagered and it says, "You will choose the library card."

You can do this trick with normal objects and a normal wallet, so what does the version being sold allow you to do that the version I just shared doesn't?
stp
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of stp
I might be overthinking a bit indeed. Writing on the back of one of the cards could also be solution instead of using the stickers. The wallet offers, beside just being a nice leather wallet) a way to only carry 3 cards with you (and 1 bill) if that makes sense.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Part Of Your Everyday Carry (19 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL