The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Part Of Your Everyday Carry (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2020, stp wrote:
I might be overthinking a bit indeed. Writing on the back of one of the cards could also be solution instead of using the stickers. The wallet offers, beside just being a nice leather wallet) a way to only carry 3 cards with you (and 1 bill) if that makes sense.

Okay thanks. I'd rather just do it with my normal wallet.
Doric
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Doric
It's like Harry just discovered multiple outs and then released the first trick he thought up using the principle. Alakazam has been hitting them out of the park recently but this is a strike.
ScarneAce
View Profile
New user
Baltimore
83 Posts

Profile of ScarneAce
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2020, Doric wrote:
It's like Harry just discovered multiple outs and then released the first trick he thought up using the principle. Alakazam has been hitting them out of the park recently but this is a strike.

Yup, like his effect Pocket Daydream which was just a copy of an effect from Tarbell.

Looking forward to their next effect involving 21 cards and 3 piles
IanB
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby
211 Posts

Profile of IanB
Once again I find it hard to believe that "named" magicians are giving this positive reviews. It's an awful release.

If you like multiple outs try this. A great product well thought out and entertaining for lay people.

https://billabbottmagic.com/products/pic......ck-olson

Much better value for money and workable unlike this release.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2408 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2020, IanB wrote:
Once again I find it hard to believe that "named" magicians are giving this positive reviews. It's an awful release.

If you like multiple outs try this. A great product well thought out and entertaining for lay people.

https://billabbottmagic.com/products/pic......ck-olson

Much better value for money and workable unlike this release.

Agreed on this release but I'm also not interested in carrying around coasters in a special made case. Maybe just a home made version using business cards would be more organic? Don't know but I am a fan of MO's so I'll keep my eyes peeled for a superior version I guess.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
wanderwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of wanderwizard
Alakazam are a great online magic shop I purchase most of my effects from them,BUT this is way overpriced like a previous pÚst said you can pick up a leather card holder for less than a fiver from EBay or Amazon and stickers for 99p it's pretty obvious what's going on and using the premise you can have this £20 note if I cannot predict which card you are going to choose makes it a strong effect but come on £30 guys !!!!!! in truth only the newish hobbyists are going to purchase it most of us who like it will make our own up
westo
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
515 Posts

Profile of westo
After some thought I've upped this to six cards at the start....seems much stronger to me now.
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
Kenco
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Kenco
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2020, wanderwizard wrote:
Alakazam are a great online magic shop I purchase most of my effects from them,BUT this is way overpriced like a previous pÚst said you can pick up a leather card holder for less than a fiver from EBay or Amazon and stickers for 99p it's pretty obvious what's going on and using the premise you can have this £20 note if I cannot predict which card you are going to choose makes it a strong effect but come on £30 guys !!!!!! in truth only the newish hobbyists are going to purchase it most of us who like it will make our own up

I also use to be a Alakazam fan and would buy most of their products but lately they screwed up my order and were so cold with apology that I decided to just stick with US Dealers. The only UK dealers worth buying from would be Propdog they make things right whenever they make a mistake. RIP Alakazam!!!
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2020, Joe Roberts wrote:
I'd still like someone to explain what is being offered here.

Why not just put down a business card, a library card, and a credit card on the table, and then use multiple outs:

If they pick the Credit Card, you turn over all the cards and on the back of the credit card, in the signature line it says, "You will choose the credit card."

If they select the business card, then you open your wallet and remove your prediction, A duplicate business card with, "You will pick the business card," written on the back. Nothing else is in the wallet.

If they pick the library card you open up the bill you wagered and it says, "You will choose the library card."

You can do this trick with normal objects and a normal wallet, so what does the version being sold allow you to do that the version I just shared doesn't?

Obviously to take your money! It would be great to see some new products that embrace original thinking/methods instead of seeing the market flooded with the same old thing over and over again. What a disappointment.
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1696 Posts

Profile of Ross W
A three-way multiple-out for thirty quid? They are taking the proverbial.

This isn't even all that magical. I've never done B'Wave because it's just a choice of four. Now we are hoping for amazement for guessing right out of three. Who ARE the people in the reviews giving this five stars? I feel sorry for their audiences.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
They nearly lost their minds praising Swindle which is a choice of 2.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Bwave is a classic of close up magic and you are missing a trick if you donít perform that . It may be a 1 in 4 but itís perceived so much stronger with the 2 kickers it has . Itís a great little opener and letís face it people rave about which hand effects which are a 50/50 chance . Layer that correctly though and it absolutely kills too but I agree this effect advertised here looks very lame Gaz 😊
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
I agree that Bwave and many of its variations is a truly classic, magical effect. And yeah the kickers really elevate it. John Bannon's B'rainiac is one of my all time favorites.

I have never understood the appeal of 50/50 effects like Swindle or "which hand". And I guess it must just be me given the huge number of sometimes pricey gimmicks that let you do "which hand".

Anyhow, this release is very underwhelming to me as well.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1696 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I get the arguments in favour of B'wave. It's probably just me.

Which Hand? effects are only impressive with multiple repeats.

(And Swindle? Words fail me: why would ANYONE do this?)
Author.
www.rosswelford.com
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I agree Ross you do need repeats with which hand effects and a kicker premonition reveal imho . I agree swindle doesnít do that either but sometimes the slow building of the chances from luck , coincidence to the dam right impossible is a good way to frame a little set of routines imo Gaz 😊
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1696 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Yes I agree Ross you do need repeats with which hand effects and a kicker premonition reveal imho . I agree swindle doesnít do that either but sometimes the slow building of the chances from luck , coincidence to the dam right impossible is a good way to frame a little set of routines imo Gaz 😊

Well - it always depends on the performer, of course. On its own, though, I can't imagine Swindle being impressive. Nor, indeed - to steer this smoothly back on topic - Contactless.
Author.
www.rosswelford.com
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3363 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2021, CardGuyMike wrote:
I have never understood the appeal of 50/50 effects like Swindle or "which hand". And I guess it must just be me given the huge number of sometimes pricey gimmicks that let you do "which hand'

'Which Hand' isn't 50/50 though? Each succeeding phase -in any halfway decent 'which hand' routine- increases the odds, until it's clear deep powers of influence/psychic powers etc must be in play.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Correct Martin in the routine I do which is 3 phases the odds of being correct in succession is 7/1 or 14.28 % .
So the risk of failure hence then is 86% or as near dam it . Then with an added kicker makes it seem impossible to the audience imo Gaz 😊 .
Anyway back on topic for this effect 😉
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1888 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2020, IanB wrote:

This is known as the old pals act they give Alakazam a good write up and Peter returns the favour when they have something
To sell, this happens all the time !

I normally take mates reviews with a pinch of salt
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4533 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have the upmost respect for IanB in magic , so if he says itís rubbish then itís rubbish itís as pure and simple as that Gaz 😊
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Part Of Your Everyday Carry (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL