The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vision Box 2.0 / João Miranda (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
mpilkey
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of mpilkey
As a dealer with Murphys, I will be getting my stock in tomorrow (12/18). Official release date is 12/21. I’ll be sure to do a thorough review.
SIRIously Mental available from me directly

Mike@chattanoogamagic.com
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
There really is no need for a review from any product that comes from Joao. Quality products quality man.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1688 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I would like to stress that as far as I am concerned honest, critical reviews are ALWAYS appreciated.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2020, mpilkey wrote:
As a dealer with Murphys, I will be getting my stock in tomorrow (12/18)
Official release date is 12/21 - I’ll be sure to do a thorough review.

I can not believe that this will be the case, since the parcels went out only on 17 December and the
shipping companiesare currently totally overloaded and it comes to imensen delays of a delivery ...
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1390 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
I have to say, I’m not impressed. The removal of the card is very unnatural looking; the placement of the fingers and the sudden, snappy motion of jerking the card from the box looks odd. Tommy Wonder’s card box is so much more natural and mysterious. Or, I think a simple paper clip switch (a la Jay Sankey) is much better. I understand if someone wants the aesthetic of a clear box for their routine, but the actions just really stand out as unnatural, in my opinion.
It's all in the reflexes.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2728 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I agree with Illucifer, Paperclipped is very organic. I have V1 of Vision Box, but won't be putting out more money for an improvement and owning 2 boxes.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2020, Illucifer wrote:
I have to say, I’m not impressed. The removal of the card is very unnatural looking; the placement of the fingers and the sudden, snappy motion of jerking the card from the box looks odd. Tommy Wonder’s card box is so much more natural and mysterious. Or, I think a simple paper clip switch (a la Jay Sankey) is much better. I understand if someone wants the aesthetic of a clear box for their routine, but the actions just really stand out as unnatural, in my opinion.

I can't agree at all, the handling is not suspicious or particularly noticeable to a viewer unfamiliar with magic.
And another method can be used which is even more inconspicuous. I have the Mystery Solved box and never
really warmed up to it, and I'm sure Vision 2.0 is much easier and more foolproof to use. The upcoming field
reports will bring final clarity. I believe Vision 2.0 will be a great item.

Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4418 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Mystery solved box is rubbish in comparison I have a brand new one that I can’t even give away Gaz 😊
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
722 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Quote:

Totally agree with this. Use Sankey's Paperclipped and put it under an inverted wineglass. Same trick, better/easier handling IMO.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
thecromulent
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, NY
264 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
OSYN is even better than Paperclipped. I can't say enough good things about that nice.

Evan
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland, home of the TAXED
1120 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2020, thecromulent wrote:
OSYN is even better than Paperclipped. I can't say enough good things about that nice.

Evan

OSYN? I give up..... what does that stand for?

"I can't say enough good things about that nice" What does this mean?

sorry that I'm confused. I have been awake for 40 hours straight though. Maybe that's why.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland, home of the TAXED
1120 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2020, corpmagi wrote:
Quote:

Totally agree with this. Use Sankey's Paperclipped and put it under an inverted wineglass. Same trick, better/easier handling IMO.

Or.....
Use Paperclipped, and put it under Vision Box 2!!!!!!!! I am freaking AWESOME!
You're welcome!
thecromulent
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, NY
264 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
OSYN:
https://ellusionist.com/products/osyn

Apparently discontinued, which is a real shame.

"Nice" is apparently autocorrect for "move.”
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:

Such videos make me crazy 🙃 I stay with the Vision 2.0 😉

thecromulent
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, NY
264 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2020, Magic Dust wrote:
Quote:

Such videos make me crazy 🙃 I stay with the Vision 2.0 😉

Oh yes, that video is garbage. The "blank to thought of card" effect is okay, but the switch itself is beautiful, practical, and versatile. It's "Paperclipped," but you can show your hands empty during and after. Just pay attention to the very end of the video, where he switches the bill, and imagine doing that with a card.
jay1209
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of jay1209
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2020, Magic Dust wrote:
Quote:

I can't agree at all, the handling is not suspicious or particularly noticeable to a viewer unfamiliar with magic.
And another method can be used which is even more inconspicuous. I have the Mystery Solved box and never
really warmed up to it, and I'm sure Vision 2.0 is much easier and more foolproof to use. The upcoming field
reports will bring final clarity. I believe Vision 2.0 will be a great item.

I really like the look of this switch over the one in the demo, much more natural and no jerky movements. I hope something like this is explained in the video as an additional handling.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4418 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
The handling doesn’t need explaining its as basic as ABC ? Gaz 😊
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1206 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I suspect the handling by Daortiz works better with video frames and is not suitable for the real world.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4968 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2020, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
I would like to stress that as far as I am concerned honest, critical reviews are ALWAYS appreciated.

I too would be very happy to hear reviews from new owners.
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
585 Posts

Profile of Vogler
I Have Toibox and I love it. All these boxes yelling “hello Im a mysterious gimmicked box used only by magicians”
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vision Box 2.0 / João Miranda (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL