The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Cross Cut Force - Nerd Stuff (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
peirceman
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of peirceman
What I find interesting is that even with the cards numbered on the back, this had no impact on the deceptiveness of the force. Card number 1 is on top of the deck. CCF is executed, the packs are separated and the subject looks at the face of card #1 and does not report that the sequence of events forced the selection of the card. I get the whole "I'm going to do a magic trick" causing a different state of mind in the spectator, but holy crap, that's powerful.

I've don't use this force much because I've always thought it was too obvious. This discussion has me seriously re-thinking my perception of this force. Thanks to everyone that participated in this thread for helping my magical thinking.
ipe
View Profile
Special user
513 Posts

Profile of ipe
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2021, Rspangl wrote:
Check out Justin Flom's use of CC force on the James Cordan show (use your favorite search engine to find the YouTube video). Justin shared this video at the FCM convention a couple years ago. Brilliant use of the technique.

This is a Ben Earl's idea. Another similar idea is the Deal & Cross Cut Force by John Bannon.
What would a real mindreader do?
ipe
View Profile
Special user
513 Posts

Profile of ipe
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2021, peirceman wrote:
What I find interesting is that even with the cards numbered on the back, this had no impact on the deceptiveness of the force. [...] I get the whole "I'm going to do a magic trick" causing a different state of mind in the spectator, but holy crap, that's powerful.

I totally agree. This is what amazed me.
NicholasD25
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
For reasons I'm sure everyone has considered, I never used the cross cut force. That changed when I saw John Bannon's in the hands cross cut force. As with any move of this type, it should be used sparingly.
Rspangl
View Profile
New user
Ohio
54 Posts

Profile of Rspangl
Here is the YouTube link of Justin Flom, I previously referred to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbi8lbcG2Es
Ron Spangler
ipe
View Profile
Special user
513 Posts

Profile of ipe
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2021, NicholasD25 wrote:
That changed when I saw John Bannon's in the hands cross cut force.

Hi Nicholas, where can we find this version?
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2021, Rspangl wrote:

AWESOME!

She believes she has throughly shuffled the cards, so is going to be totally relaxed about the cut - not on the lookout for possible discrepancies.
NicholasD25
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2021, Rspangl wrote:

Enjoyed that a lot. Didn't see where it was going. He handled it very nicely.
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOOVerAYGlQ

Here's another nice example of CCF.
He uses the wording I like (!)
The routine has 3 phases. They cut the cards right at the beginning, but don't look till the end. Perfect! (Bear in mind that a less careful performer might leave the cut till near the end of the routine, and not realise the difference)
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Mark Elsdon does a rather interesting "double" CCF at 11.00 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lYsPVhhVWM
pnerd
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of pnerd
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2021, Nikodemus wrote:
Mark Elsdon does a rather interesting "double" CCF at 11.00 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lYsPVhhVWM

A good piece of advice about the Cross-Cut Force from Mark Elsdon's Limelight: "Often when I see the cross-cut force performed the motivation for the time-delay is a brief recap of what they have watched you do just three seconds earlier! This has always struck me as a stupid idea. Rather, focusing attention on the impossibility of anyone knowing the cards they stopped on is hugely preferable and gets them thinking about context rather than process."
kShepher
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
470 Posts

Profile of kShepher
Research has shown, and personal experience verified that this is the absolute best force. Some of these convoluted ones boogle the mind. They are absurd.
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2021, pnerd wrote:
... gets them thinking about context rather than process.

Brilliant!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Cross Cut Force - Nerd Stuff (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL