The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Back color change (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
523 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Hi all!
Is anybody aware of a routine where , say, four blue backed cards turn one at a time into red backed. I'm sure there are tons of those out there, but for my life I cannot think of one! Hence the call to you helpfull Café members...
Thanks in advance, take care!
Gilles
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
dj
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of dj
Something like that?

Miracle Jokers:
https://youtu.be/VsByFdH1YUk
or
Color Changing Jokers:
https://youtu.be/HmKZUPVwGTA

Darko
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
672 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Beautiful work, Darko!
dj
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2020, ejohn wrote:
Beautiful work, Darko!

Thanks.

Darko
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
523 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Nice job Darko! Doable close-up?
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
dj
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, gillesA4 wrote:
Nice job Darko! Doable close-up?

Yes of course.

Darko
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
662 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Very nice Darko!
Theres also Shin Lims 52 Shades, where 4 red cards turn to 4 blue cards, but it's more of a sudden change instead of one at a time
Here is a performance at around 4:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ba-bjZ43E
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27123 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
There is a Hans Trixer item, "Wild, Man, Wild", using Jokers where the backs change. It was a Ken Brooke item - now Steven's Magic.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
523 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Hi Jonathan! Thanks for the info, I'm looking for it right now!
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
662 Posts

Profile of Bill08
They don't become all blue, but the color changes come with a neat move, and they can be examined at the end?!
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/14874
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
523 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Yes, it was in the newsletter this morning, but I'll wait until it's available in (continental) Europe, my last purchase with Penguin took more than 6 weeks to reach Brussels...
martyjacobs
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1087 Posts

Profile of martyjacobs
I love the routines, Darko. Very slick, well done. Are these original to you (I'm assuming they are given how well you perform them)? I have a very simple switching technique for tricks like yours that use odd-backed cards. It would allow you to end with four normal playing cards. PM me if you're interested.

@Gilles, one of the best versions of this plot is Jesters by Aldo Colombini. I also have a routine called Quick Change Queens that uses four regular playing cards if you're interested.
dj
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2021, martyjacobs wrote:
I love the routines, Darko. Very slick, well done. Are these original to you (I'm assuming they are given how well you perform them)? I have a very simple switching technique for tricks like yours that use odd-backed cards. It would allow you to end with four normal playing cards. PM me if you're interested.

What do you mean by "I have a very simple switching technique for tricks like yours that use odd-backed cards"?

I don't use gimmick cards.

Darko
martyjacobs
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1087 Posts

Profile of martyjacobs
I know that you're not using gimmicks in these two tricks. I tend not to use them either as I'm too lazy to replace them when they wear out!

Sorry, my message was unclear. The method I mention would enable you to end with four blued-backed jokers, or any other four-of-a-kind for that matter. Not necessary at all, but I like to allow people to examine cards that have changed multiple times at the end of a routine like this.
dj
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2021, martyjacobs wrote:
I know that you're not using gimmicks in these two tricks. I tend not to use them either as I'm too lazy to replace them when they wear out!

Sorry, my message was unclear. The method I mention would enable you to end with four blued-backed jokers, or any other four-of-a-kind for that matter. Not necessary at all, but I like to allow people to examine cards that have changed multiple times at the end of a routine like this.

In my two routines "Miracle Jokers" and "Color Changing Jokers" the spectator can examine all four cards (without a switch).
martyjacobs
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1087 Posts

Profile of martyjacobs
I've PM'd you the basic idea. The switch includes the required d****h that makes your two tricks examinable. I would not use the idea if you want to keep your packet tricks self-contained. However, I use the idea a lot in my card magic and it cleans things up, while also providing an extra moment of magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Back color change (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL