The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Blowing a 260Q with your nose. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rsummer27
View Profile
Loyal user
South Carolina
225 Posts

Profile of rsummer27
Is there any way to learn how to blow a 260Q balloon up using your nose without blowing out both of your eardrums?
Giggles the Clown buys all of his
supplies at www.madhattermagicshop.com
Super Low Prices on Videos and DVDs!
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Consider brain flossing. One of the variatins will give you almost the same effect.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
rsummer27
View Profile
Loyal user
South Carolina
225 Posts

Profile of rsummer27
Thanks Slim,
I just got your notes on Brain Flossing. They were a big help. I think that soon I will be able to do it without throwing up. The variation of Brian Flossing that you speak of is actually the one I have been trying. John Holmes performed it on his new balloon video Double Take vol #1. I first got turned on to brain flossing when I saw the video.

Ralph
Giggles the Clown buys all of his
supplies at www.madhattermagicshop.com
Super Low Prices on Videos and DVDs!
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2920 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
How heart warming it is to know that John Holmes has put out on video something that is not his. I don't know Mr. Holmes, but the balloon in the nose and out the mouth is something I created well over a decade ago. I recently heard from a friend that he saw a street performer do it in Perth, Australia. I guess I should be flattered by all this.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hi Todd...since you are the best of the best in this biz you should be flattered and secure in your position...speading culture and sinus cleansing around the world! It's inevitable the creator gets lost in some translations...:-0
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2920 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Thanks for the kind words. I've never tried to be the best in the business, just the best version I can be.

I did the video for Steven's Emporium years ago so that it would document what I do, as bits and pieces of my act had been "borrowed" by others. The worst thing is to create something, have someone else steal it, do it on TV and then have people accuse you of steal the other person's bit.

If people take something from my act, well it's too bad for them really. The most important thing about performance is being true to yourself. It's the only way to stand out and succeed.

What irks me is when someone takes something from someone else and then puts it out on their instructional video. I'm sure there's some rationale for this, but it is beyond my powers of logic.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Possible it came to them as 'legend' and they just don't know its history...or they don't give a can of bean dip. However...

For those who haven't had the pleasure of watching Todd work a crowd...(Todd hush up now and avert your gaze)...there is no finer Entertainer in the game...it's like watching say a 'Dean Martin', but doing awful things to his gullet...oh wait...Dean did do awful things to his gullet...I guess the best way to put it is, there is no shoddiness to to the Robbins presentation of bizarre sideshow arts. One can steal the 'act', like one could sing Dean's songs...but the usurper ain't gonna get the 'showbiz class'.

No I never met Todd...but it's the best performance tape I own.

By the way Todd, it's a bootleg somebody sent me...hahaha.

Doug
Encinitas
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Blowing a 260Q with your nose. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL