The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Vision Box 2.0 / Jo„o Miranda (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1725 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Mine arrived today and wow this is great.
Be doing over and over in the mirror fooling myself.

Will take some practice to get the finger placements second nature.

Highly recommended this.
dvno
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of dvno
How difficult is it to only let the prediction fall into your hands? As seen in some trailer?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4968 Posts

Profile of videoman
May be worth mentioning that Dani Daortiz's preferred handling probably lends itself better when performed seated at a table, not that it must be performed that way mind you but I think its easier and looks more natural when picking the box up off a table.

And youíll notice he has the lid already removed, in fact he doesnít appear to use the lid at all. Dani must pick the box up from the table with a finger or fingers going inside of the box prior to the dump.
Since I typically use this in a parlor show setting where I am standing, I like to hold the box up high and display it very clearly with the lid still on it and it makes more sense IMO to remove the card from inside by reaching in with my fingers in that case rather than dumping it out.

So your preferred method may depend in part on the type of performing you do.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2020, videoman wrote:
May be worth mentioning that Dani Daortiz's preferred handling probably lends itself better when performed seated at a table, not that it must be performed that way mind you but I think its easier and looks more natural when picking the box up off a table.

And youíll notice he has the lid already removed, in fact he doesnít appear to use the lid at all. Dani must pick the box up from the table with a finger or fingers going inside of the box prior to the dump.
Since I typically use this in a parlor show setting where I am standing, I like to hold the box up high and display it very clearly with the lid still on it and it makes more sense IMO to remove the card from inside by reaching in with my fingers in that case rather than dumping it out.

So your preferred method may depend in part on the type of performing you do.

Thanks for pointing this out videoman. Hope all is going well my friend! In spite of owning a Clarity Box (which I still love very much), Paragon 3D (which I am not a fan of due the card sticking in the box when you dump it out..I wish I could sell it, but I couldn't in good conscious due to playing with it for a long time to perfect the illusion to no avail..a few M****** broke), and other opaque "boxes" (Mint box which is fragile and Toibox which is brilliant), I wonder how Vision Box 2 will rate against those products.

Also, I wonder how durable this is long term. I am nervous in having to carry a tool to reset.
saverle
View Profile
Elite user
The Netherlands
440 Posts

Profile of saverle
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I have version 1.0 and been playing around with it again the last couple of days and itís fantastic . I canít see how 2.0 will be better as itís perfect as it is and it seems to me itís trying to fix something that ainít broken . Itís an incredible illusion and works wonderfully Gaz 😊

Youíre absolutely right.

I am the fool who had v1 and ordered v2 and really, the differences are minimal.
Yes, the box is sturdier.
No, the gimmick is exactly the same.
The gimmick is 100% the same. You can use it in v1 and in v2.
If you have the thin card provided in v2, you can use it in v1.

You can also buy the 3 extra gimmicks for v1 which were available for v1, as there is not a single difference concerning the gimmick.

And the reset can be accomplished with a m****t attached to a long stick.

For the newcomers v2 is great.
For the owners of v1. Nothing new here.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4418 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thank you for confirming what I thought Gaz 😊
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4088 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I agree. I own both and the differences are minimal at best. No real reason to get v2 if you have v1. Magnetic reset is about it. The more I play with it, the more I like it. But I still wish reset was as quick and easy as the Mystery Box.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Vision Box 2.0 is without a doubt a much better version of the original first edition

The advantages are obvious and undeniable and the video explains this quite clearly

Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4418 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Not from the people who actually have itís not . They are better opinions than a promo of something that they obviously have made to sell . Itís like saying the iPhone XR is a lot different than the iPhone X when basically they are one and the same imo Gaz 😊
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I like the 2.0 better. 1.) the lid fits better than the 1st. 2.) magnetic reset. 3.) my favorite part is can be loaded in front of your spectator.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4418 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Well thatís money well spent by you Iím pleased you prefer it Gaz 😊
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4088 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I am starring at version 1 and version 2 as I'm typing this. If you didn't tell me they were different, I would think they were identical. The lid on version 2 is slightly thicker but other than that, the boxes are identical. I tried the magnetic reset with box 1 and it worked. As for being able to load a full card in front of the spectator, that is because of the cards not the box. So if you have the necessary card, you can use it with version 1 as well. So other than the slight thickness of the lid, the only differences between version one and version two appear to be the accessories that come with the box, not the box itself. If someone wants to buy my version 1, pm me. I've never used it.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4418 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thank you Eric for confirming once again that if you have version 1.0 you do not need version 2.0 as they work exactly the same .
I value your contributions on these boards as they are always honest and correct .
Best wishes Gaz 😊
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4088 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Always happy to help. I canít remember how much version 1 cost but I think version 2 is $15-20 more. You do get a magnetic reset tool and 3 cards (blue, red, blank) with version 2.
ocb
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of ocb
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2020, corpmagi wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2020, Illucifer wrote:
I have to say, Iím not impressed. The removal of the card is very unnatural looking; the placement of the fingers and the sudden, snappy motion of jerking the card from the box looks odd. Tommy Wonderís card box is so much more natural and mysterious. Or, I think a simple paper clip switch (a la Jay Sankey) is much better. I understand if someone wants the aesthetic of a clear box for their routine, but the actions just really stand out as unnatural, in my opinion.

Totally agree with this. Use Sankey's Paperclipped and put it under an inverted wineglass. Same trick, better/easier handling IMO.

Just chiming in as someone who has 2.0 only, I wish the the removal did look more natural (and I guess the original must be the same). Also, placing the fingers in the box in that manner and then snapping the fingers out of the box results in two audible clicks, the first louder than the second. The box does look high quality, and I'm enjoying it as a contraption.

The most natural way would be not to use a box, like The Switch by Shim Lim, but this method is difficult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df1GHW60tuw

Oscar
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4088 Posts

Profile of emyers99
The removal will take practice but gets more natural with time. You definitely donít need to yank it out of the box in a fast/jerky motion like in the demo. It can be done more slowly and smoothly and the sound is pretty much covered by the real card snapping off the box as you remove it.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2021, ocb wrote:
The most natural way would be not to use a box,
like The Switch by Shim Lim, but this method is difficult
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df1GHW60tuw[/quote]

This would of course be the ultimate method, but must require some hard practice and skill
PhantomStranger
View Profile
New user
Tri-State Area
78 Posts

Profile of PhantomStranger
Is there anything like this but does it with a coin? A super fast switch in the open like that self working?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4418 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
What getting a signed coin to appear in a clear box that has the same denomination coin in there already ? Gaz 😊
PhantomStranger
View Profile
New user
Tri-State Area
78 Posts

Profile of PhantomStranger
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
What getting a signed coin to appear in a clear box that has the same denomination coin in there already ? Gaz 😊

doesn't have to be signed. if you had two coins that basically look the same, but maybe the writing on one was slightly different when closely examined, something to switch them in the open like that. Just curious
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Vision Box 2.0 / Jo„o Miranda (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL