The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Vision Box 2.0 / Jo„o Miranda (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1763 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Hmm. I understand what you are saying, but I think this looks very inconspicuous. A see-through plastic box with a black bottom is quite common.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have version 1.0 and been playing around with it again the last couple of days and itís fantastic . I canít see how 2.0 will be better as itís perfect as it is and it seems to me itís trying to fix something that ainít broken . Itís an incredible illusion and works wonderfully Gaz 😊
thecromulent
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, NY
272 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2020, Vogler wrote:
I Have Toibox and I love it. All these boxes yelling ďhello Im a mysterious gimmicked box used only by magiciansĒ

Agreed. Toibox is wonderful.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Received Vision 2.0 today and I am quite satisfied - Since I do not have the Version 1.0 I can not make a comparison but the new Version 2.0 works flawlessly and very quiet. Box itself is very cleanly crafted and really nice clear and transparent. However, I would have liked to see a complete replacement for a second application as a standard addition and the packaging could have been a little wider to be able to insert replacement cards flat. Greatest care should be taken for card placement and a steady hand is neccesary !
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5388 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I have version 1.0 and been playing around with it again the last couple of days and itís fantastic . I canít see how 2.0 will be better as itís perfect as it is and it seems to me itís trying to fix something that ainít broken . Itís an incredible illusion and works wonderfully Gaz 😊

Don't you remember back on page 3 when Mr. EFFECTO ststed this; "Gaz, there are huge advantages with the 2.0 . One of the big ones is itís way better to set up. Easy to carry and can add your prediction card right in front of your spectator. "?

Can you add your prediction card right in front of the specs with version 1?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Hi Bob I donít know how true that statement is in the real world and I have no desire to add my prediction in front of my audience anyway , best wishes Gaz 😊
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5388 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well that's strange, because the effect would be so much stronger by adding the prediction right in front of your spectators before you begin.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I donít like messing around like that Bob I like to be set and ready to go and donít see the point of putting something in there just to take it back out again a short time later . I am happy with a miracle and prefer things set as itís one thing less to worry about . Each to their own but the couple of people who I do know who have this have a few reservations with this newer version Gaz 😊
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5388 Posts

Profile of RNK
Are they members here at the Cafť? It would be nice to hear what reservations they have?

And the point of putting a written prediction in the box right in front of them help show that nothing was set up beforehand and would definitely be much stronger than having it in there already.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland, home of the TAXED
1153 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
My girlfriend has a horse. I used to be afraid of horses but now I am actually quite fond of them.
It makes me sad to see a dead horse....
lyoma
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of lyoma
I have V1. And if I can put my prediction card in the box V2 in front of spectators NATURALLY, I will also buy V2, because it is a big plus for my routine. It should be the only reason to buy V2 for me. Could someone comment on the practicability of inserting a card? Thank you.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1267 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
RNK that is almost a fundamental question and a question of taste in placing the card openly in the box and showing it beforehand (also transparent versus opaque box).
If we think about it more closely, the use with signature is not a prediction but a paradox.
A card already exists that cannot yet exist (which could also suggest that an exchange must have taken place).
In the case of a covered box, one could still consider that the card got in inexplicably.
There are therefore many who prefer this approach and reject the open handling.
I'm still experimenting with both approaches and would at least try it out.
I would have ideas for presentations for both variants, but I could also imagine that the open handling is more puzzling than inexplicable in the end. 🤔
lyoma
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of lyoma
ArtIn, you are absolutely right. I understand the pro and con of a transparent box. I like transparent box and blank cards, I do not why, but I am fascinated by these visual aspects. I suppose that this impression is linked to my memory when I discovered the wonder of magic.

I try to combine Vision box with Revolve by Nicolas Lawrence. I put a blank card into the box, not for a prediction, just for a moment of suspense. And I perform a version of Out of Sight by Joshua Jay (not the original method, another one without D*****D****). I ask the spectator to sign the card selected and revealed. After vanishing it, I come back to the blank card in the transparent box. Until this moment, spectators don't think the card is the one signed; just the blank card inserted in the box in the beginning. Now I CHANGE it into the signed card thanks to Revolve.
dvno
View Profile
Loyal user
Hamburg
284 Posts

Profile of dvno
I donít own the earlier version and if this questions seems stupid for you, please excuse me. But can someone tell if itís possible to have a foldet billet inside the box instead of a playing card? Thanks Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4777 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes you can have a billet in there merry Christmas Gaz 😊
dvno
View Profile
Loyal user
Hamburg
284 Posts

Profile of dvno
Thanks Gaz and merry christmas
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2020, dvno wrote:
Can someone tell if itís possible to have a foldet billet inside the box instead of a playing card? Thanks Smile

Yes - Vision 2.0 come with a red & blue card plus a white paper - others are possible but take care of the used material
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3403 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I would have thought having the choice of being able to add a prediction card in front of the audience is a clear added benefit -especially for Mentalism routines. You are always free to do it the original way, if you choose.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1267 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2020, Martin Pulman wrote:
I would have thought having the choice of being able to add a prediction card in front of the audience is a clear added benefit -especially for Mentalism routines. You are always free to do it the original way, if you choose.

I agree if you use a blank card or card without signature.
Otherwise itís not a prediction.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5388 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2020, Martin Pulman wrote:

Yes, agree Martin. It's definitely stronger IMO. Of course its still going to be pretty darn good for some routines when the item is in the box prior but in the end much more amazing if your prediction is written and placed in a box in full view before the spectators choice is made. Pretty hard to beat.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Vision Box 2.0 / Jo„o Miranda (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL