The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vision Box 2.0 / João Miranda (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
In 2016 João Miranda invented Vision Box, his original take on the classic card to impossible location plot

Four years later, Vision Box 2.0 is born and has several important technical details that have been improved

https://www.joaomiranda.com/store/index.......ct_id=62

MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
Available to order now at all Murphy's Magic Retailers.

The original was incredible, the 5 new improvements make it even BETTER.
Get all the details here.

https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=68546
loudini1972
View Profile
New user
Central New Jersey
95 Posts

Profile of loudini1972
The first version was so good that I think I will be picking this up as well! I love the fact that you can now fold the card up and place it into the box.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2020, MurphysNEW wrote:
Available to order now at all Murphy's Magic Retailers.

The original was incredible, the 5 new improvements make it even BETTER.
Get all the details here.

https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=68546

I see it's a preorder for Murphy's dealers. Any idea how soon orders will be filled? And, if I preorder from a dealer, will it be dropped-shipped by Murphy's directly to me or will I have to wait for it to ship to the dealer first?

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Joao's original Vision Box was my personal favorite of the wave of card boxes that were released around that same time. I owned every one of them but I kept going back to Vision Box. About the only complaint I remember seeing about it is that it had a solid and opaque bottom rather than being completely transparent on all 6 sides. But IMO this was magicians thinking and never bothered me in the slightest. There are many small boxes that look just like it in the real world so that was always a non-issue.

I’m interested in this 2.0 version but probably won’t get it because I’m still quite happy with the original. It works perfectly, is quite easy to do, and is an absolute fooler. My only nitpick would be the set-up/reset, which is a little less than elegant so addressing that is a nice improvement.
But if the new improvements have no downside AFA how it compares to the original I may consider getting one because there have been a couple routines where I would have liked to be able to place the folded “prediction” card inside the box in full view of the audience as part of my presentation. I understand the 2.0 version allows you to do this.

Nice to see Joao continuing to work and improve his existing product line in an effort to make an already great prop even better.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
I do not own version 1 but I like this new improved version ⭐️

Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Version 1 is brilliant if you need version 2 you are doing version 1 wrong imho as it’s foolproof Gaz 😊
LankyHobo
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:

I see it's a preorder for Murphy's dealers. Any idea how soon orders will be filled? And, if I preorder from a dealer, will it be dropped-shipped by Murphy's directly to me or will I have to wait for it to ship to the dealer first?

Mark

Expected release date is December 18. As the wholesaler Murphy’s ship only to dealers who then ship to you.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2020, LankyHobo wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:

Mark

Expected release date is December 18. As the wholesaler Murphy’s ship only to dealers who then ship to you.

Sorry, that's not 100% accurate. I've had a couple of items that I ordered from Hocus Pocus in Fresno get shipped to me directly from Rancho Cordova (Murphy's location).

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I am interested in this, but God knows how many of these little open prediction boxes I already own. Like others have said, the original was excellent. But my issue was with the reset, which was sort of a deal breaker because I never felt comfortable using it in my strolling work. To reset it you needed adequate lighting and the tool could be easily lost. Frankly, it just wasn't practical for strolling. It is better suited for table-hopping or small parlor shows.

For my strolling work, I choose effects that have either no reset or 'only takes a few seconds' and can done in nearly plain view. That said, I would gladly invest in this if the reset met this criteria. If anybody buys this and can share their thoughts about this I would be most grateful.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
The only thing that puts me off is the need to carry somthing extra for the reset which I would probably end up losing.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I agree. I have and love the original but never perform with it because of the reset. Interested to learn more about the new reset. The Kennedy box might not be as pretty but all it takes is a simple tap and you are good to go again.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
The reset takes literally 1 second according to the new video explaining the improvements.
Love that you can place the prediction in before. That’s awesome!!!!

It’s the 2nd video, scroll down.
https://www.mystiquefactory.com/collecti......94181824

I never owned the original. So I’m more than excited about this new version.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, mikenewman wrote:

I agree with you, am also very excited, my order is done
thecromulent
View Profile
Veteran user
Brooklyn, NY
390 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
Anybody have a sense of when this is going to come out?

Evan
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, thecromulent wrote:
Anybody have a sense of when this is going to come out?

I have read: The official release date is dated 21.12.2020
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, mikenewman wrote:
The reset takes literally 1 second according to the new video explaining the improvements.
Love that you can place the prediction in before. That’s awesome!!!!

It’s the 2nd video, scroll down.
https://www.mystiquefactory.com/collecti......94181824

Thanks for sharing it's as feared though meaning a little something extra you need to carry which could easily be lost.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
For any tiny doodads like this that can easily get lost, I immediately attach them to a loop of strong cord using epoxy and tape if no hole or other means is provided. I can then attach this to a carabiner which I can put on my keychain, attach to a reel on my belt, or simply carry in a pocket. I employ the gas station bathroom key principle to insure I never lose it.

I suppose you could even put one of those beeping key finders on it as well. Which conjures up images of restaurant magicians crawling around on the floor and asking everyone to please shush for just a minute. Smile
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
I’m thinking it’s fairly easy to replace. Make your own? Knowing Joao, he would gladly offer up replacements.

This is very minor for me and not an issue to stop me from buying and performing it.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Improvements look good. Wish they would have added little magnets to make the lid stay on in your pocket. That would have made it perfect
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vision Box 2.0 / João Miranda (32 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL