The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Vision Box 2.0 / Jo„o Miranda (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5245 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, emyers99 wrote:
Improvements look good. Wish they would have added little magnets to make the lid stay on in your pocket. That would have made it perfect


Agreed, especially since they make a point of now being able to carry it while "set" safely in a pocket.
Although slipping an elastic band around it can be easily justified as part of your routine. I have also tied a small ribbon around the box too for use in parlor shows.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1037 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Well, I already have (and use) Kennedy's and Regal's boxes, but am sorely tempted to add this one. I clearly need help! Smile
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4130 Posts

Profile of emyers99
If you use the Kennedy box, note that the dump out for Vision requires a different technique. With Kennedy, all you need is a simple shuttle pass and it can even be a little sloppy. With this, you need more precision both in how you hold the box and how you remove the card. So this is a step up from Kennedy in terms of required technique.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1261 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Didnít liked the noise V1 made. Did this changed?
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1037 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, emyers99 wrote:
If you use the Kennedy box, note that the dump out for Vision requires a different technique. With Kennedy, all you need is a simple shuttle pass and it can even be a little sloppy. With this, you need more precision both in how you hold the box and how you remove the card. So this is a step up from Kennedy in terms of required technique.


Thanks, emyers99. I don't use a shuttle pass, but another technique which Kennedy suggested. I went ahead and ordered this. Will see how much of a challenge it is to adapt it to my current method.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5245 Posts

Profile of videoman
Yeah, Vision Box isnít really a dump, itís more of a take. But very simple with a little bit of practice and extremely deceptive.

AFA noise, when I do it I am holding both the box and the lid in my left hand and remove the card with the fingers of my right hand. With both plastic pieces in my left hand as well the card being removed, I find that any little bit of noise is justified by the things the audience is aware of so they do not suspect something they do not know exists.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1323 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
I have to say this looks very impressive and the switch so clean. I really love it! However am I the only one to notice the folded card you open out and show to your audience is a double backed card? Surely that's risky!
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3025 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I was interested in ordering the original Vision Box so glad I held off & now here is the new one 2.0 !
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4130 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I agree with videoman about the noise. Easily covered. And I did also notice the folded card in the new version is a double backer but I only caught that the second time I watched it so Iím guessing spectators will never catch it, especially since they donít even know double backers exist.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
709 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2020, Angelo Carbone wrote:
Am I the only one to notice the folded card you open out and show to your audience is a double backed card?


No, it also struck me immediately and I wondered about it very much 🤔

Maybe there is a hint in the tutorial, on the other hand really risky
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5245 Posts

Profile of videoman
I noticed it too and wondered why Joao used it. It was necessary in the original but the audience only saw it while folded. I didnít think it was necessary to use a db in the new version.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
709 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
AVAILABLE STARTING THE 18th OF DECEMBER 2020

Statement => Dynamite Magic Shop Netherlands
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
My only problem with it is how the object is taking out of the box. This "strong move" doesn't fit the action of taking a paper out of a box and looks very strange to me. Guess that will fly but for me it isn't that smooth.
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
404 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Hi Guys,

Thank you for the kind words.

Here is my good friend Dani Daortiz favorite handling for the box.

Enjoy

The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1715 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Looks very clean. Great handling.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5245 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2020, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
My only problem with it is how the object is taking out of the box. This "strong move" doesn't fit the action of taking a paper out of a box and looks very strange to me. Guess that will fly but for me it isn't that smooth.


I'm not sure what "strong move" you saw but taking it out of the box looks very normal and innocent to me. I've never had it questioned or gotten any funny looks when doing it.
Dani's dump looks good but I still prefer the standard take move.
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2020, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2020, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
My only problem with it is how the object is taking out of the box. This "strong move" doesn't fit the action of taking a paper out of a box and looks very strange to me. Guess that will fly but for me it isn't that smooth.


I'm not sure what "strong move" you saw but taking it out of the box looks very normal and innocent to me. I've never had it questioned or gotten any funny looks when doing it.
Dani's dump looks good but I still prefer the standard take move.



I didn't see Dani Daortiz handling before my comment! THIS way of just dumping it I like pretty much! Just taking it out from the top looked not good to me!
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2575 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I think both handlinglook look fantastic.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland, home of the TAXED
1155 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2020, MR Effecto wrote:
I think both handlinglook look fantastic.


I agree!!!!
No one is going to suspect anything at all with either move.
If you get caught w these moves..... you definitely didnít practice and should not perform. Ever! Lol. Just kidding. But absolutely no normal spectator will suspect anything.

Brilliant.
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
54 Posts

Profile of mandrax
I agree it looks very good. One of the best trick of this year.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Vision Box 2.0 / Jo„o Miranda (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL